Which Magmite?

Joandra - Heavens Tear
Joandra - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
Which is better among Cyrstalline Magmite and Volcano Magmite? Im getting confused which to have. Plz tell which one is better in the long run and why.

Also, plz let me know if there's any other more better pet for Tanking than the above ones. Any help will be appreciated.

NOTE: Plz suggest me only the pets that I can tame in-game(not Boutique pets). I'd also like to know the best air and water pets. (Plz dont tell me the names of pets specific to my lvl or lower. For example, Dont say "use ABC pet coz there's a better pet XYZ but it is available only at lvl 40". Instead say, "Tame this xxx pet when u get to lvl XX, coz its the best").

Thnx, and sorry for being a noob
Post edited by Joandra - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Crystaline has better stats and Bash level 2, whereas Volcanic comes with 3 skills all level 1 the different skill is Tough(damage reduction skill).

Growth charts and starting skills of pets can be found here(I've forgotten the other site and didn't bookmark it:(). http://pwi.moonalupe.com/bpl2.htm
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Joandra - Heavens Tear
    Joandra - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    thnx for da reply, but I still dont get it which magmite to use.

Suppose, I caught both pets at lvl 17 and lvled both of them to lvl 70, then which will be more better?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The difference between their stats is so slight that it'd be nearly impossible to distinguish between them at any level. It'd be like trying to tell the difference between driving a 170 hp car vs. a 170.3 hp car.

The fact that the crystalline comes with Bash 2 vs. the volcanic coming with Tough when you tame them will have a much bigger impact on your gameplay. Pick whichever default skillset you prefer.
  • YngWiE - Sanctuary
    YngWiE - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    go with Crystalline.
  • Foxybeast - Dreamweaver
    Foxybeast - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would also take the Crystaline.
  • dramage
    dramage Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Which is better among Cyrstalline Magmite and Volcano Magmite? Im getting confused which to have. Plz tell which one is better in the long run and why.
    i say the Volcano Magmite is better cuz the tough skill it gots reduces damage it takes making it better for when you have mobs coming at you lol
    i use the tough skill then heal the big guy while it's life is about half way and attack in between healings. but it's up to you on the type of style you want. Volcano take a beating, Crystalline deal a beating.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tough, while useful, is a 15 second skill, with a 60 second cooldown. It's basically, a "Save your **** from a very bad situation" skill. It works if your pet has to take on caster mobs, though. Golems do not like being hit with spells. I've been trying to solo my 20/20/20 for FB69, and those Caster mobs just rip through my Golem hard. I have a Crystalline. Now, Melee mobs? Got Threaten. 15 second skill, 30 second cooldown, reduces Physical Attack. Costs 750k, but it is so worth it. Or, better yet, put Threaten on your Volcanic, and call it good. Really, it's all a personal choice. The Crystalline keeps aggro better to start with, and the Volcanic tanks better to start with, but that's still just a start. It'll cost you nearly as much to upgrade them.

The only difference is to buy Tough, it's 300k, and to upgrade Bash, it's 200k. So to make them identical, the Volcanic costs 100k less. Endgame stats are so close it doesn't even matter. Crystalline is ahead in stats by a tiny bit, but moves .1 slower.
  • aazadan
    aazadan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Basically, the Volcanic has slightly lesser stats and aggro but in return has slightly higher speed and a skill that boosts tanking. If you plan to solo and not upgrade their skills you're probably better off with the volcanic. If you want to group or upgrade their skills eventually, go with the Crystaline it will cost you about 100k coin more and 4k spirit less to skill up but until you skill up your pet will have better aggro and the speed/stat differences are really a wash. It's maybe a 1% difference which will only very rarely ever matter.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    aazadan wrote: »
    Basically, the Volcanic has slightly lesser stats and aggro but in return has slightly higher speed and a skill that boosts tanking. If you plan to solo and not upgrade their skills you're probably better off with the volcanic. If you want to group or upgrade their skills eventually, go with the Crystaline it will cost you about 100k coin more and 4k spirit less to skill up but until you skill up your pet will have better aggro and the speed/stat differences are really a wash. It's maybe a 1% difference which will only very rarely ever matter.

Wrong.

There is no noticeable difference in the speed of the two golems, and outside of TWO levels out of every 10ish levels, the speeds are the same.

It isn't even a 1% difference because 10 points at level 90 is ~.1% difference in every single stat. From level 18 to level 40 the Attack ranges from 1 to 3 points difference which is what? Less than .1% at level 90?

I highly doubt there will be any noticeable difference between the two golems with respect to their being able to hold aggro unless the veno massively outlevels the golem, or the veno chain crits, or the player likes to chain cast spells one after another without stopping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nytehawke
    nytehawke Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have the volcanic version, I have yet to pull aggro off of him, only lvl 27 atm though.......... I will say that tough has saved us once or twice though.
    Still looking for a game to recapture the magic of my first MMO b:cry
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Crystaline has better stats and Bash level 2, whereas Volcanic comes with 3 skills all level 1 the different skill is Tough(damage reduction skill).

Growth charts and starting skills of pets can be found here(I've forgotten the other site and didn't bookmark it:(). http://pwi.moonalupe.com/bpl2.htm

When I look at that site I would go with Torgin puppet or brave.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    For people who like comparing numbers, the Crystaline is marginally better looking at the stats.

For all intensive purposes, they're both identical, except for the skillset.

As has been noted, the Magmite will cost you 100k less if you were to buy tough for the Cyrstalline, and upgrade Bash on the Magmite.

So, it doesn't really matter. Some random veno discarded an egg and I *found* my Volcanic Magmite, so that's why I have that particular one.