Christmas Blessing

meritor
meritor Posts: 81 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
All of my friends who are level 80+ and got this from their level 80 box rave about it like its the dogs danglers, but personally I can't understand why everyone thinks its so good.

I can see the benefit from a Veno's perspective with the no more pet feeding or for classes with low % Crit but personally I play an archer who already has a large amount of % Crit so has no real need for this blessing, did archers get the short straw with this quest item? Or am I missing something?

Please can someone enlighten me XD
Post edited by meritor on

Comments

• nqeib
    nqeib Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I must say you're the first archer I see who *doesn't* want all the crit they can get! If one class got the "short straw", it's someone like clerics, who shouldn't crit because of stealing aggro. (Archers do that already, so they don't count)

If you think the blessing is useless, sell it for a lot of $$ in a month or two.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The blessing was the first "free" item that kept the pets nourished

so it was vastly sought after by venos, now with the tomes, and the RB done regularly.. its really lame

But:
    1 = you dont have the money to buy a tome (frag + pages) it will feed your pets even if you arent a veno (Riding mount anyone? )

2 = gives you 1% crit

3 = give it to an alt or sell it ( even if it doesnt cost much anymore)
    (gave mine to my cleric 40+ )
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • meritor
    edited April 2009
    nqeib wrote: »
    I must say you're the first archer I see who *doesn't* want all the crit they can get! If one class got the "short straw", it's someone like clerics, who shouldn't crit because of stealing aggro. (Archers do that already, so they don't count)

If you think the blessing is useless, sell it for a lot of $$ in a month or two.

Its not that I don't want more Crit %, but unlike most other classes we already get a lot of it, I would of rather had a large HP gain to take me out of the 2-3 hit category lol

And I was under the impression that it only sold for a few million coins?
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Use it to feed your riding mount so you don't have to carry or buy/use water all the time.

:)
    No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye
  • meritor
    edited April 2009
    The blessing was the first "free" item that kept the pets nourished

so it was vastly sought after by venos, now with the tomes, and the RB done regularly.. its really lame

But:
    1 = you dont have the money to buy a tome (frag + pages) it will feed your pets even if you arent a veno (Riding mount anyone? )

2 = gives you 1% crit

3 = give it to an alt or sell it ( even if it doesnt cost much anymore)
    (gave mine to my cleric 40+ )

I guess its something I could give a Veno alt once I get sick of grinding my archer for a change of pace,
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    meritor wrote: »
    And I was under the impression that it only sold for a few million coins?

Yes, that was true, before this supply box event started.
  • meritor
    edited April 2009
    Use it to feed your riding mount so you don't have to carry or buy/use water all the time.

:)

I must be the only person on server without one lol - fly for the win ^^

Yeah, it will be worthless now....
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    edited April 2009

As far as I read it wasn't an event... or was it?

I thought it was a new feature, meaning it'll be in game forever.

Please to be correcting me if I'm wrong. o_o

• XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As far as I read it wasn't an event... or was it?

I thought it was a new feature, meaning it'll be in game forever.

Please to be correcting me if I'm wrong. o_o

Yes, calling it an event was not the correct thing.
    I think this is permanent. I have never read anything stated by a GM that this will last 1 or 2 weeks only.
    So, xmas blessings will be worthless now. Lol, i pity the poor players that got 4-5 blessings last year to sell for millions later (that haven't sold them yet).
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    I think this is permanent. I have never read anything stated by a GM that this will last 1 or 2 weeks only.
    So, xmas blessings will be worthless now. Lol, i pity the poor players that got 4-5 blessings last year to sell for millions later (that haven't sold them yet).

That's what I was saying LOL.

People are buying them for like 1.5m and are saying they're gonna wait a few months, then re-sell them... it's like...

In a few months more Lv 80's = More xmas blessings injected into the game... xD

I should sell mine now. b:avoid

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009

How exactly are they going to be worthless (without value)? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I still believe anyone paying 1+ mil for a xmas blessing is paying way too much.... but it's their money so oh well. Unfortunately, that made everyone sell them for that much, thinking it's the actual value of it.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Since the tomes from RBO are something like 9-13mil for a level 3, 1-2 mil for a xmas blessing is pretty darn reasonable. Not having to replace tomes for my veno is pretty much priceless as I forget, AND I forget to feed pet occasionally. For my wiz, not having to worry about my mount AND getting an extra 1% for crit is pretty awesome. In another thread it was figured somewhere around an extra +26 attack bonus for overall damage (at 8x). I'll not turn my nose up at that.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    meritor wrote: »
    All of my friends who are level 80+ and got this from their level 80 box rave about it like its the dogs danglers, but personally I can't understand why everyone thinks its so good.

I can see the benefit from a Veno's perspective with the no more pet feeding or for classes with low % Crit but personally I play an archer who already has a large amount of % Crit so has no real need for this blessing, did archers get the short straw with this quest item? Or am I missing something?

