hmm a question.

GoldenAura - Heavens Tear
GoldenAura - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
well, that question may look stupid but i thought of it for some time.
so, why can you make only Female Venomancers and Male Barbarians?
i want to make a veno but i want it to be male...
Post edited by GoldenAura - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    That's just the way it is. The untamed classes are gender specific.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well, that question may look stupid but i thought of it for some time.
    so, why can you make only Female Venomancers and Male Barbarians?
    i want to make a veno but i want it to be male...

Because ZephyrX will never ever.. hit on Female Barbarians
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • GoldenAura - Heavens Tear
    GoldenAura - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    so if i want a veno i must make a female one??... thats kinnda weird..
  • Flieyah - Dreamweaver
    Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    see below...messed up my link
    "What we do is what you just can't do."
    b:cool
  • Flieyah - Dreamweaver
    Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Because venmancers are based on Huli Jing of Chinese Mythology which were always female.

Barbarians are a bit harder to justify with mythology but Weretigers and Werewolf were usually male.
    "What we do is what you just can't do."
    b:cool
  • Dragoniaseh - Heavens Tear
    Dragoniaseh - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ok ok..now for the billion dollar question I've been hearing again and again and again... y not have male venos?

well dear boyz that stand before ur screens out there;
    if u read the 'storyline' behind the game, u'll see that venos are a class that emerged from the foxes and other animals that used seduction and poison against their enemies (snakes included)..that's y they're always so tantalising with their movements and posture...maybe clothes too...

imagine this now: a male veno trying to seduce and tame a mob... >x< that's like sooooo sick!

conclusion: guys, plz do go for the male barbarians and let the sweet venos in peace
    is that a promotion of stereotypes? well... HELL YEAH!! it's just seems impossible to me to see male venos and female barbs... *sigh*

xD
  • Arieannah - Heavens Tear
    Arieannah - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    O_o...for some reason i can totally picture a male with cute veno tails and ears...like on 4 year olds...(cuz my cousin was dressed as Tiger, my GOD he was ADORIBLE!!XD)...or those guys that look like girls (there was this guy on my buss once he was skinny and had a femenine face...it took me TWO months to figure out he was a guy XD) but not the really buff ones O_o...no offence...but...scary...

as for female barbarians i can totally picture easily, it would just be slightly thiner and kinder looking (like mother wolves)

yeah, it is kinda unfair but it was just based off of chinese myths.
  • Arieannah - Heavens Tear
    Arieannah - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ok ok..now for the billion dollar question I've been hearing again and again and again... y not have male venos?

well dear boyz that stand before ur screens out there;
    if u read the 'storyline' behind the game, u'll see that venos are a class that emerged from the foxes and other animals that used seduction and poison against their enemies (snakes included)..that's y they're always so tantalising with their movements and posture...maybe clothes too...

imagine this now: a male veno trying to seduce and tame a mob... >x< that's like sooooo sick!

conclusion: guys, plz do go for the male barbarians and let the sweet venos in peace
    is that a promotion of stereotypes? well... HELL YEAH!! it's just seems impossible to me to see male venos and female barbs... *sigh*

xD

...weird...im imagining that....and i...CAN'T....STOP....LAUGHING!!!!XD seriously im in tears XD
    i don't know about the rest of you all but i would pay MONEY to see something as hilarious as that!!XD
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What's scary is that when I first started playing PW (waaaay back towards the beginning of MY-EN), wizards and clerics could only be female characters, and blademasters and archers could only be male. :)
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    its because they wanted to make an easy class all cutsey and female gender friendly to get more females to play and to discourage too many people from playing it they made it female only