Whiteleo - Lost City
Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Wizard
how do u think of these skill?
as for me , i think all these skill are useless at all

Crown of Flame(nothing happen?)
Dragon's Breath(suicide?)
EmberStorm(suicide?)
Frostblade(nothing happen, but beautiful)
Hailstrom(never freeze?)
PitFall (?)
Wellspring Quaff (when i use this skill, i need to use MP pot or meditation to recover)

thank
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Whiteleo - Lost City on

Comments

• Axisboldone - Heavens Tear
    Axisboldone - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I use Wellspring Quaff. It is a god send saves me thousands and thousands in coin daily in mp pot. It's the difference between 8 and 14 kills before meditating for me and mine is only lvl 5. Dragons breath I have lvled to 5 in case I ever have enough coin to start zhening. I'll give out a frost blade if it's asked for but I only have one point in it. Other than those I use non of the above EVER.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Crown of Flame(nothing happen?)
    Use 1 lvl as finisher skill when mob is nearly dead. Fast and costs almost no mana.
    Dragon's Breath(suicide?)
    AoE training skill, also useful for killing cata pullers when they are hidding in catapults.
    EmberStorm(suicide?)
    Hmm... At least demon version of this skill can be used as good stun.
    Frostblade(nothing happen, but beautiful)
    It's for buffing archers, bms and barbs so they can do some elemental damage.
    Hailstrom(never freeze?)
    Demon version again. 50% aoe freeze is very useful in mass pvp.
    PitFall (?)
    Finisher just like crown of flames; i find no other uses to this skill.
    Wellspring Quaff (when i use this skill, i need to use MP pot or meditation to recover)
    Sage version gives you +100% matk.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    thank for explain
    actually i know well how these skill does.
    but i feel that all these skill waste my SP and money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wellspring Quaff is an amazing skill when you get to 7x, because the double spark that you get gives you back 10% of your mp, so you use that in tandem with you Wellspring Quaff an water shield and some cleric buffs and you have a pottless and heiroless grind right there (maybe a min of meditation very 10 mins).

Dragons breath is another amazing skill. This skill is needed for something called zhen. Its basically a super charged grind.

Frostblade is nice to have i guess lol, I like to joke with clerics saying ill buff them if they buff me, but I don't know how much of a difference it makes but most melee ask for it when we grind.

The rest I have no answer for/ have yet to find a use for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wellspring Quaff is an amazing skill when you get to 7x, because the double spark that you get gives you back 10% of your mp, so you use that in tandem with you Wellspring Quaff an water shield and some cleric buffs and you have a pottless and heiroless grind right there (maybe a min of meditation very 10 mins).

Dragons breath is another amazing skill. This skill is needed for something called zhen. Its basically a super charged grind.

The rest I have no answer for/ have yet to find a use for.

oh thz for explain
    i feel a little useful for these skill b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    and frostblade give you glowing hand !!!!
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Let's start from the end.

Wellspring Quaff
    is great. It increases Your mana capacity. Yes You have to fill that additional capacity but it's great to have it.

Hailstorm: Hm what can I say. Very disappointing especially in comparison with cleric's and veno's AoEs. Weak and with useless side effect. Not completely useless as it can still do some nice total damage if your base M attack is high and You happen to catch into AoE 3 or more mobs, that are already attacking your tank. But if you think for a while and realise that we so called DD's got something like that, while clerics and venos got what they got, It's hard not to treat it simply as an insult to players playing wizards.

Frostblade: somehow works. the description is totally screwed up but it works. It increases the damage of normal melee attacks and archer's normal attacks.

Emberstorm: If I was a dev and did something like that, even while drunk, I would commit suicide. The shame would be unbearable. I can't imagine what they were thinking. If it at least knocked all mobs around far far away or did some insane damage guaranteeing finishing them off, then maybe... In demon version this skill gains additional effect of stunning enemies in 50% of cases so people use it but they don't charge it.

Dragon's Breath
    : Grr. The name considering how it works is idiotic but that's the smallest of the problems. Archers have it right. They have a skill that let's them do constant damage on some area but they can direct it at any spot within their range (which by the way is grater than wizard's range). Wizard's who should wear robes and be the most vulnerable class, but be able to kill from the distance, get something like that. I don't know if it was to hard to come up with something sensible, like setting fire to some chosen spot, or if they didn't have a second to actually think. Well it is as it is. If You put on LA and get a cleric to protect You with his regeneration aura You may be able to use this skill. I think people call it zhenning.

PitFall and Crown of Flame: Again very disappointing (do you see some pattern here?) but usable. In my opinion they should stack but they don't of course. Pretty useless for killing regular mobs and for PvP, but they have an advantage. They channel and cast fast, really fast and the total damage is better than pyro and gush. If You fight with the boss and Your base M attack is high, as is the case at higher levels, if you are pure mag, those are the skills that maximize your DPS. And since instant damage is only your base M attack the chance to pull aggro is lower.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Use 1 lvl as finisher skill when mob is nearly dead. Fast and costs almost no mana.

