[Help] Need advice on picking pet.

DeviLust - Harshlands
DeviLust - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
Alright, I'm starting a new WF.
and because of who i am, i always want to know stuff before i went for it.
and what keeps bothering me is that, idk what pet to pick from the below 4.
I'm a 3Int and 2Con WF btw.

Here's the 2/4 pet that i'm going to pick from.
1. Scorpion
2. Baby bear ( the Lv20 one )
3. Golem
4. Kowlin

Solowise, Partywise, PVPwise, and everything els.
What 2 out of the 4 pet i should pick and why.

:D Thanks~
~bAO
Post edited by DeviLust - Harshlands on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The rock and the shaodu cub. Most balanced and most useful of the 4.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Exorcist - Harshlands
    Exorcist - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You also may want to get a flying pet for later levels so that you can level faster.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Land Pet - Golem or Herc
    Flying/PvP Pet - Sawfly or 'Nix
    Water Pet - anything really, as long as its yer lvl
    Pull pet - Kowlin/any wolf type pets
    Back.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Scorpion is way better pvp pet if you plan on going to SP, sawfly for outside PK, golem for leveling in general.
  • DeviLust - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Thanks you for your sugestion.
    I did have plan for flying pet and swiming pet.
    as for nix and herc, i do not wish to spend much real money on them, so they are out of the question, it is the 4 pet above that i'm considering about, and make me headache.

and Thanks again, for all thoes who help~
    b:bye
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Seriously, check out the MechCrab (lvl40 pet) when you get there. It's almost replaced my golem. I love it. It's tough, hits well, is reasonably fast, and, for some reason, seems to have a longer targeting range... Can anyone confirm this last bit?

As for the pets you listed: Golem all the way. I hear Kowlin is good for pulling, and Cubby is good all around, though.
  • RanSama - Sanctuary
    RanSama - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Seriously, check out the MechCrab (lvl40 pet) when you get there. It's almost replaced my golem. I love it. It's tough, hits well, is reasonably fast, and, for some reason, seems to have a longer targeting range... Can anyone confirm this last bit?

As for the pets you listed: Golem all the way. I hear Kowlin is good for pulling, and Cubby is good all around, though.

Personally, I use a Lunar Lupin all the time now. It just recently hit 60, so I put Bash4 on it, and it's honestly one of the best pets I've ever used. It's fast so it can pull, it hits decently hard, and has Howl5 on it so it can help against bosses without pulling aggro.
    edited April 2009
    Personally, I use a Lunar Lupin all the time now. It just recently hit 60, so I put Bash4 on it, and it's honestly one of the best pets I've ever used. It's fast so it can pull, it hits decently hard, and has Howl5 on it so it can help against bosses without pulling aggro.
    Lunar Lupin is a great support pet for those long boss battles when a barb is tanking. Not reccomended by me as a main PVE pet (golem owns everything there :P), though it would be wise to level one up for supporting in TT.
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Golem and bear for sure. (golem for tank bear for pk and pull and semi tank)
    Rock them both for they will give you lots of love.
    I would also suggest training a sawfly, second best bleed to nix for pk <3
    Happy gaming.
    b:victory
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Mabe this would be of some help. http://pwi.moonalupe.com/bpl2.htm

b:bye
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    see my reply too here : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=266422 it may help u with some good info b:victory.Good luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You lvl 12?
    Remember, cant use kowlin until lvl 60 so you'll have time to consider if u wanna get it or not.
    *Semi retired*
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would advice against both the Mag and the Shadou Cub, not much point in having two tanks, especially at lower levels. Best combo would be Magmite and Sawfly, while Scorp is always a good option your being on a PvP server doesn't leave you much choice.
  • DeviLust - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Hehe, yeah i'm only 13, and can think about it over time, and i'm on harshland pvp server.
    I though about scorpion, but i hate the idea of leveling up multi pet at same time, my guess is 2 land and a bee, is enough for me to level already...
    So, almong the 2 land pet, they must able to do mostly everything, from boss, to levling, to pvp.
    The scorpion had basickly the high damage, and high damage only, thou this migh be very good for pvp, will golem fill the boss, leveling part?
    Lets just say golem can, but sometime when you chat, or listening to music or watching tv while killing boss (lol), golem might die... the scorpion alone cannot help me tank it, and lead to my death.
    I also though about 2 tank, and shaudo can also be good at pvp due to its little stun, but you know.....you cant count on that 3 sec of stun and his tiny damage.
    Maby i'm asking too much of my pets, What if i level up 3 and not 2,...
    Lol...this is crazy, i might as well as get them all and explode my brain trying to grind them up.

Sorry for my bad english.
    And thanks again for yours help.
    b:surrender
    edited April 2009
    in your 60's golem can tank quest bosses like khewy, but not much higher. youll need a quite a bit higher of levels to help people with bosses like quill hog, and can never do bosses like kong