Diff Chars?

DragonBain - Lost City
DragonBain - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
i was thinking of making a second char (i have a BM) what should i make it?
what r the pros and cons of these types of chars?
(i didnt look it up cause i could think of what it would go under sorry)
o and whats up with this genie thing going on? thigh i might look that 1 up. b:laugh
The Seventh Endogata...
*Singh is King*
Post edited by DragonBain - Lost City on

Comments

• HuntresPrime - Lost City
    HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Make a nuke cleric. EVERY BODY loves them in pts because of their high attack and almost no healing ability xD b:laugh b:chuckle
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You should be aware that in order for an alt to be useful, you'll need to dedicate quite a bit of time to leveling, which means you may very well have to put somewhat on hold advancing your main. Alts do have the advantage of providing you with some more ingame variety however. Popular choices are barbs and clerics as they're frequently requested in parties. Venos are also a common choice, as alts used to make money with wich to fund your main. I should note this last strategy to be much more time consuming than most people realize.

As for the genies thing you shouldn't have a problem finding a thread on that.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I agree, stick to one character. I regret making several characters as i started the game in october last year and am only level 74 when someone who stuck to their first character at the same time is now 90+
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i have several alts, two that i play, and the others that i use for storage. my main is a lv66 veno, and sometimes i get kind of discouraged and depressed with doing the same thing over and over in grinding, with no quests. so i switch over to my lower level cleric and archer, for a change of pace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Try making an alt Barb or support Cleric. Don't grind them, just log in every day and feed them Crazy Stone and Friendship Quests. Don't even do quests. Use your main to fund CS. They'll grow up eventually. Once they reach lvl 60, get equip for them, assign skills, so they can be used in party activities.

Clerics are either slow and cheap or fast and expensive to lvl by grinding. Barbs are slow to grind no matter how well you fund it. Skip the early grinding lvls, and get to the juicy part after lvl 60 or so.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    but to do the CS and Friendship quests, you would have to first run them up to a level to be able to do those quests...and that takes some time in itself. and could you please tell me how to fast level a cleric?

Try making an alt Barb or support Cleric. Don't grind them, just log in every day and feed them Crazy Stone and Friendship Quests. Don't even do quests. Use your main to fund CS. They'll grow up eventually. Once they reach lvl 60, get equip for them, assign skills, so they can be used in party activities.

Clerics are either slow and cheap or fast and expensive to lvl by grinding. Barbs are slow to grind no matter how well you fund it. Skip the early grinding lvls, and get to the juicy part after lvl 60 or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    but to do the CS and Friendship quests, you would have to first run them up to a level to be able to do those quests...and that takes some time in itself. and could you please tell me how to fast level a cleric?

Eat up mana pots instead of meditating, use plume shell as needed to avoid death, and start with pure int build. Clerics do high damage. It's not hard to level if mana recovery isn't an issue.

In any case, 1-30 is easy.b:victory
    edited April 2009
    i still say nuke cleric xD b:laugh
  • Matt_ - Sanctuary
    Matt_ - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ...and start with pure int build.
    int? i dont remember that in the character menu b:question
    sounds like a crappy game i used to play
    Sanctuary's worst and poorest bm! b:victoryb:surrenderb:cry
    edited April 2009
    int? i dont remember that in the character menu b:question
    sounds like a crappy game i used to play
    *cough *Maplestory**cough cough*
  • DragonBain - Lost City
    DragonBain - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ty 4 the info but i was kinda looking 4 pros and cons of all clases not an argument of cler
    but b4 i make an alt i'm gonna get my bm to 5xs or 6xs
    The Seventh Endogata...
    *Singh is King*
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The reason for lower lvl cap to make up other char and I agree with Sufer Rosa.I wouldn't play it past 30.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.