high lvl hunt low lvl in PvP

menyme
menyme Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Suggestion Box
I have just level 30 were Pvp starts and I have been attacked by many high level players. On Friday 24-Apr-09 in less than 3 hours I was attacked over 6 times and I had to run from many more. 5 out of 6 had levels over 47. One hit can kill a player with 1100HP. To help slowdown this enormous disadvantage I feel it would help if a player could buy an item like GARDEUN ANGLE. You could call it AVENGENING ANGLE with it in your inventory the high level attacker would lose levels. 1 level for every 5 levels there over. Say the attacker is level 51 and the victim is level 30. The AVENGENING ANGLE would take 4 levels from the attacker. Or attacker is level 36 and the victim is level 31. The AVENGENING ANGLE would take no levels from the attacker. You could also sell a LEVEL ANGLE, with it in your inventory if you attacked a low level player it would it would reduce your loss by 1.
Please help me with this I enjoyed the game till now
Post edited by menyme on

Comments

• Buffer - Dreamweaver
    Buffer - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As I said in the "harsh penalties" topic, I think if you start adding too many restrictions on PK for a PvP server, it will ruin the point of even having the separate PvE servers.

If you enjoyed the game up until the point where you had to deal with PK, it sounds like you should be on the PvE servers anyways.

On teh Editz: Actually, let me say this. I think its a horrible idea if you are talking about a permanent loss in levels. Do you realize how long and how much work it takes to level at higher levels? If I attacked someone and lost 4 levels, I would quit PW for good.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I really like your idea for the items that would take levels from players when they pk low people too low leveled from them. And I really like how you tried to make it fair by throwing in an item for the attackers that cuts their losses, but doesn't fully negate it. I've not personally played a PvP server, but that's because I've heard from so many people how terrible it is for the players once they reach level 30. I would like to try it sometime but not if the situation there stays as is. The only problem I can forsee with the items you've thought up is how the skill points would work. The system would have to be worked out and my brain's too fried from homework to think about it, but I feel your idea should definitely be considered.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Very harsh penalities will do the server some good. It will seperate the real pvpers from the wannabes. The real ones will pk regardless of anything. The wannabees will back down.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    no.

you dont' wanna get pk'd?
    then don't play on the pvp server
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Zoe you're my hero. Way to call it. ^w^
  • Menymc - Harshlands
    Menymc - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I am not against Pker I just don’t like getting hit one time and I am dead because the Pker is level 70. When there with in 5 levels at lest I feel I have a chance. Are I can run. But when a high level flyes down and kills me with one hit before I even see them. How fun is that?
  • dizzysteve2
    dizzysteve2 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I had people with LVL 8 armor (LVL 60+ player) want to dual my barb when he was LVL 7. If I had accepted they would have felt so good that they could be victorious over character like mine. Unfortunately, I was bad and denied their request to feel good about themselves for winning an unbalanced fight. Yea right !!! b:laugh

YES!!! We do need a way to penalize people who start extremely unbalanced fights. How about making them the LVL of the players they want to fight or at least loose whole LVLs.b:thanks

Still not LVL 30 yet and no plans for PVP mode till I have a fighting chance.
  • Blade_Wolfe - Heavens Tear
    Blade_Wolfe - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    it is sad when high lvls have to make themselves fell bigger than the low levels, once i get my archer to level 60 or 70 and i am high lvl, i wouldnt go out doing that, they pk lower lvls so they dont lose their preciouse drops, i say if u are in the lvl range of 30-49 and the other player who kills u is 10+ higher lvls than u they lose all their items, but after lvl 50 and u have a fighting chance than that strictness is lifted but u are than placed in it to keep it fair for the ones lower than u

basicaly when u hit lvl 50 u cant pk below your lvl
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    Arodnur - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wild GARDEUN ANGLE appears!

Rundora uses "LOL". It's super effective!
    Rundora
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lol, it is a pvp server. You had to know it would be like that when you got into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elfaria - Dreamweaver
    Elfaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wow that's pretty harsh.

Maybe a temporary stat decrease disease or such but a level down penalty?

I bet this game would lose thousands of player if your suggestion were to come into play. Especially those really high levels that need SO MANY EXP to level up. Im even getting annoyed with the EXP needed to level up with the boring grinding.

I highly disagree with your suggestion.
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol

Maybe you should reroll on EtherSaga

Sounds like your kinda game. lmao