got problems with an almost blank login screen

stereotypejmohn
stereotypejmohn Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
When i start the updater all is going well then the client comes up and gives me an almost blank screen. i can see the animation in the background with the 3 small houses and the waterfall but i can't see the loginscreen =( somebody?photo_view.html?photoId=121730474&uid=5406144113
Post edited by stereotypejmohn on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Could you please try a verify from the launcher?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stereotypejmohn
    edited April 2009
    i have tried to do that but it said everything was okay. i also tried to reinstall it 2 times over and doing the patches manually but i still got tesame problem. btw i tried to click somewhere to find the login button i heard a click but i still cant see anything =/
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What is your resolution set to? And have you tried changing it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoobat
    zoobat Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I posted this in another thread. This could be the issue but not 100% sure since I cannot see your screen.

Thread is at:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=260551&page=2

***Copy from the other thread***
    I had that problem earlier.

Logging in takes the entire 40 seconds and you end up getting a message saying cannot connect to the server.

If you try to switch servers, you will find that the client cannot even see most of the servers.

Browsing normal websites seems fine and the patched client worked well a few days before that.

The solution is simple. Most times, your broadband connection will be through a modem or a modem/router. All you have to do is power down the equipment (including your laptop/desktop) and power them up in this order: Modem, Router (if present), and Desktop/Laptop. Try to have a 5 min interval between powering up each device.

You should be able to log in after that.
    *** End of copy
  • Amyreth - Harshlands
    Amyreth - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    When i start the updater all is going well then the client comes up and gives me an almost blank screen. i can see the animation in the background with the 3 small houses and the waterfall but i can't see the loginscreen =( somebody?photo_view.html?photoId=121730474&uid=5406144113

The launcher display depends in part on parsing .xml files. In many ways it works like a miniature browser. Now, I'm not sure how exactly the launcher functions, but it might actually be related to internet explorer. Yea, I know this seems a bit out there. First off, you might want to make sure you have the most recent version. Which of this writing I believe IE 7 is the latest non-beta release. The other thing to do is make sure the browser's security settings aren't messed up. Best bet is to return them to defaults.
    The other thing to look at is Direct X. Sometimes some minor issue with the way it works can cause all sorts of odd problems. Keep in mind, Direct X is very different in Windows Vista, so this only applies to anything but that specific OS. You should be able to get a recent copy of Direct X 9.0c from Microsoft's website. Re-install it. You can also run dxdiag from the run box. (start.. run)(might also work for vista) This has the ability to run direct x diagnostics.
    Sometimes graphics drivers are to blame. Check your graphics card manufacturer's website and see if there are any updated drivers. Beyond that, cross your fingers and hope for the best.
    Good luck.
  • stereotypejmohn
    edited May 2009
    buglogin.jpg
    well this is the bug i tried to install IE explorer but it didn't really work out.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this and following the directions:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and hopefully see what is going on, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.