Help Me to pick ym charecter please

Options
Gbvbgfb - Sanctuary
Gbvbgfb - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
what class shuld i pick if i concider that i want to get to lvl 100+ and want to pwn Terretory Wars...help me out please my information is too low to pick on my own...thanks:)
Post edited by Gbvbgfb - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You should be a Untamed Barbarian.

Then, play for 12/7. Sleep for about 8 hours each day and eat 3 times a day. Ugh... excerise for like 30 mins each day I think. Because hardcore gaming doesn't require that much...

Here's the grind music ripped from MJ's Thriller. Listen to this and it will help you out in your grind.

Cause this is grind!
    Grinder night
    And no one's gonna talk to you
    From the boredom about to strike
    You know it's grind
    Grinder night
    You're fighting against dumb NPCs
    Inside a game
    Grind tonight, yeah

*Do the moon-walk*... *Hit your own crouch*.. Oh yea. Woot!
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Honestly, that entirely depends on your play-style. I'll try to do a breakdown, but I don't know too much about TWs.

Blademaster: Axe BMs can AoE grind in later lvls for fast experience. That'll help you to lvl 100. Not too needed in parties, but can be a back-up tank, or tank if there's no Barb. I have no idea how usefull they are in TW.

Wizard: Hard to level until very late. They're very squishy and don't cast too fast, but do LOTS of dmg. Basically, the ultimate glass cannon. Good DDers for parties, especially if you need AoEs. Seem to be wanted as cannons in TWs (take down Barbs and the like).

Archer: All around PvP ruler. Lots of dmg, relatively fast skills, and spike dmg means they can kill just about anyone (may have trouble with Barbs). Long range gives them an early-hit advantage, too. They level pretty easily, and they are part of the core of Zhen parties along with a cleric (though that drains charms a lot). They level pretty easily, though there are a few rough patches.

Clerics: ALWAYS wanted in ANY party for ANY purpose (including TWs). That being said, though, they're pretty squishy without a party and may have trouble leveling. They'll burn through MP potions and charms, though, which gets pretty costly.

Barbarians: Another critical element for TWs it seems. Barbs pull catapults. A critical element in parties, too, as barbs are the ULTIMATE tank. Unfortunately, they don't do much dmg, so you may lvl slowly away from parties.

Venomancers: The pet class. The solo class. Aside from the phoenix (a $200 or 2M coin pet) and it's Flesh Ream bug (which may be 'fixed' soon), I don't know what purpose they serve in TWs. In late-game parties, a Veno is often critical to pull single enemies out of groups in TTs, FBs, and around bosses. You'll solo lvl pretty quickly, though, because you don't have to look for a party for anything.

Basically, the game almost seems to be broken into the classes than need a party and those that don't. Venos and Archers don't, though they can work well in a party, and BMs are borderline. Barbs, Clerics, and Wizards seem to really need a party to be really effective.
  • Gbvbgfb - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Honestly, that entirely depends on your play-style. I'll try to do a breakdown, but I don't know too much about TWs.

Blademaster: Axe BMs can AoE grind in later lvls for fast experience. That'll help you to lvl 100. Not too needed in parties, but can be a back-up tank, or tank if there's no Barb. I have no idea how usefull they are in TW.

Wizard: Hard to level until very late. They're very squishy and don't cast too fast, but do LOTS of dmg. Basically, the ultimate glass cannon. Good DDers for parties, especially if you need AoEs. Seem to be wanted as cannons in TWs (take down Barbs and the like).

Archer: All around PvP ruler. Lots of dmg, relatively fast skills, and spike dmg means they can kill just about anyone (may have trouble with Barbs). Long range gives them an early-hit advantage, too. They level pretty easily, and they are part of the core of Zhen parties along with a cleric (though that drains charms a lot). They level pretty easily, though there are a few rough patches.

Clerics: ALWAYS wanted in ANY party for ANY purpose (including TWs). That being said, though, they're pretty squishy without a party and may have trouble leveling. They'll burn through MP potions and charms, though, which gets pretty costly.

Barbarians: Another critical element for TWs it seems. Barbs pull catapults. A critical element in parties, too, as barbs are the ULTIMATE tank. Unfortunately, they don't do much dmg, so you may lvl slowly away from parties.

Venomancers: The pet class. The solo class. Aside from the phoenix (a $200 or 2M coin pet) and it's Flesh Ream bug (which may be 'fixed' soon), I don't know what purpose they serve in TWs. In late-game parties, a Veno is often critical to pull single enemies out of groups in TTs, FBs, and around bosses. You'll solo lvl pretty quickly, though, because you don't have to look for a party for anything.

