FB question for those spammers in wc

Options
Levantine_ - Sanctuary
Levantine_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
So you spam us day in and out begging for FBs, wanting rep and exp right?

So tell me this... if youre just -using- us for free rep and exp... why should we have to pay for the wine that you expect and demand of us to pay for ourselves?

Shouldnt the people begging for the FBs pay for all if not atleast half of said wine? We dont -have- to give you free rep you know.

and recently being said more in the spam.. "tabber keeps 3* and molds." Say its an FB70 or 79+ etc and one of those rare tauren cheifs, misty forest, etc drops. Are you seriously going to give me a 10-15m mold like you promised if it doesnt go to me off the random party 9 times out of 10 loot distributions you make? I dont really believe you would :P. Why lie :). Ive had 3 friends ripped off already because of these examples listed.

/endrant
Post edited by Levantine_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Not everyone is "begging" to do your fbs. If you dont want these "beggers" to do your fb, then fine, go ask your friends and faction. Still, I doubt that your faction would be a fb69 unwined..The point is, its your choice to let these people help you, if you dont need their help, go solo the FB and keep all the drops. And for the second part, if you KNOW, that they're lying, why bother to do a FB with them?

As for everyone that keeps QQing about this issue, just ignore these world chat spammers and go solo your FBs, you keep all the items down to every last coin and potion.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You can set the drop distribution to free but still run the risk of people picking up the drops. I guess what it comes down to is trust, try running your fbs with people that you know or who are in your faction, as this will lessen the chances of your being taken advantage of. I will say most people in this game will behave decently most of the time tho. As for wine, there are some people willing to do runs without it or who might just chip in. However, you should agree to all conditions that it may be your right as tabber to impose BEFORE squading and doing the run. Other people have as much right as you to set their own conditions, and is perfectly reasonable for a squad to require wine. Usually most offers on WC are clear on this, and if you can't find someone willing to do it on your terms, then it really isn't their problem, is it? We all want to get things to get things our way, and kudos to you if you always manage, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to be flexible.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    As well as every large internal and external injury, bill for the many, many funerals etc.

Lloyd's right, join a faction, make friends that won't rip you off.

I like to think of it as a mutual trade, they get rep/exp/spirit, you get drops. If they wanted drops they should be running it without tabs.

Wines provided by you because acting high and mighty ordering them around is basically asking them to backstab you on drops.

Edit-Read this post as Surfer_Rosa never existed, it makes more sense that way :3
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

We dont -have- to give you free rep you know.

Quite frankly, we don't have to make your run quick and painless either. While it is certainly my opinion that the lowbie is doing the high levels a favor, it is still reciprocal. Expecting you to provide wine for your run is the standard. I've made wine for every one of my own FB's, as have the tabbers for nearly every run I've done. It's not unreasonable to assist with wine, but to expect the high levels to provide it is just plain lazy on your part and shows no appreciation for our help. Particularly if we are offering molds to the tabber.
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Edit-Read this post as Surfer_Rosa never existed, it makes more sense that way :3
    Hmmm... ok, what?
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i personally think a group should aid in the wine, its expensive, not everyone can afford it. its not like we're doing them a favor, if FBs didnt drop molds or give exp, or rep... i sure as heck wouldnt do them for lowbies.

notice how it is a pain to find parties for bosses for cults etc for some people? no reward, no help. i see FBs as a symbiotic relationship of each other using each other for our own self interest. it doesnt cost anything to run an FB :\, i dun see why a lowbie should be forced to shove 200k a wine out for our benefit/laziness.

