Anyone not like this zoom feature?

Devoted - Lost City
Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Feels like I'm walking down archo from the viewpoint of a level 1 barb in city of lost. Sure I can move it to the point I want but my game likes to randomly default to max zoom so I'm pretty much stuck with it.
Post edited by Devoted - Lost City on

Comments

• Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't like it (my char look so punyb:chuckle)...but I just reset it whenever I get online. Don't like it...but don't really bother me much...it's nice to have that option because many others prefer to zoom all the way out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I like to zoom out all the way. I just zoom back in when I don't need the larger view anymore.
  • Magenta - Dreamweaver
    Magenta - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    its nice but I want to be able to fix it and not have to change it everytime I log in

so it remembers where i last had it when I log out
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It took some getting used to, but it's okay. At least my magmite doesn't take up half of the screen anymore x]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yeah venos with big pets should love this zoom!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Qwin - Sanctuary
    Qwin - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I positively love it I can actually see all the people around me and hit the esc botton in time to stop myself from kill stealing.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    now i can have turtle pet not take up half the screen and actually see what i'm swimming into
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    AoE'ing large mobs isn't as annoying anymore. Zoom out for the win!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Its ok. But when your moving it does give you even more the illusion of traveling slower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Insanefluffy - Lost City
    Insanefluffy - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hey i found the new zoom just a little annoying...its starts out with holy **** i am so small then taking the time to zoom in..lol i am just looking for an excuse to be lazy. 8P but in all reality i don't really mind it it lets me see if i am running into a hell hole or not and it gives a good comparison to how large some of the creatures are.
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I love the zoom feature. No complaints. I can really admire the game for what it is, an RPG. Now we can come out of Guild Wars and feel right at home. b:victory
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    +1

I LOVE the new zoom feature. This will be nice in HH.
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think it's one of those things that takes some time to get used to. At first I really liked it, then it started messing me up. I know I'll go back to liking it once I become more accustomed to it. :D
    Somehow, I think it'll still be hard for me to click on stuff in fbs, though...
  • Lyute - Lost City
    Lyute - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Venos with big pets do love this zoom b:laugh
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm glad that the zoom feature has been added, now no mobs can sneek up on us unexpectedly!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Akah - Harshlands
    Akah - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm not a big fan of having to reset the position every time i login, but everything else with it seems fine (although it does jump a little when walking through the doorways in Arch),

A,
  • gralth
    gralth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This zoom is great!

No while tanking I can see a bit more than tiger's **** and one-fifth of the boss...

For example, whole boss and maybe even what's the party behind my back doing...

And also, flashy hits on boss don't fill whole screen anymore... My eyes can be saved!
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If your mouse has a scroll wheel on it, then I don't see the need for a complaint. It takes nothing to zoom in using the wheel. Maybe some people just need more patience. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eriyos
    eriyos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i dont have problem with in, it help me to have better ground control and lkf who s trying to pk me from behinde
  • Tailpuff - Heavens Tear
    Tailpuff - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    what we need is a better way to select someone without always relying in a mouse, the zoom makes it harder to select but overall i like it.
  • Norina - Dreamweaver
    Norina - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I love it. I like being able to see what's going on, especially in a larger fight or around larger mobs.

I also agree about the sensation of moving slower. That took a little bit to get used to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ((AFK from game. bbiab.))
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I positively love it I can actually see all the people around me and hit the esc botton in time to stop myself from kill stealing.

Hurray.. so its true, not everyone is trying to be an **** to me?
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Xhinzo - Harshlands
    Xhinzo - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I love it. Wonderful feature.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I can tank and watch over the squishies at the same time. Stray mob heading towards my Cleric? No prob, I can see everything now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    Thelegion - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I can tank and watch over the squishies at the same time. Stray mob heading towards my Cleric? No prob, I can see everything now.

That is true... i can see all around in Pking and more ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't like it, wish there was an option that would let you keep your current zoom when ever you log on.
  • Mistigris - Heavens Tear
    Mistigris - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't care either way about the feature, but I deeply dislike the way it defaults to zoomed all the way out every time I log in. If they made it so the zoom stayed where I'd had it set when I logged out I'd be happier with it. I understand that this would make a hell of a lot more work for the devs though and is unlikely to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    images by ForsakenX
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    its nice but I want to be able to fix it and not have to change it everytime I log in

so it remembers where i last had it when I log out

I believe it did that before as well so thats nothing new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver
    Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I like the zoom in and out ... when I am just flying around trying to find herbs and ores I zoom out so I can see further , but while I am in combat or I zoom in to check out the action.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It's alright. Hard to get adjusted to. When I was in HH, I kept seeing the wall instead of my character cause of the large zoom out, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]