barb money making

Options
Prolinechan - Sanctuary
Prolinechan - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Barbarian
hey guys, i myself as a veno have no problem getting money, i easily farm 100k each hour. but my friend (barb... duh) keeps bothering me about it. he says: "Your the veno, you make money, give me money damnit!" and it an be anoying sometimes.
so my question is. does any of you have a good advice for my friend to make money as a barbarian.he's lvl 52 (stats i dont know...)
thanks guys
Post edited by Prolinechan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    your friend is just lazy and a beggar... barbs don't make money as easily.. but he can grind just as easily.. he just won't make money as fast as you.. it will still be making money ... his best bet is entirely physical mobs of earth element typing (because of poison fang) .. i don't remember if there are any around those levels though
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hey guys, i myself as a veno have no problem getting money, i easily farm 100k each hour. but my friend (barb... duh) keeps bothering me about it. he says: "Your the veno, you make money, give me money damnit!" and it an be anoying sometimes.
    so my question is. does any of you have a good advice for my friend to make money as a barbarian.he's lvl 52 (stats i dont know...)
    thanks guys

Veno's usually make more money because they have very low expenses. We only have to repair our weapons most of the time, and we rarely use pots or other apoth items. We also don't have that much use for charms the majority of the time unless we pk.

Doesn't sound like a great friend if he's always demanding that you give him money. It's my understanding that barbarians start making a lot more money once they are more capable of running TT, Rebirth Orders, etc. You always make money faster at higher levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Heres a tip, ALWAYS TT with friends and people you know. I hate joining squads with people that I do not know. I do not trust em on item splitting and hate when they go afk for long periods of time.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    even with TT.. the prices are dropping really fast.. its not a big money maker.. you can play the market.. you can grind.. you can TT.. you can do rebirth quests... all of it makes money.. just nothing at that fast a pace

i made all my money off rebirth quests.. but that was when tome frags were 400k a piece.. now they are like 150k a piece.. not as big a cash cow anymore
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Barbs don't make as much money grinding as venos...period. Half of what we manage to grind up, we spend on repair costs.

But that's life for a melee toon and its no reason for him demanding money of you. He should make a veno alt to fund his barb. I've got a under 20 veno and already she is making money (minor as it may be) for my barb.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Gogg - Heavens Tear
    Gogg - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    your friend is just lazy and a beggar... barbs don't make money as easily.. but he can grind just as easily.. he just won't make money as fast as you.. it will still be making money ... his best bet is entirely physical mobs of earth element typing (because of poison fang) .. i don't remember if there are any around those levels though

Grinding on magic mobs is actually pretty easy.
    You just run up with Alclarity. Flesh ream twice (rinse) and repeat.

Your friend is a moochb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lextrux - Dreamweaver
    Lextrux - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Grinding on magic mobs is actually pretty easy.
    You just run up with Alclarity. Flesh ream twice (rinse) and repeat.

Your friend is a moochb:laugh
    Barbs don't make as much money grinding as venos...period. Half of what we manage to grind up, we spend on repair costs.

But that's life for a melee toon and its no reason for him demanding money of you. He should make a veno alt to fund his barb. I've got a under 20 veno and already she is making money (minor as it may be) for my barb.

yea about that, my bm is a blades user, so I have more dex than axe/hammer users but less than roughs, so I do just a bit less damage, but I hit more often and have more crits (5% now (crit arrow included)).
    Still, half that I farm I have to give away on repairs, pots. I try to buy as little amount of pots I can to save coin, because I can't even pay for the skills I need >_<
    I made most of my coin through selling DQ items at NPC (the chance of selling them to players is a waste of time and I usually get dc after a few hours, so...)
    I know the cost is I don't get the orbs, exp and silver, but it did give me some extra income to pay for things I needed, all of this changed around lvl 38, when skills became more expensive and less dq items were dropping.
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lextrux. Dont worry so much. I am a sword BM too and my advice to you would be know what DQ items to sell. I manage to sell all my DQ items after lots of patience and earned me pretty much. And DQ items drop pretty common around this lvl.

As for barb, every class is capable of making money. Just more or less. For a barb, it will be a problem cause they tank a lot. However, if your friend uses his money wisely, he would get by. He can just use less pots and sit rest instead and he should know heiros are cheaper than pots so ask him to use one if he doesnt have one yet. But he is only a barb... Imagine wizards and cleric, spending so much on their skills. He should just deal with it himself.
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thanks guys

1) tell him to get fcked and make his own money
    2) I have NEVER had problem wid money, and its not like ive got **** gear or anything
    3) a good advice-pick up EVERYTHING that drops even coins, if he cant be bothered to pick up everything coz hes griding, tell him to stop qqing about being poor. Most of the time, you'll get heaps of DQ stuff which will bring in heaps of income
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    be smart, join a guild with a tw bankroll!
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ghettodog - Lost City
    Ghettodog - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thanks guys

Don't listen to these kids, PLAY THE MARKET

I have 2kk cash and this is not my alt.
  • Crystal_Clea - Sanctuary
    Crystal_Clea - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    making money in gridding... a barb?

