Call to spear Bms

Options
Grievous - Harshlands
Grievous - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Blademaster
ok so im planing on making my bm very pvp oriented but i cant choose between pole or axes ( i have the pvp axe build atm tho) can you guys tell me why some of you chose poles over axes. i mean i like the range and bleed but that stunlock is tempting b:laugh

let me hear you experiences and feelings towards this path.

*waits for lyndura*b:laugh
Post edited by Grievous - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mohkano - Sanctuary
    Mohkano - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This might sound silly, but I prefer polearms because I cannot stand how silly the double axes and hammers look. >.>

Though, on a PvP note, it does a little bit of all the other weapon trees. It can AoE, it can deal powerful single-target, ranged, bleed, and has better hit rate than the axes.
    So, in a word, because I find it balanced and aesthetically pleasing.
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The extra range attacks I enjoy using over the axes attacks, as well as the underrated bleeds that are able to kill off squishies just by landing and letting them tic. You can have both bleeds up on a target at the same time, they will stack.
    So a quick stun and landing both of those on many players, for other heavy armor wearer's, you can use your range attacks after they are landed.
    Your build should be higher in dex then most axe users, so you should have higher acc and evasion as well.
    Just my opinion tho, I have always enjoyed the Spear line of the class.
  • Grievous - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ty for your inputs keep em coming :P
  • dave379
    dave379 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol i dont know why you wait for lyndura. there are many higher level spear bms on lost city, and not everything she says is correct.

basically, spear is the best pvp bm choice. the only reason some people say axe is better than spear is because axe has higher spike damage and because of XS, which gives zerk. Dragons is OK, but spear has Glacial spike, which lasts 4 seconds longer (glacial spike reduces pdef and mdef by 50% when maxed). Spear has range, which lets you hit kiting players.

Stunlock is nice and all, but if someone has stun pots, which more and more people are using now, or when the anti stun genies come out, stunlock will not be as good as it is before.

btw, for those who says axe levels up fast because of aoe, spear has aoe too, and it works wonders in aoe grind.

if you want to go pvp, i suggest you do a str/dex build with enough str for weapon and rest to dex. Or you can add more str so u can do more dmg. It's all up to you.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You know what i find funny is that fact the everyone always talks about the XS axes but you know that their is a spear compliment and Blade compliment to that weapon;

☆Dragonlance: Angder

Pike
    Close Range
    Grade 11
    Attack Range 5
    Physical attack 595-991

Str required 223
    Agi required 98

Level Required: 90

HP: +225

Dexterity +14~15

Berserker: Has a chance to inflict double damage
    at the cost of losing 5%HP.

Blade

☆Firelotus, Blade of the Dragon

Blade
    Close Range
    Grade 11
    Attack Range 3
    Physical attack 494-918

Str required 183
    Agi required 138

Strength +14~15

And fists have one too...but would you end up killing yourself....??

☆Buddha: Peace
    Fist
    Close Range
    Grade 11
    Attack Range 2.5
    Physical attack 501-554

Str required 142
    Agi required 178

Maximum Physical Attack +130

Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jjtc - Sanctuary
    Jjtc - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    opps wrong forum X_X
  • Grievous - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Options
    dave379 wrote: »
    lol i dont know why you wait for lyndura. there are many higher level spear bms on lost city, and not everything she says is correct.

basically, spear is the best pvp bm choice. the only reason some people say axe is better than spear is because axe has higher spike damage and because of XS, which gives zerk. Dragons is OK, but spear has Glacial spike, which lasts 4 seconds longer (glacial spike reduces pdef and mdef by 50% when maxed). Spear has range, which lets you hit kiting players.

Stunlock is nice and all, but if someone has stun pots, which more and more people are using now, or when the anti stun genies come out, stunlock will not be as good as it is before.

btw, for those who says axe levels up fast because of aoe, spear has aoe too, and it works wonders in aoe grind.

if you want to go pvp, i suggest you do a str/dex build with enough str for weapon and rest to dex. Or you can add more str so u can do more dmg. It's all up to you.

the lyndura thing was just a forum joke :P

but anyway ty, i really apriciate your input so im going for the spear path nowb:laugh