i do unwined FBs for those reading and have alot of time :P.
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wine at produce by mats you can gather.
    no one say you have to buy it from players.
    spend some time gathering you might actually make some profit.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    the amount of time spent running the fb with low lvls could be used to easily gather the wine mats or coins for them
    if they wined for you would you pay their repair bills? give the cleric mana potions/mana charms for healing? didnt think so... its not like the high lvls are making money running your FBs, heck often they loose money, you want them to loose more? as if we need more 9x FB spammers with 7x gear
    free xp, lawl. no its not free.
    you had friends ripped off/scammed? well there is support button at the top of the screen tell them to feel free to use it
    oh yah and keep hiding behind an alt?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Excuse me? Get your facts straight. No one is begging you for FBs; don't get so full of yourself. They're offering help to people who don't have friends or factions to turn to. Yes, they do get rep out of it, but I assure you they can get the same measly exp grinding during the time it takes to finish the FB. And what is the rep for? Well it's to encourage higher level players to help lower level players with their FB, so it makes sense. All of this is factored WITHOUT the wine. Now factor IN the wine...you want your FBers to either go out and mine the mats to make YOUR run shorter, or you want them to spend HOURS in your FB because it is NOT wined. Now, in that HOUR they can grind a LOT more exp than they can running your FB, and that time spent mining mats could have benefitted them instead of you. In other words, it's courtesy for YOU to provide the wine because the wine is ultimately benefiting YOU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I really hate the people who ask for Fb help and dont have the wine, and THEN want the all of the drops. I wouldn't mind if they wanted the drops and they provided the wine but w/o helping with the wine..no way are you getting something unless it lands in your invo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear
    Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Excuse me? Get your facts straight. No one is begging you for FBs; don't get so full of yourself. They're offering help to people who don't have friends or factions to turn to. Yes, they do get rep out of it, but I assure you they can get the same measly exp grinding during the time it takes to finish the FB. And what is the rep for? Well it's to encourage higher level players to help lower level players with their FB, so it makes sense. All of this is factored WITHOUT the wine. Now factor IN the wine...you want your FBers to either go out and mine the mats to make YOUR run shorter, or you want them to spend HOURS in your FB because it is NOT wined. Now, in that HOUR they can grind a LOT more exp than they can running your FB, and that time spent mining mats could have benefitted them instead of you. In other words, it's courtesy for YOU to provide the wine because the wine is ultimately benefiting YOU.

QFT.

1 hour grind ~ 300-400k exp plus you make around 150k per hour
    Wined FB59 = 30mins + repairs including quests for token digs etc --> about 100-130k exp only.

About the drop rates, you can always tell them to set it to free so you can get all drops (one of the habits that I do when I run FBs).

There are also some people who chip in together as a group for one of the wines.

We're not "begging" for you to let us do your FBs. It's take it or leave it.... No one really cares qq.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lets see, I am make easly 36k exp per 15 minutes and 5 rep using Army of one Mob quests (not hard grind, just your casual relaxed grind)

I can make 25k exp and 5 rep running a FB 19/29, in about 10-15 minutes, assuming everyone is ready, and nobody messes up. The down time between FBs, assuming they are all lined up will be at least 10 minutes, for travel time between town and the entrance of FB.

In one hour I can do 3 FBs for 75k exp and 15 rep or I can grind for 146k exp and 20 rep, PLus 27k exp and 1 rep from a justice quest, and make around 100k-150k in coins from npcing drops.

Running low level FBs is hardly profitable for high levels, both in rep, exp and coins, high levels can make far more just from grinding. Only on FBs higher than level 60 will the high levels make any exp or get any drops worth mentioning (and dont say you got a mold from a FB19 when you were level 99, the chance of dropping is 0.0001%, so it just means you were lucky, and beside a mold level 19 is hardly worth mentioning)

Why do people want to do FBs than? Well, from one it is a nice break from constant grind, it also helps advertise your faction, and if people are happy with how you ran it, than there is a good chance they will ask you for help on the higher level ones, where they can actualy make decent exp/gold/rep.

To conclude.
    If you need help, than they HELPED YOU, not the other way around.. If you dont need help, than you would not had invited them to your FB to start with....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    there might be some of those WC offers that are legit, but i dont believe most of them are honest people. i got taken in by one of those, run by one of the biggest guilds, and they ripped me off and left me stranded in the frostcover grounds. its *very hard* to get your FB drops unless you are with people you know and can trust. it is ***VITAL*** to make sure you are the squad leader and that the drops are set to free...otherwise, on the random setting, the chances of the tabber getting anything are vanishingly small.

So tell me this... if youre just -using- us for free rep and exp... why should we have to pay for the wine that you expect and demand of us to pay for ourselves?

Shouldnt the people begging for the FBs pay for all if not atleast half of said wine? We dont -have- to give you free rep you know.

and recently being said more in the spam.. "tabber keeps 3* and molds." Say its an FB70 or 79+ etc and one of those rare tauren cheifs, misty forest, etc drops. Are you seriously going to give me a 10-15m mold like you promised if it doesnt go to me off the random party 9 times out of 10 loot distributions you make? I dont really believe you would :P. Why lie :). Ive had 3 friends ripped off already because of these examples listed.