I am a miner, I farm materials to made ultimate substances. I can made 6 US (ultimate susbtances) per hour, I sell 2 US in the actioneer for 135K, so If I sell 6 US I can get around 380K per hour, and yes I farm the materials with my barbarian because he is my main char. I almost spent 9 millions to get my tt 70 stuf, plus helm of aqua vishou and equine talisman.
  • Reevoive - Lost City
    Reevoive - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Don't listen to these kids, PLAY THE MARKET
    Merchanting is great for making money, but can be pretty tedious. best to have a second computer or laptop that you can run a 24/7 shop on since multi-boxing is allowed.
  • _focker_ - Lost City
    _focker_ - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Its hard work makeing money as a barb at 1st when i started to get the high repair costs i was useless at makeing/saveing money burning it all on pots/repairs so i had a read over the forms on tips to playing ur barb.

1st thing is dont grind in human yes u have more damage u might kill the mob faster but grinding in kitty is much better with the use of sunder maxed to ur lvl means no more money to spend on pots saves about 150k for a 8 hour grind.

2nd people often sell things cheaper in kitty shops if u dont have a 2nd pc/laptop to run a stall 24/7 like me u can offten pick up a few things cheap in kitty shops and resell in the AH for a bit more while ur out grinding for money!!

3rd repair as offten as u can makes it seem like u spend less than when u turn up and the reapir cost is 160k+ 2 or 3 times a day depending on how much u like to grind.

Its not easy playing a barb one of the slowest most clostly classes to lvl but its not hard to make money just takes time i can make 500k+ a day and affter reapirs, pots, miji, i can stilll walk away with 300k for the bank.

Also dont wast cash on mp pots a mp charm in the long run is way way cheaper than buying mp pots if u want to make money hand over foot ur playing the rong class so reroll a veno stop bringin a bad name to the babrs by mooching of ur friends guildies dont be so lazy get out there and use ur brain its not realy hardb:angryb:angry
  • Reevoive - Lost City
    Reevoive - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    mp charms was a good point. people sell gold charms for more than half the cost of the mp pots it takes for an equivalent mp value
  • Tysken - Sanctuary
    Tysken - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When I farm, I have a helm with + 3 MP Regeneration, use all my buffs, accationally use sunder, and mostly use Advanced Spark Eruption.

With this set up (and the correct mobs, which I will not provide lol) I use zero pots, mana nor health, and can farm as long as my heart desires.

You would be surprised how much +3 MP regen actually helps a Barb never use MP pots. And the rare times my life gets below my comfort zone, I just rest for 60 secs and have full HP and MP. I plan on getting Tree of Protection which costs 200 stamina to never have to rest while farming. A lvl 2 blade gives you 10 yiyan stones which is 400 stamina. So each tme you cast the spell it essentially costs you 420 coins, which can be made up by 1-3 coin drops from mobs.

As far as repair costs, well they are high but I have noticed that I usually have 10% of the dragon quest and item drops cut out by the repairs, but the coin drops make up for all if not more than the repair cost.

Also save all the pots you get and put em in storage. I am still using lvl 40 mana pots lol.

I farmed for 1 hr yesterday and made 130k on drops, 30k in coins, repair cost 28k. So I think I am making decent money as a barb.
  • Morandres - Harshlands
    Morandres - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Making money is as easy as picking up everything that mobs drop. Considering we are a melee class, if you don't pick up the loot, you are just plain lazy. For Archers/Wizards and all other ranged class I can see why picking up loot COULD be a waste of time, but in the end it never is. Just put pick up to an easy to reach button, click it a few times when the mob dies and you will get money.

Don't waste time shopping, grind grind grind!b:laugh
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Don't waste time shopping, grind grind grind!b:laugh
    I advocate the opposite! b:laugh

When I had about 5mill I roughly doubled it thanks to the surprise pigment sale that happened a month or so ago. It took 1 week for the pigments to all sell, at which point the Battle Packs went on sale and effectively turned the ~10mill into ~16mill. Total profit of ~11mill for about 2 hours spent trading, most of which was opening pigments/Battle Packs.

Obviously I got very very lucky and had enough capital to invest in the first place, but my point is that shopping can be hugely rewarding for very little time investment, even for us "poor" Barbs. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Suggestion for your friend:
    Either put effort into the game and make money like the rest of us
    or
    Put effort into real life so you can become rich and buy as much zen/gold as you want ;D
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Best advice. Gathering materials and apothecary.

Even at low levels, gathering materials and then selling them to others can often make up for your repair costs. Gathering materials while grinding can also give you those little breaks in combat to recover a bit of health/mana and save on potion costs. Often, those materials are just sitting there, so you might as well help yourself. When you get to the level 26+ range, secondary mats, like leather and oil can earn you quite a bit of money when grinding, so grind smart and find out what drops what. In my mid-late 30s I was making a good 20-40k an hour grinding on spawns in the secret passage between selling mats and DQ items.

Apothecary is also strongly suggested. Those hp/mp per tick drugs are awesome for grinding. Other herbs can be made into other useful drugs that improve damage, or defense, both can make your life easier in certain situations.

Beyond that, I would suggest doing a more offense based build until the around level 70. Higher damage means smaller repair bill, and slightly higher agro. Below level 70, you usually won't be required to tank too many extremely hard things, so as long as you can keep agro, and have a cleric who doesn't have their head up their bum, you're usually good. After level 70, you can pretty much figure out if you want to be an uber tank, or just a decent one.
  • Ghettodog - Lost City
    Ghettodog - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Look this is the real answer for your friend:
    If he's stupid tell him to grind.
    If he's smart tell him to play the market.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    be smart, join a faction with a tw bankroll
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]