AoE training skill, also useful for killing cata pullers when they are hidding in catapults.

Hmm... At least demon version of this skill can be used as good stun.

It's for buffing archers, bms and barbs so they can do some elemental damage.

Demon version again. 50% aoe freeze is very useful in mass pvp.

Finisher just like crown of flames; i find no other uses to this skill.

Sage version gives you +100% matk.

+1
    Also on Quaff, once you hit 59 you get a Two fury spark which recovers 10% MP when used, so when used with quaff on you gain even more mp back, which can be used to save on hiero/pots. I leveled mine to 8 because it's very good for grinding and in the long run will save you money.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Dragon's Breath[/B]: Grr. The name considering how it works is idiotic but that's the smallest of the problems. Archers have it right. They have a skill that let's them do constant damage on some area but they can direct it at any spot within their range (which by the way is grater than wizard's range). Wizard's who should wear robes and be the most vulnerable class, but be able to kill from the distance, get something like that. I don't know if it was to hard to come up with something sensible, like setting fire to some chosen spot, or if they didn't have a second to actually think. Well it is as it is. If You put on LA and get a cleric to protect You with his regeneration aura You may be able to use this skill. I think people call it zhenning.

Zhenning is awesome as long as you got the money, but really you don't NEED to be LA, its just very useful, especially if you are the highest DD in the party so you take alot of the aggro. However call me crazy but I don't only use this skill to zhen, I use it while doing some quests as well.

For example say there are 2-3 enemies clumped together that I need for a quest, why not run in and DB them? They go down fairly easily and I use less mana than I would if I killed them individually. Of course LA helps with this, but again with good gear a pure wiz could do it too.

As for Wellspring Quaff, I never use it, waste of a perfectly good spark imo. Of course I always have an mp charm on and I burn that alot of the time so meh...

As for the other skills everyone else covered them pretty well.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    how do u think of these skill?
    as for me , i think all these skill are useless at all

Crown of Flame ~ I actually like this one, it's a great move for finishing off mobs when they're at the last few hp and are getting within range to hit ya.

Dragon's Breath(suicide?) ~ eh... turns out Wizzies aren't a solo AOE class b:chuckle I've had fun with this one though in FB19s where I can warp right next to targets and activate this for a few quick kills.

EmberStorm(suicide?) ~ I'm not high enough level to really make mine effective, but this seems like a PvP move and that's it. In TW a high level wiz can 1hit a group of BMs & barbs that decide to get close. With a charm you really won't be risking much by using it either.

Frostblade(nothing happen, but beautiful) ~ I think it's downright hillarious our only buff is absolutely useless to us. Makes lowbies happy when you make their hands blue though b:thanks

Hailstrom(never freeze?) ~ I like this one too... might be just me, but it works often enough. I use it in FBs mostly, although in TW it could be deadly... wouldn't mind seeing the successful stun ratio increased though

PitFall (?) ~ just like Crown of Flames... but for water mobs I guess... stacking the two DOTs makes me feel like I'm doing something when fighting bosses.

Wellspring Quaff (when i use this skill, i need to use MP pot or meditation to recover) ~ If you use MP charms then this skill is useless. If you're a cheapskate like me then this is a great skill. I use regen pots from the apoth. and this maxes out my MP to 5.6k. I can solo for about 10 minutes straight before having to sit down for a minutes.

oh look, servers are almost back up b:bye
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    However call me crazy but I don't only use this skill to zhen, I use it while doing some quests as well.

Oh sure. People come up with lot's of clever ways to use and abuse skills. I've seen people using DB with sutra for it's instantaneous cast for example. If You are in LA however, using DB is quite natural.

For example say there are 2-3 enemies clumped together that I need for a quest, why not run in and DB them? They go down fairly easily and I use less mana than I would if I killed them individually. Of course LA helps with this, but again with good gear a pure wiz could do it too.

Put on robes and try. We should be able to do it from a distance just like archers are.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Oh sure. People come up with lot's of clever ways to use and abuse skills. I've seen people using DB with sutra for it's instantaneous cast for example. If You are in LA however, using DB is quite natural.

Put on robes and try. We should be able to do it from a distance just like archers are.

If we could maintain this at a distance, the mobs would still leave the AOE to come to get us. The same way they go off chasing the archer in the party. Still wouldn't be very useful without a party. DB is at least 1/4 the reason why I picked LA, to take the most advantage of it. Lev 89 demon skill allows you to gain some health back, maybe to balance this some?

Generally in TT\FB whatever, if the squad gets 2+ mobs together I'll pop DB while they hold aggro. Since LA with 67-68% dmg reduction if I steal aggro the cleric still has plenty of time to hit me with healing.

I'd not want to put on a robe and try it though.