/endrant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • EgaeniI - Heavens Tear
    EgaeniI - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ★☆PRO LVL90+team★☆help u with ur fb19-89★☆u keep all the drops★☆pm me plz XDb:chuckle
    b:bye full time shop part time player
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    They problem is when they spam world chat to say they'll let you keep molds, but when molds drops, they keep them. The exp/rep gain compared to grinding is besides the point. This behavior amounts to a scam. If they want molds, they shouldn't have promised to let you keep them.

The norm is, basically all WC spammers who make such promise will take any molds that drops. Systematic scamming...
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

/endrant

lol thats why I only let certain people do my fbs, those who have proven themselfs trustworthy, no one else at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    @OP
    you do want your FB done, right?
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I really hate the people who ask for Fb help and dont have the wine, and THEN want the all of the drops. I wouldn't mind if they wanted the drops and they provided the wine but w/o helping with the wine..no way are you getting something unless it lands in your invo.

its not really helping them if your asking for something in return. I dont see why not just help them the extra xp should be enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    missqq wrote: »
    @OP
    you do want your FB done, right?

Since there are enough high levels competing over limited fb runs, I believe OP wants non-scammers to do them.b:chuckle
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lets see, I am make easly 36k exp per 15 minutes and 5 rep using Army of one Mob quests (not hard grind, just your casual relaxed grind)

I can make 25k exp and 5 rep running a FB 19/29, in about 10-15 minutes, assuming everyone is ready, and nobody messes up. The down time between FBs, assuming they are all lined up will be at least 10 minutes, for travel time between town and the entrance of FB.

In one hour I can do 3 FBs for 75k exp and 15 rep or I can grind for 146k exp and 20 rep, PLus 27k exp and 1 rep from a justice quest, and make around 100k-150k in coins from npcing drops.

Running low level FBs is hardly profitable for high levels, both in rep, exp and coins, high levels can make far more just from grinding. Only on FBs higher than level 60 will the high levels make any exp or get any drops worth mentioning (and dont say you got a mold from a FB19 when you were level 99, the chance of dropping is 0.0001%, so it just means you were lucky, and beside a mold level 19 is hardly worth mentioning)

Why do people want to do FBs than? Well, from one it is a nice break from constant grind, it also helps advertise your faction, and if people are happy with how you ran it, than there is a good chance they will ask you for help on the higher level ones, where they can actualy make decent exp/gold/rep.

To conclude.
    If you need help, than they HELPED YOU, not the other way around.. If you dont need help, than you would not had invited them to your FB to start with....

36k exp per 15 mins and 146k exp per hour? You get 2.4k exp per minute? I'm a lvl 83 pure mage veno with both a Phoenix and a Herc but I haven't grinded for a very very long time but how do you get 2.4k exp per mind? I really want to know!
    They're using you for exp and you're using them for a fast and easy FB. Why are you complaining? If you don't want to use wine then don't. However, I don't think you will find many willing to spend that much time doing a FB without wine because they can probably grind more exp in the time required to complete that FB. Or you can gather some of your friends your level and try to complete that FB among yourselves.
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    5 rep/ 15 min??!! how??!! that's 2.5 one man armies. That's 100 mobs your killing every 15 minutes factoring out travel time to turn in quest.
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yea, to avoid this kind of scamming problem, it's better to run your FBs with people you know well.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    People who take their time out of grinding to help you kill bosses are usually people you can trust. I have a handful of them that I ALWAYS ask to help me with my FB's. Not only do they keep their word, but they also try their very best to keep me alive. Not to mention they are courteous and polite. I will not take world chat spammers and accept their help.

It would appear that everyone is willing to help you with an FB but rarely anyone is willing to help you kill bosses. Those that are, usually become my friends. If you have no friends, no faction to help you with an FB then you really need to quit being such a loner. Meet new people and join a good faction. Not always the highest lvl faction makes it the best.

There are some of you stating that the "wine" is a requirement. I appreciate the lady who said that those who "require" it are just lazy. Good stuff generally drops out of mobs in FB's. I did one the other day and almost everyone got a darkness stamp, and several other good things. Yes it takes longer, but if we all race to lvl 110... what will be left? Enjoy the game.. my friend and I run untabbed FB's quite often just for the fun of it.

