Swine Flu

Saveless - Harshlands
Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
What's everyone's input on this outbreak? You scared? Think it won't get to you?
Post edited by Saveless - Harshlands on

Comments

• Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i hope its not gonna be like cancer...if it is...well there no hope
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Niyatu - Lost City
    Niyatu - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well I'm hoping it won't come to Sweden, although I'm sure it'll spread here soon. This all makes me think of a game called Pandemic and I wanna go to Madagascar. b:surrender

On a more serious note though..I think they're trying to come up with a vaccine now, mom said something about 6 months but I don't know. I haven't watched the news or anything.

- Niyatu/Laura.
    Sympathy is just a sign of your own weaknes.
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I read something about 6-8 months for a vaccine...sucks, but I guess it's good if they actually make it even though lots will die by then.
  • Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear
    Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    28 days later!
    only...instead of zombies...everyone'll just die b:shockedb:surrender
    4x veno - dragnbabe
    4x poleblade bm - dragnbaby
    faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Now we can all stay inside our rooms and have a perfect excuse to stay and play games 24/7 till we die of dehydration or lack of food.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Dunergo - Sanctuary
    Dunergo - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What's everyone's input on this outbreak? You scared? Think it won't get to you?

Dont worry, Ive got a plan. I know where to get ammunition, supplies, the works. I am totally ready for the zombi-I mean, Flu Pandemic.
  • stormhydra
    stormhydra Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well I'm hoping it won't come to Sweden, although I'm sure it'll spread here soon. This all makes me think of a game called Pandemic and I wanna go to Madagascar.
    That games awesome. =)

Australia is so isolated and our country is so OCD about new feral bugs and diseases coming into our borders.
    Apparently we have like 9 million vaccines for the flu, which is almost half our entire population.
    Immunisations cause cancer
    Yes, People seriously say that.
    Next thing you know people will be using swine flu instead of cancer to scare people into their beliefs.
    Dont worry, Ive got a plan. I know where to get ammunition, supplies, the works. I am totally ready for the zombi-
    Pig zombies. b:shocked Im scared.
    Steam Acc - Blugblugy || Steam Nickname - Blugyblug ||Xfire - Blugyblug || - Call of Duty 4/Modern Warfare 2/COD: Black Ops - Blugyblug ||League of Legends - Blugyblug||Forsaken World - Coalescence (mage)
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Cook with coconut oil, put it on your bread.

Enjoy coconut milk in warm cereals or other things you like to make.

Stay healthier b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • SpectrumSoli - Sanctuary
    SpectrumSoli - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Pharmaceutical industries have started one more plan to build up money, carelessly of how many will die, and maybe it will even slip from their hands. What a nice world we live in...
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    did you guys know that the only country that isn't taking precautions is the USA? all their borders are open still with. no screening or anything...
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm really mad about it because I had a planned trip to Mexico and now I can't go because of the swine flu.
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    did you guys know that the only country that isn't taking precautions is the USA? all their borders are open still with. no screening or anything...

Umm I don't know if you live in the USA or not but I do and i read in the paper this morning about the flu and they are taking precautions.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Maybe when things get really really serious. I mean after 11/9 (9/11 for you americans =P), America suddenly had all this crazy security and people got really paranoid about terrorists. (This guy who was like, 15 years old got sent to jail, because he made a counter-strike map of his school to play with his friends. They thought he was planning an attack on the school and the map was like a training thing.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm trying not to think of it too much. >_>

And people complain i don't go out much. Heh i got one more reason not to. |:
  • BraveGideon - Dreamweaver
    BraveGideon - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You know they say that swine flu can be "located" in western europe.. People also say that because of the swine flu some of the western europeans are moving to eastern europe... I'm not sure about that last one.. It's a rumour... I hope It doesnt grow into an epidemic like the bird flu....
    Server: Dreamweaver
    Character class: Blademaster
    Character name: BraveGideon
    Character info: Crazy and dangerous!
    Born in: Sofia, Bulgaria. I still live there!
  • firefang11
    firefang11 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Umm I don't know if you live in the USA or not but I do and i read in the paper this morning about the flu and they are taking precautions.

