Great Ideas For New Playable Characters. Got To See This. :)

Options
dragonmind
dragonmind Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Suggestion Box
I got 2 good ideas for new playable characters.
1. A new untamed class called raptor.
This character should something like this:
http://muralize.com.au/images/RAPTOR
COLOUR-forwet.jpg
2. A new flying elf class called walking salamander.
This character should, just like the flying elf character,
be able to fly at the beginning. But when they fly they are
dragons.

Now who think that thoose ideas are GREAT? :)
Post edited by dragonmind on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It looks like dinosaur it won't fit in with the storyline.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well... A barb with reptilian features might be feasible tho it would seem out of place... An elf shapeshifting would be stepping on an area usually reserved for untamed, maybe dragon wings? I must admit not to be enthused by your suggestions...
  • dragonmind
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Here is what the storyline tells about untamed: The race of the Untamed, born of Pan Gu's body, embodied freedom and peace, and possessed a unique connection with the natural order of the world. The raptor perfectly suit the description.
  • dragonmind
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well... A barb with reptilian features might be feasible tho it would seem out of place... An elf shapeshifting would be stepping on an area usually reserved for untamed, maybe dragon wings? I must admit not to be enthused by your suggestions...
    But then the walking salamander could be an untamed too. It could be called flying untamed or something like that.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If it's called walking salamander how come it can fly from level 1?
    Shouldn't it, well, walk?
  • dragonmind
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok fine, Flying salamander.
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    jemima wrote: »
    If it's called walking salamander how come it can fly from level 1?
    Shouldn't it, well, walk?

b:chuckle you're right. @OP The reason it would seem out of place is because all barbs are predatory mammals. The raptor just seems too much of a stretch and is not an idea developers are ever likely to be interested in. As for a winged untamed that would step in an atribute clearly defined as elven. With more pressing requests from the comunity (such as allowing barbs and venos to shapeshift into an animal that corresponds to their humanoid form) it is very unlikely that the things you've suggested will ever be considered.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oh... Raptor as a class?

Ugh.... that seems kinda wrong.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • dragonmind
    edited May 2009
    Options
    That is Word Of Warcraft. I'm talking about Perfect World. And I'm not talking about the raptor as a mount, but as a playable character. Just like the untamed berserker.
  • Dunergo - Sanctuary
    Dunergo - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    dragonmind wrote: »
    That is Word Of Warcraft. I'm talking about Perfect World. And I'm not talking about the raptor as a mount, but as a playable character. Just like the untamed berserker.

So basically a barb dat can turn into a raptor when it does that beast form thing?
  • dragonmind
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So basically a barb dat can turn into a raptor when it does that beast form thing?

No, when you go to character create in the game and choose untamed you can choose between: Barbarian and Venomancer. I wont it to be added a new character here. The class of this could be called what ever the game creators want. Lets just call it class X for unknown for now. And then it would look like this: Barbarian, Venomancer and X. Got it? But just like the barbarians could look like tigers, pandas and like that, the X should look like raptors. I hope you understand.