NOTICE: Auction House Issues

Options
xarfox
xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
With the most recent patch, version 123, there are some bugs associated with the Auction House rending it almost unusable.

We're well aware of the issue and have already begun laying groundwork for the potential fixes for this problem.

We expect to have it fixed within the next 48 hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by xarfox on

Comments

• Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    and can u tell us whats teh bug ? =)
  • Peinn - Sanctuary
    Peinn - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ty for letting us know.what kind of bug? * just curious * xD
    b:victory 1st BM on Sanctuary to have DragonSeekers ...IT ROCKS.Never know until u try it xD
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Currently, you can only search by the auction ID.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Akah - Harshlands
    Akah - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Would also like to know what the bugs are please ^__^
  • Akah - Harshlands
    Akah - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »

I thought we could only do that anyway?
  • Peinn - Sanctuary
    Peinn - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    Oo.. u mean cant search by names?gold trading is alright?
    b:victory 1st BM on Sanctuary to have DragonSeekers ...IT ROCKS.Never know until u try it xD
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    isnt it amazing how in the world can new additions break old working things they shouldnt have anything to do with?

oy maybe your devs need some programming/debugging help from the community? some of us do know our C++,Java,C# etc etc well
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    isnt it amazing how in the world can new additions break old working things they shouldnt have anything to do with?

Isn't it amazing, how in the world people find so many things to complain about? and then share there complaints with people who couldn't care less about your opinions. Which could've just been PM'd to the GM's, but.. we all know people have to tell the whole world they're annoyed with something.
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    you do show some rather disturbing skill in finding complaining where there is none :)
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Isn't it amazing, how in the world people find so many things to complain about? and then share there complaints with people who couldn't care less about your opinions. Which could've just been PM'd to the GM's, but.. we all know people have to tell the whole world they're annoyed with something.

You do know this is a FORUM...right?

The guys post was directly tied into this topic,so stop complaining about complainers.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Speaking of the AH... When will the search by item name function be implemented? If someone is looking for ultimate substances, they dont really wanna look at those TT60 mats.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The AH is completely gltiched for me. It just says updating and nothing ever shows up. I hope to hell it's not just me.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

oy maybe your devs need some programming/debugging help from the community? some of us do know our C++,Java,C# etc etc well

I doubt you'd be in any position to do anything to "help" them considering it would take more time than it's worth to simply get up to speed on how the code itself works, or is laid out.

I find it amazing that someone actually took the time to flame the devs like that. Actually, I'm not considering these are the forums, and that's what people like to do here. <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I doubt you'd be in any position to do anything to "help" them considering it would take more time than it's worth to simply get up to speed on how the code itself works, or is laid out.

I find it amazing that someone actually took the time to flame the devs like that. Actually, I'm not considering these are the forums, and that's what people like to do here. <.<

Well some people have to write a little app for a Intro to C++ class and then suddenly think they're game developers. lmao
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

I <3 Flames. Besides, even if you want to help them, the forums is probably not a good place to hire people lol...

I doubt anyone here is a professional programmer that has years of experience and is knowledge about Perfect World International coding. Well, anyhow, keep looking for the job opening folks.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I agree it is odd how it breaks things you'd think are unrelated. But when you really think about just how complex a game like this is, where there are cross references everywhere in the code and such, it starts to be understandable. You'd have to see and understand how the code is written to really understand just how it broke something that on the surface doesn't appear to be related, but underneath no doubt is in some way (most likely indirectly in this case).

*Breaks out the S'mores and hot dogs* <3 fire yum
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well some people have to write a little app for a Intro to C++ class and then suddenly think they're game developers. lmao

lol, So true.

I'm sitting in programming now... I have no delusions of being a game dev though. I hate this ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The AH is completely gltiched for me. It just says updating and nothing ever shows up. I hope to hell it's not just me.
    It's not. I would assume this is the "unusable" quality that this thread is about.

I am really missing the AH right now. Funny how you don't appreciate something 'till it's gone. That aside... hurry GMs. XD I needz my auction fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to update the game yet,* so I haven't seen this glitch in action. Does the normal (unsorted) auction list still work? I know it's slow to look page by page, but I do that all the time anyway to find good deals. I can survive without being able to search the AH for a few days, but please say that you can still buy and sell stuff in there!

*Sleep, then work, means I always get to read about updates in the forums before experiencing them. Looking forward to this one, though!
  • AngelFeather - Heavens Tear
    AngelFeather - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I <3 Flames. Besides, even if you want to help them, the forums is probably not a good place to hire people lol...

I doubt anyone here is a professional programmer that has years of experience and is knowledge about Perfect World International coding. Well, anyhow, keep looking for the job opening folks.

I have programing training :P I'm currently going to collage for it :P they are doing fine but i just wish they would keep their eyes out a little more sometimes >.< like that incident with the etherblade lake xD. But ya they get the servers up a good time. All I ask is that they try if possible to monoter things a little better.b:victoryb:chuckle Oh and if they didn't notice just so they know. I get a thing that pops saying the map doesn't match with current patch or something when I log on. Now if I understand right the patch isn't done just yet so that's why I'm assuming it says that. I tried to re-update but it didn't do anything like it didn't give me the patch again and my characters were fine. So idk if that is a glitch or if that's just cause the patch supposavly isn't complete yet. Just wanted to give a heads up b:pleased
  • Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear
    Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I have programing training :P I'm currently going to collage for it :P

u go to "collage"? b:surprised
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The actual developers and programmers are in China.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Lolas - Heavens Tear
    Lolas - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    u go to "collage"? b:surprised

She supposavly goes to collage.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The actual developers and programmers are in China.

This may explains that....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Edited to remove smartarsed comment. Hopefully they get the AH fixed soon. I have some stuff to get rid of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    Kusider - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The auction house takes like half of my game time... Both a blessing and a curse.
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to update the game yet,* so I haven't seen this glitch in action. Does the normal (unsorted) auction list still work? I know it's slow to look page by page, but I do that all the time anyway to find good deals. I can survive without being able to search the AH for a few days, but please say that you can still buy and sell stuff in there!

*Sleep, then work, means I always get to read about updates in the forums before experiencing them. Looking forward to this one, though!

The normal mode doesn't work at the moment either. It just says updating, but never does.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The normal mode doesn't work at the moment either. It just says updating, but never does.
    Oh, darn. Not what I was hoping to hear, but thanks for letting me know.

Still looking forward to this update though! ^___^
  • Paladin - Harshlands
    Paladin - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yay I sold my black pigment for 16900 coins and it was on 300k buyout >_>
  • Meiko - Dreamweaver
    Meiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Ya know.. it takes time to do the programming and yes sometimes one thing will mess up another.... but they are trying which is more than I can say for other games.

Give em a break.. k?