Laptop w/o wheel mouse cannot adjust zoom

Benaniah - Sanctuary
Benaniah - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
My friends told me to hit +/- to zoom in or out to no avail. I only have a laptop mouse (onboard), so no wheel to work with. How do I adjust the new zoom? (which, btw, is really cool)
Post edited by Benaniah - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My friends told me to hit +/- to zoom in or out to no avail. I only have a laptop mouse (onboard), so no wheel to work with. How do I adjust the new zoom? (which, btw, is really cool)

Ive heard the number keys work if you have one that uses letters + a function button to represent the keypad.

Also if you have a touchpad with the little bar on the side for scrolling pages, it zooms too
  • Shadowdragon - Harshlands
    Shadowdragon - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Also, even if it doesn't show the scroll bar you can also try dragging your finger down the right? I think. The right side of the touch pad going up or down, acts as a scroll key. I've used it to zoom in and out before.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you have an Fn key to swap the usage keys, the number lock - and + keys can adjust the zoom.

On a normal keyboard, those keys can change zoom if your don't have a scroll wheel.

You can also use Windows on-screen keyboard.

On XP Start > Accessories > Accessibility > On-screen keyboard

and change settings that way too.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Darkspeed - Sanctuary
    Darkspeed - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Also, even if it doesn't show the scroll bar you can also try dragging your finger down the right? I think. The right side of the touch pad going up or down, acts as a scroll key. I've used it to zoom in and out before.

I agree with the above!b:victory
    Access your touchpad software to switch on the scroll bar option.
    If the icon isn't displayed in the quick bar, by the clock, check in the control panel!
    Other than that the best way around it, is to just buy a small wheel mouse & use that.
  • primedesercrator
    primedesercrator Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Press K to bring up hot keys menu and you can check what zoom is or set to something else.b:victory
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    First post and you necro a thread. Nice.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.