i am guess you are reading the democratic ran newspaper where nothing can go wrong?...yet the borders are still open and people that are infected are flocking to the US...on the radio the pasco WA man who died went back to mexico to get his wife a green card and allow her into the US even though they were both infected. (btw i live in Pasco WA)
  • dachs
    dachs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think it is a question how serious the flu really is. I've heard that the type of swine flu that's spreading and has been located in Europe is less dangerous than the type in Mexico (then again I wonder what happens in autumn? I think the Spanish flu was most dangerous in autumn ...), plus the not too well circumstances, although I don't want to lose myself in stereotypes, plus of course the ever-exagerating media.
    I don't want to say it is harmless or whatever, the numbers of those infected are rather high - at least I think so -, but there have been so many illnesses that haven't lost much of their danger, but simply were forgotten.
    And concerning the vaccines I heard that they are not too useful (maybe for another kind of flu?), and developing fitting medications will also take a few months; the ones that exist do not cover the entire population here in Germany, too.
    And if it really spreads and medications and vaccines have been developed, it won't be unlikely that there are mutations and immunities ... as it is with Tuberculosis - but they are bacteria, right? Not a virus.
    "Er ist ganz nah. Nun leuchte frisch,
    Er ist neugierig wie ein Fisch;" - random quote from Goethe's Faust II.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Its just a matter of time, eventually the virus will be controlled. This isnt a Resident Evil movie so dont freak out. The best thing we can do now is do our best to stay healthy and pray for the countries and people that are affected by the disease.

The genies came out to help the people of Perfect World in their times of crisis. Perhaps fairies will come from their world to aid us in this pandemicb:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well personally, I have a stupid cold right now...

Ugh... I"m still alive. That stupid cold better not be the Swine Flu or it's gonna taste my insane pwnage white blood cells baby.

Wish me luck guys!
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well personally, I have a stupid cold right now...

Ugh... I"m still alive. That stupid cold better not be the Swine Flu or it's gonna taste my insane pwnage white blood cells baby.

Wish me luck guys!

DONT TOUCH ME! b:shocked
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    DONT TOUCH ME! b:shocked

hi.... mwuahhaha

Well, I'm feeling better anyhow. So I'm offically going to be alive to torment you guys later anyhow.

*cough*
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Flesh_Ripper - Heavens Tear
    Flesh_Ripper - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!

now piggys get revenge for us eating sausages and bacon

REPENT REPENT! PIGGYS FOR PRESIDENT! OINK!
  • Ansin - Sanctuary
    Ansin - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Omg! The swine flu is ABSOLUTELY NO WORSE THAN our flu. It has adapted to attack pigs, not humans. So far, all of the deaths have been people with LOWERED IMMUNE SYSTEMS OF SOME SORT. There is no need to get so worked up about it. Ipersonally kow someone who had it, and she had no problems gtting over it at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You keep what you kill
  • mewling
    mewling Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Im immune to the flu so i dont really care lol never had the flu or the common cold.
    Im soooooooo hungry. T_T
  • CyberLegionX - Dreamweaver
    CyberLegionX - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well... not actually that worried, or I have just learned not to care about it. If I get it and die I wont be able to complain about it either. Best I just have fun
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think it's a little over-rated. I mean thousands of peope die from different flu's this is just one type that is being puplicized to much. More people die from the regular flu then swine flu, so why is it being so puplicized?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Do winged piggys have swine flu?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    People are getting worked up about the swine flu (or H1-N1 as it is now officially called) because it is not something that happens regularly. As humans, we fear anything that is not normal, and this falls under that category. But there is really nothing to be afraid of.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ...Old thread was necro'd, and this is pretty much an inappropriate subject anyway. *shoots thread*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.