Crazy Stone Quest

Options
iason
iason Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Just wanted to give some players a tip about this quest if they didn't know about it. The, "Crazy Stone" quest obtained in West Archasaur from the NPC Hou Jenhsi is a daily repeatable quest that offers a very large amount of XP that is equal or greater than doing a DQ at a great fraction of the price and time amount. Please check this quest out daily to gain a very large amount of XP without ever having to leave Archasaur.
Post edited by iason on

Comments

• stonia
    stonia Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    You have the coordinates for this NPC Hou Jenshi in West Archosaur?
  • Cadilliac - Heavens Tear
    Cadilliac - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    the coordinates for Hou Jenshi is 530 641
  • Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Here's a little preview to the upcoming quest guide (Level 20+) that I'm currently working on writing ;) (Level 20-29 are mostly complete other than a few minor tweaks btw)

This is taken from the level 30 quest section concerning the Crazy Stone quest :)

Daily Quest: Crazy Stone
    You recieve the quest from the NPC designated:

(Levels 30-60) Hou Jenhsi (530, 641) Archosaur, West
    (Levels 61-90) Tu Jo (533, 642) Archosaur, West
    (Levels 91+) Tu Heng (533, 645) Archosaur, West

Take appropriate rank set of stones to the indicated NPC. (Either a Merchant, Apothecary, Craftsman, or Tailor)

These will show up on your quest details if you open it. The quest will also give you a hint by telling you what part of the city the NPC is in.

The stones that you must take are:

Note: The grade 1 of these stones are found on the third page, 2nd row of any merchant in Perfect World. For learning how to combine stones, refer to some other guide or ask someone.

From level 30-40 (2,650 gold)
    1 Shabby Alabaster Shard
    1 Shabby Aquamarine Shard
    1 Shabby Ruby Shard
    1 Shabby Ametheyst Shard
    1 Shabby Topaz Shard

From level 41-60 (7,950 gold)
    1 Blemished Alabaster Shard
    1 Blemished Aquamarine Shard
    1 Blemished Ruby Shard
    1 Blemished Ametheyst Shard
    1 Blemished Topaz Shard

From level 61-80 (23, 850 gold)
    1 Common Alabaster Shard
    1 Common Aquamarine Shard
    1 Common Ruby Shard
    1 Common Ametheyst Shard
    1 Common Topaz Shard

From level 81-100 (71,550 gold)
    1 Average Alabaster Shard
    1 Average Aquamarine Shard
    1 Average Ruby Shard
    1 Average Ametheyst Shard
    1 Average Topaz Shard

After turning in the stones, return to the original NPC which gave the quest (Hou Jenhsi, Tu Jo, etc.)
    Wait 10 minutes in-game time
    After waiting, the quest reward can be obtained.

The amount of ExP and SP recieved is dependant on the level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadow685
    shadow685 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    hmmm but where can i find the shabby versions of the stones? just drops from creeps or can i buy them? i think at the jewelscraftsmen i can only buy the hmmm average versions right?
  • Ence - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Note: The grade 1 of these stones are found on the third page, 2nd row of any merchant in Perfect World. For learning how to combine stones, refer to some other guide or ask someone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vieth - Heavens Tear
    Vieth - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I've checked two jewelcraftsmen in Archosaur and both of them deal only in "average" stones.

EDIT: Okay I see the problem. Yes, it's easy for people to misread... It has to be a Merchant, not Jewelcraftsman. I'm aware Ence says "merchant" in his post, but since "merchant" is sometimes a catch-all term for any NPC selling anything, I thought I'd post the clarification.
  • Ence - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I've checked two jewelcraftsmen in Archosaur and both of them deal only in "average" stones.

EDIT: Okay I see the problem. Yes, it's easy for people to misread... It has to be a Merchant, not Jewelcraftsman. I'm aware Ence says "merchant" in his post, but since "merchant" is sometimes a catch-all term for any NPC selling anything, I thought I'd post the clarification.

Bug testing at it's best :P The difference will be stated in the quest guide when I release it ^___^ thanks :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadow685
    shadow685 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

hehe same mistake here :P
    but i found them finally at the merchant....i only forgot to say "ok i found it already" in this thread ;)
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I think you got something wrong. At my level, I'm handing in Rough Stones not Blemished. Blemished Stones are level 3 and would cost around 27k to combine.
  • azndevil95
    azndevil95 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    shadow685 wrote: »
    hmmm but where can i find the shabby versions of the stones? just drops from creeps or can i buy them? i think at the jewelscraftsmen i can only buy the hmmm average versions right?

it says to buy them from the merchant
  • StrongWings - Sanctuary
    StrongWings - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    As said Vidalaire the grade of stones is shift..
    after shabby goes rough then blemished and just then common.
  • Animality - Dreamweaver
    Animality - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I usually do Crazy Stone every morning... But this morning when I got the quest, it never told me which shards I need or what NPC to take them too in my quest log... I'm level 39... Any ideas?
    Overkill is recruiting! PM me in game for more info! (Dreamweaver server)
  • Blazehawk - Harshlands
    Blazehawk - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    As said Vidalaire the grade of stones is shift..
    after shabby goes rough then blemished and just then common.

