Decreasing mana while flying

Balastar - Sanctuary
Balastar - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Is there a way to decrease/remove how much mana is consume when I'm flying as an archer. My GF is a priest, and she does not consume mana during flight. I'm going to assume that it's the magic attribute points that allow her to do this. Would it be wise to add in magic so that I do not consume large amounts of MP (Of course, I do all the flying between us, lol)
Post edited by Balastar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• cathbar
    cathbar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Archers and Clerics have a different rate of MP gain from each other (1 class being a magic class while the other is a melee class). On my Archer I improved the Magic stat until I didn't lose any MP while in flight. Keep in mind, however, that only the wings you start off with (Natural elven wings) will drain your MP, so others have bought themselves different wings to fix the MP drain problem.

Hope that helps some.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I've played the same scenario. Myself as a cleric and my husband as an archer and he strongly advises not putting any points into mana because as an archer you really don't need it. He's told me the best way to do it is just to deal with it until you get your level 30 wings.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The answer to your problem is to have your hot girlfriend cast Celestial Guardian's Seal on you.

It will increase both your HP/MP Regen. Level 2 will make you be able to fly out of combat for unlimited. Level 8 will make you be able to fly in-combat for unlimited.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There is no way to decrease the amount of mana as that is a game mechanic.You could always use pots or potions.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The answer to your problem is to have your hot girlfriend cast Celestial Guardian's Seal on you.

It will increase both your HP/MP Regen. Level 2 will make you be able to fly out of combat for unlimited. Level 8 will make you be able to fly in-combat for unlimited.

The problem with that solution is that you don't even learn level 1 of that spell until level 23. By the time it's high enough level to make a difference you'll have your eagle wings and it's pretty much obsolete (provided Balastar and his girl friend are leveling together).
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Use mana pots until level 30 when you get your new wings. I'd suggest saving up for faster wings as well, 'cause the level 30 ones are slow.

Don't put points into magic as you need dex/str as an archer. If you put points into magic, you may have to restat later....
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My bf and I have the same set-up (me as a cleric, he as an archer) and we were tryng to figure it out when we first started playing. Eventually, he had to restat, because he had 20+ mag and it did almost nothing to the drain on mana for archers. Stats obviously have different effects on different classes, and that's game design - there's nothing we can do about it.

Unfortunately, you have to suck it up and deal until you get to 30, just spend the money on mana pots. Once she hits 23, and gets Celestial Guardian's Seal, you won't have to worry as much.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Rhokia - Harshlands
    Rhokia - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    after i got flight mastery i dont use mana while flying any more. i dont know if that was suposed to happen but it did
    If at first you dont succeed; redefine success.
  • Flieyah - Dreamweaver
    Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'd say the best way to deal with the mana while flying issue is to wait till you get to lvl 30. By then you will get your eagle wings and never look back.

Don't spend your SPs on flying mastery. It's a waste, since it only affects your n00b wings and there is no real reason to use them after level 30...unless you insist on having white wings.
    "What we do is what you just can't do."
    b:cool
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'd say the best way to deal with the mana while flying issue is to wait till you get to lvl 30. By then you will get your eagle wings and never look back.

Don't spend your SPs on flying mastery. It's a waste, since it only affects your n00b wings and there is no real reason to use them after level 30...unless you insist on having white wings.

flying at 7.0 vs 5.5 is no reason?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Spending sp helps get you there faster at lvl5 1.m/s and at lvl10 2.m/s as it may take sometime till you reach 30 and you may not like the eagle wings.It is not a waste and they aren't noob wings.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Rhokia - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Why does every one have to hate on the "noob wings" i think they work great, and i dont lose mana while i fly and im an archer who has the normal elf wings.
  • Rhokia - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    and i post that with out reading the people saying there not noob wings right above me...
  • vesperi
    vesperi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Only way around it for a Archer is to make the Magic attribute 20. That will give a Archer the extra +1 regen to counteract the -2 mp degen of the natural wings. Unless you plan on getting CS wings its not a bad investment since with Flight Mastery skill you will be able to fly faster than the Eagle Wings you get at 30. Another way around it is to get a piece of armor that gives a + (X) to mana regen. Can't remember the name of the Light Armor mold that gives you + mana regen but if your not looking for a mold there are random pieces you can always find with a + mana regen.

Just my 2 cents....