The look of ''running''

splintersnel
splintersnel Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Suggestion Box
Hey all

I just wanted to say that i totally hate the way charachter walk in this game (its the only thing im hating atm) Charachters bent all the way forward.... like WTH.

Do you walk like that ? (i hope not!)

Please change this, make the charachter run more straight up. (The running makes this game look retarted, *cough*)

Please change ! b:kiss
Post edited by splintersnel on

Comments

• splintersnel
    splintersnel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    bumpib:kiss
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Seems normal. You have to bend forward to run. As opposed to "jogging." Basic physics. It must be because Americans don't run much...b:chuckle
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Seems normal. You have to bend forward to run. As opposed to "jogging." Basic physics. It must be because Americans don't run much...b:chuckle

O:

i dont' actually take offense to that

there were alotta fat kids when i was in high school

just so long as i'm not included in the non-running americans

but what? the running looks fine to me
  • stormhydra
    stormhydra Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lol hahahahahah. Nice. (Im not american)
    Its okay, but it looks like the character is actually sprinting (when you look at the upper body), but when you look at the legs its more like jogging so it ends up like Sprint+Jog=The look of "running"

The walking animation is actually pretty good, except you walk around as if you own the place, all stuck up and smug. Seriously.
    Steam Acc - Blugblugy || Steam Nickname - Blugyblug ||Xfire - Blugyblug || - Call of Duty 4/Modern Warfare 2/COD: Black Ops - Blugyblug ||League of Legends - Blugyblug||Forsaken World - Coalescence (mage)
  • Helcaterian - Sanctuary
    Helcaterian - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have a good laugh each time i see an Archer running, it just does not look right, it appears they have bent backs.

when jogging your body is almost upright and when running flat out, your whole body is slightly forward similar to this ---> /

I dont have a problem the way it is, but if it can be fixed so the running looks right, then fine by me b:pleased
  • Garrison - Dreamweaver
    Garrison - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I.G.T.T.A.L V.3 (I'm Going To Talk A Lot Version 3) :

Hum. A different running and/or walking pose could be nice, but for right now, I don't really think there's any problem with how the running animation looks. In a way, it even feels a little empowering.

For instance, the walking animation seems quite empowering when you're a buff, armor encased, giant hammer wielding tiger-man. A giant, hulking mass of muscle and experience, trudging along the battle field, the weight of his armor baring down upon his body.

It'd kinda look funny if said hulking mass of pure brutal force was running with his back straight. Perfectly straight would just be gosh darned bizarre. Kind of like he had a stick up his butt (or goodness forbid former president **** Nixon up his butt).

Sure, some runners may be perfectly straight up, but then again, not all runners who run with their back perfectly straight are holding long magic encircled rods, or wielding a long blade forged from the backside of Claxor, the lord of the multidimensional realm of sadness and mediocre music ( FB X > 9000 )

Although I do have to admit, some of those running animations don't seem quite right, at least not in every situation. Like in the previously stated post, the archers run looks somewhat funny since they're as much of a hulking mass of mountain bench pressing force as toilet paper.

TL;DR Version :

i think iz all good cept for like 2 r 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blade_Wolfe - Heavens Tear
    Blade_Wolfe - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    id rather have the bm's wrists fixed.. take a look at em they are bent VERY far back... almost as if some 1 broke em
  • Kiani - Dreamweaver
    Kiani - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What are you saying, the running looks fine.