Please can someone enlighten me XD

ok archer, let me tell you something: you always need more crit, no exceptions. you think we do this godly damage later in the game? NO a full dex doesnt do much more damage hit for hit than a tank barb. crits is the only thing that we have, and all that we have. sure, 1% isnt going to make a whole lot of difference, but neither does the 1% from the 20 dex you get counts for much on its own does it? why do you think people go pure dex? for that 5% crit difference that you only see at level 90? YES. why do think some 9x archers will restat their strength when they get + strength equipment? it adds up, and every bit of it counts
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Right now the prices are low cause most of the 80+ crowd were around for the xmas event where they got their blessings. Now they're all getting an extra one they're selling. In a few months all the people who turn 80 may have an extra one, but right now there are plenty of extras to go around. With the popularlity of nixes only eating hay, the xmas blessing will rise in price, but not as expensive as they were. (on Lost City they were selling for 3m+, now they're only 1-1.5m.) if you can get one under a mil buy as many as you can. If not, don't fear you'll get one when you turn 80 :P
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    In Sanct they were going for 500k and even that seems too much to me now. With a somewhat steady supply guaranteed and the fact that they can't be used as part of the recipe for making higher level tomes, Xmas blessing have now become an item almost exclusively for lowbies. Even if you wanted to just keep your mount fed or the extra crit they're not worth it for high levels as other tomes do very simply advantage them in every way. I think there are even some level 3 tomes giving +2 crit in addition to stat bonuses... I'm sorry for people who may have lost money but that is the chance you take on speculating with items like this.
  • Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    Zanixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i think its nice. 6-8 mil for an xmas blessing is pretty pricy. which on the heavens tear server (unless i am just not looking at the right people's items) i've only seen one person with a mystical tome. so those are pretty rare on heavens tear server. i still agree with a post i seen. They should have released some different kind of tome. i mean it isn't Christmas afterall lol and i think it would have been nice to keep them rare. but i am glad they brought out something to lower the prices even if it killed the rarity of them lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Zanixx - Unstable - Heavens Tear
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    Oceiot - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Yes, pity me, the idiot that could have saved 3.2 mil b:cry
    It's a bunny :O
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Since the tomes from RBO are something like 9-13mil for a level 3, 1-2 mil for a xmas blessing is pretty darn reasonable.

If I made a level 3 tome, I would need nine level 1 tomes. So level 1 tomes would be worth a million or maybe a million and a half based on your level 3 price. And tomes can be combined into stronger tomes where christmas blessings can not be, which increases their scarcity and value but does nothing for blessing scarcity.

However... if you want an unconditional +1% critical hit chance from a tome, I think you would need a level 4 tome (The Rose's Thorn) or better. But you can find lots of christmas blessings, and I doubt you will find many rose's thorns, and christmas blessing does not give you anything except your +1% criticals chance.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If I made a level 3 tome, I would need nine level 1 tomes. So level 1 tomes would be worth a million or maybe a million and a half based on your level 3 price. And tomes can be combined into stronger tomes where christmas blessings can not be, which increases their scarcity and value but does nothing for blessing scarcity.

However... if you want an unconditional +1% critical hit chance from a tome, I think you would need a level 4 tome (The Rose's Thorn) or better. But you can find lots of christmas blessings, and I doubt you will find many rose's thorns, and christmas blessing does not give you anything except your +1% criticals chance.

Erm, I appreciate the input...but am really not clear on what your point is. The lev 1 tome would pay for the food bit no matter what. So 1 mil for never having to buy food.
    The crit is just an awfully nice bump to go with it.
    The scarcity of xmas blessings....they never were really scarce. Everyone and thier cousin got one from the xmas event.
    I'd expect that there are a whole lot more new players coming in than people getting lev 80 so its a pretty much controlled issue. I didn't reinject my 3rd xmas charm back into the community, its on my 3rd alt lev 24 veno. I'd expect that alot of people will do the same.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    on the heavens tear server (unless i am just not looking at the right people's items) i've only seen one person with a mystical tome. so those are pretty rare on heavens tear server.
    b:victory

I don't understand why no one does Rebirth quests on this server, but oh well.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Erm, I appreciate the input...but am really not clear on what your point is.

I am not really sure if I had thought of a point, but I do not think we should be pricing christmas blessings based on level 3 tome prices.
  • Dotsy - Sanctuary
    Dotsy - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    ok archer, let me tell you something: you always need more crit, no exceptions. you think we do this godly damage later in the game? NO a full dex doesnt do much more damage hit for hit than a tank barb. crits is the only thing that we have, and all that we have. sure, 1% isnt going to make a whole lot of difference, but neither does the 1% from the 20 dex you get counts for much on its own does it? why do you think people go pure dex? for that 5% crit difference that you only see at level 90? YES. why do think some 9x archers will restat their strength when they get + strength equipment? it adds up, and every bit of it counts

Bad day at the office hun?

Seriously though an extra % Crit is an extra chance to do higher damage so i cant see any class except Cleric not needing it, better then no Tome yeah?
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Bad day at the office hun?

Seriously though an extra % Crit is an extra chance to do higher damage so i cant see any class except Cleric not needing it, better then no Tome yeah?

OP wanted to know if the xmas blessing is worthless on archer, i was telling him no lol