U happen to know where i can find the rough ones?=)
  • LOGICHO - Lost City
    LOGICHO - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I always do the Crazy stone quest, but when i came in lvl <41 or someting i needed Rough stones. No merchant sells this stone. At page 1 a person says that i need blemished, but i need rough. Now im only doing BH quest.

Where can I buy thoose?
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    buy 3 shabby, and then combine them at the jewelcraftsman to a rough
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What is with all the necro recently.

And from over a year ago too.

andracil b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Monitored - Dreamweaver
    Monitored - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What is with all the necro recently.

And from over a year ago too.

andracil b:surrender

At least they're using the search function. I prefer a necro to seventeen threads asking the same question.
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    At least they're using the search function. I prefer a necro to seventeen threads asking the same question.

yeash, when they start new threads you ppl scream at em to use search, and when they find 1 you ppl scream necro, what do you expect them to dob:surrender
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Auldwulf - Dreamweaver
    Auldwulf - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's all good, but....

HOW ABOUT TELLING US WHERE TO FIND THESE SHARDS???
    b:angry geesh...
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's all good, but....

HOW ABOUT TELLING US WHERE TO FIND THESE SHARDS???
    b:angry geesh...

... Not having used the Jewelcraftsman's services at 30 is a rather noteworthy fail.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Blah necronecronecronecronecro
  • ntad
    ntad Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    *edited* cuz i misread too
  • Auldwulf - Dreamweaver
    Auldwulf - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ... Not having used the Jewelcraftsman's services at 30 is a rather noteworthy fail.

So is posting on the assumption that everyone that researches these forums already knows about certain information.

I'd say vague and incomplete information is the only fail here. Had the info been available to start with, I wouldn't have felt the need to have to prod this stuff out.

Peace...
  • orgekiller001
    orgekiller001 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    you can also buy them in cat shop in archosaur b:laugh
  • Olosuti - Dreamweaver
    Olosuti - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i buy requsted stones from Jewelcraftsman when i back to tailor nothing happend ?
    what i must do with them?
  • evilprevails
    evilprevails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    *b:laugh stumbled upon this today. For info, to get rough shards you must first go to a MERCHANT. 3 Shabby shards from the merchant (click through the tabs on his merchant goods window) is equal to a rough shard of the same type. Note that they must be the same type of shard (ex. 2 rough ruby and 1 rough aquamarine will not make one whole shard, you must have 3 whole rough ruby or 3 whole rough aquamarines xD). Then, go to a JEWELCRAFTSMAN. Once there, click through the lists and each gem on each list, until you find one that needs the shards you have to make roughs.
    Speaking of which, I've got a question too! b:shockedb:surrender
    When waiting the 10 minutes that are listed on the first page, before turning in, do you have to stay there? And do you open the window of the npc that you turn it in, or what? :/ I have problems with this, as I have waited more than 10 xD.
    Thx, bai!b:byeb b:pleased

oH, BTW, highlight my font to read it easier
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Holy fricking motherglubbing necro. b:chuckle

Closed threads shall be passed like cheap cigars now.

**le gasp** b:shocked

This is totally outrageous. b:cry
    *stumbled upon this today. For info, to get rough shards you must first go to a MERCHANT. 3 Shabby shards from the merchant ...of the npc that you turn it in, or what? :/ I have problems with this, as I have waited more than 10 xD.
    Thx, bai!b:byeb b:pleased

oH, BTW, highlight my font to read it easier

But yes you need to talk to the npc to start the quest. It will prompt you to take the shards to another npc in arch... then go back to hou henshi or tu jo... whatevs :P then wait there the 10 min and talk to her again :P it will make you a happy player. Btw posting in a thread that has not been active for that long is called a necro :P but i dont mind since this is your first post :P

Hopy **** i necroed too

Q_Q
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    When you have the 10 minutes timer you are free to go somewhere else you don.t need to wait at the npc you can quest and come back later take the reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This thread has been necro'd too many times to count D:.

~closed
This discussion has been closed.