And btw.. high lvl doesn't mean all high and mighty, which is the way some of u are acting. Lower lvls need your help, but trust me if you don't want to help; there is always someone who does. They help you by adding you for FB and you help them. Its not like it only goes one way. And even farming the mats, wine is expensive. Some mats sell for huge amounts.. and you are givng up that money you could be making from the mats.

6x Bm
    5x Wiz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Blunt tip to OP. Gain levels, get a herc, solo your FB, problem solved
    edited April 2009
    Options
    36k exp per 15 mins and 146k exp per hour? You get 2.4k exp per minute? I'm a lvl 83 pure mage veno with both a Phoenix and a Herc but I haven't grinded for a very very long time but how do you get 2.4k exp per mind? I really want to know!
    They're using you for exp and you're using them for a fast and easy FB. Why are you complaining? If you don't want to use wine then don't. However, I don't think you will find many willing to spend that much time doing a FB without wine because they can probably grind more exp in the time required to complete that FB. Or you can gather some of your friends your level and try to complete that FB among yourselves.

I grind on air mobs my level or a little higher. They give around 500-700exp each. Use Exp scrolls for additional exp. You can get about 1k per mob if you use scrolls. On ground mobs, if I am doing the one-man-army quests I usualy get 350-450 exp per mob, not using scrolls, or 500-600ish with scroll.

On the rep one, I pick whichever mob is available by the guy giving the quest. Currently I am using Orchid Petalis right on Village of the Brutes.. they are so close to the npc that gives the one man army quest that sometimes you get attacked while talking to the npc... (no travel time). As an added bonus, I can also pick those mobs for the hourly quest.

I know levels 75+ archers and BMs that can get 300k-400k exp per hour....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Murphyus - Sanctuary
    Murphyus - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If i understood the OP as well as I think I have, i don't believe that he is complaining about providing wines for an FB run, but more about the WC shouters who claim that *tabber keeps drops*, when in fact they don't. I would agree that this is a lie or scam (whichever word you prefer).

I do agree with the fact that, when ready to do an FB that wines make the run easier, i take the time to gather the materials myself, maybe get some from my faction mates and we do it. At least this is how FB 59 was done for me.

So, my suggestion about the *tabber keeps drops* "scams", only do your FB with friends or faction. There is really no hurry to do them as soon as you reach the lvl, take your time as the FBs and bosses will still be there tomorrow. Prepare yourself, gather your squad, talk of strategies and have fun.

Its not just a game, but you have to have fun.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I grind on air mobs my level or a little higher. They give around 500-700exp each. Use Exp scrolls for additional exp. You can get about 1k per mob if you use scrolls. On ground mobs, if I am doing the one-man-army quests I usualy get 350-450 exp per mob, not using scrolls, or 500-600ish with scroll.

On the rep one, I pick whichever mob is available by the guy giving the quest. Currently I am using Orchid Petalis right on Village of the Brutes.. they are so close to the npc that gives the one man army quest that sometimes you get attacked while talking to the npc... (no travel time). As an added bonus, I can also pick those mobs for the hourly quest.

I know levels 75+ archers and BMs that can get 300k-400k exp per hour....

I just wanted to point out that Orchid Petalis are outside Village of the Lost. Village of the Brutes is at the southwest end of Scorpion Valley by City of Plume. And the only reason I remember this is because I get pegged by that dreaded poison everyday on my way to stop 25.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What is this WINE that people use for FB's?

I feel bad since I have had FB's done and not even known about wines to be given to your helpers.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I just wanted to point out that Orchid Petalis are outside Village of the Lost. Village of the Brutes is at the southwest end of Scorpion Valley by City of Plume. And the only reason I remember this is because I get pegged by that dreaded poison everyday on my way to stop 25.

<Slaps Forehead> Thanks, that is correct, I meant to say Village of the Lost. Thank you
  • manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Theres an NPC named Mister Tso that will give you a quest to make wine, he is at 527, 655. He gives you a list of mats that you need to bring him and he'll give you wine for it. I haven't made or used any wine myself so I'm not totally sure about it all, but I think that he just gives 1 wine each time and as you increase in fblvl the amount of wine needed increases. You give the wine to that swordsman type guy just inside the entrance to the fb.
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.