World Chat?

chewybiteums
chewybiteums Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Is there a way to filter out or disable JUST world chat? I've been playing for a few weeks now and I've been sick of it since day 1. I've looked all over, but I can't find any way to disable it and keep other chat still visible.
Post edited by chewybiteums on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No there isnt, but you can avoid reading it and its aggrivating users by switching to other chats. If there are other chats youd like to add or remove from certain ones click the cube in the bottom right of your chat as it serves as a filter.
  • FluffyWuffy - Dreamweaver
    FluffyWuffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    That should work for now, Tearvalerin. I like you. <3

Edit: Not sure why my avatar and handle just changed, but thanks from Chewy.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    what i want to know is why there is no longer any GMs watching the WC...when i first began playing here last year, people obeyed the rules regarding acceptable language and manners, or the GM promply banned them.

Now?

...the sky is the limit, when it comes to filthy language, indecent propositions, and many other things directly against the TOS.

the best i can suggest is to blacklist the really filthy mouthed players, and the rest of the time keep your chat bar clicked on something that you dont use much.

Is there a way to filter out or disable JUST world chat? I've been playing for a few weeks now and I've been sick of it since day 1. I've looked all over, but I can't find any way to disable it and keep other chat still visible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You can try and customize the trade channel, by allowing every other chat besides world chat (the yellow one)... You do that in System settings -> Game -> Trade, and select what you want and what not...
  • Requeil - Harshlands
    Requeil - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hmmm... I though Settings ---> General ---> uncheck World worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    for general chat it's grayed out, therefore it can't be disabled for that chat...
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    World chat is a bit of a joke at the moment, I've got several screenshots of indecent talk on there, foul language...and general attention-seeking.

So very annoying. =_=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • exelta
    exelta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    World chat annoys the hell out of me.

Speaking of disabling things - is it possible to disable user run shops? Those cat things lag me so bad.