Bm =]

liamm6
liamm6 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
making a sword bm for fun, how to build it? my friend told me 3 str 1 dex 1 vit per level, but I'm not sure.
Post edited by liamm6 on

Comments

• Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    That is the simple (basic) stats for an axe-path BM. For sword, you need more DEX and less STR. Minimum STR for heavy armor is the binding constraint (averages 2.5 STR per level). Swords average a DEX requirement of 1.5 per level.

How you use the remaining 1 point per level is where the "just for fun" part comes in. For early survivability, I think most people recommend VIT, but by the mid 40s or so, you should be able to start exploring whether you want to make this a second-rate-axe-wannabe with points in STR or continuing in VIT or do you want to walk on the wild side with a DEX-built sword BM (maybe with a few skills pulled out of the fist path for extra weirdness).

All of which leads to the basic sword build path:
    2.5 STR / 1.5 DEX / 1 VIT
    up to 50 VIT and then you are on your own to make it fun.
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wow lol second-rate-axe-wannabe, nice. Although i am a sword BM going to hybrid soon. But anyway I feel hybrids are nicer characters to play. Just a comment..
  • liamm6
    liamm6 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    That confused me, then I realised where you're getting, thx, but which bm would be best? axe or sword? b:surrender
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    That confused me, then I realised where you're getting, thx, but which bm would be best? axe or sword?
    It depends. But axes are more popular for a reason. Better for a lot of things. That said, I still like my sword.