Basically, the game almost seems to be broken into the classes than need a party and those that don't. Venos and Archers don't, though they can work well in a party, and BMs are borderline. Barbs, Clerics, and Wizards seem to really need a party to be really effective.

thanks for the replay but i rly want to choose my charecter for terretory wars later ownage...i rly dont mind putting all the time in building it jsut to be evry good in pvp later...so pretty much what i wanna base my decision
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Like Syl said. Its gonna depend on your play style.

If you wanna be more of a support character your gonna wanna go with a cleric. They are always in need, but are much more effective with people around them.

Not really sure how effective Venos are in TW, Most people are gonna rush past their pets and go right for the Veno.

Wizards and Archers are DD's. the are also both ranged attackers, Wizards are the hardest hitting around, but can be pretty squishy, archers a little less squishy but can be tough to level early. Both have a good place in Tw.

Barbs are always needed and very usefull in TW. You will find no trouble playing a barb. They can level slow, and they can be fairly costly with equipment repairs.

Bm's, Since my tendancy is Bm's I feel they are great in TW, specifically the Axe path of Bm's, you have the large Radial AOE's and stuns that can be very very usefull in TW. If played correctly BM's can creat mass carnage.

So, IMO, I would say it would rank like this for TW.

1)barbs
    2)BM's
    3)Clerics
    4)Archers
    5)Wizards
    6)Venos

But, I am no expert.....lol
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    RedSpeller - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    @Sylvini:
    Can't agree with "Wizard always need a party to be efficient", I can solo realy easly.
    Dont forget we 2 shot under water mobs. I can even tank 5 Dragonmaid and kill them without HP charm tick using one lvl 70 hp potion. (Yes Wizards can aoe without clerics :) )

We are squishy and so are the Clerics, don't forget Earth Barrier with it 100% pdef gain, Will of Phoenix and Force of Will (knockback and silence), Distance Shrink (teleport skill), Essential Sutra (No channeling for 6 secondes). A good set of skills to survive from lot of things ^^

@Bashusilly
    And for TW ranking, Wizard are needed to kill cata pullers. They are the best at this purpose due to they high magical attack, maybe 5 is a bit low ^^. Ask barbs how a sparked-undined Black Ice Dragon hurt. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Okay well since you are undecided, you should go with the BMs. I am not saying this cause I am a BM myself but because whoever is undecided about the role they want to play, they should go with BM. Firstly, BMs are balanced meaning they are everything and yet nothing. They can act as back up tank, partial damage dealer but compared to other class not as much and lastly, they are supports. You might be wondering why all those. See, other than barbs, BMs have the most health. Other than wizard and clerics and archers, BMs have relatively good dmg( not sure bout veno cause i heard they deal pretty low dmg and rely on their pets so correct me if i am wrong) well as a BM, my dmg at lvl 51 now is 700-800 on my mobs and with skills could reach up to 4k in crit( highest i reached). Lastly, support, clerics are support cause of buffs and heal but we can act as supports too. As a sword BM, I dont think i can do much support but as a axe BM, you have lots of stun skills which you might think 3 secs but once you play, 3 secs can decide life or death and not to mention axe BMs have so many stun skills which can stun a person really long if he is lucky. So choose a BM and although many axe BMs say sword build sucks, i still wouldnt hold a grudge against them and suggest you go with axe BM. They are great for TW. Definitely.

See axe BMs I aint all that bad... so dont go around calling sword and fist BMs noobs and deal with things more rationally.

Btw I am gonna branch out to axe build not because of the comments you guys keep making. But because the high lvl axe skill looks cool lol and the dual axes look pretty decent. Note only dual axe.
  • Saomuel - Dreamweaver
    Saomuel - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Let us figure better what you call "pwnage in TWs" please.

What kind of pwnage you want to do?

You want to cause an area damage that hits a lot of people at once with great damage?
    You want attack an single target with an massive single strike and put him to sleep in one hit?
    You like to laugh when people try hopelessly to drain your huge/recovering HP while you annoy them with debuffs?
    You like to stay behind the battle and keep your friends alive while they spanks the enemies?

Every class pwns in TW - each one by their own way.
    Let us know how you like to play, and we point you your class.
    No matter the class, if you are playing by your style and have your classe's playing skill, you'll pwn heads.

I play as Cleric, and I know if I level up and learn everything about my class and play well, I'll be feared on TW.

EDIT: Uh... a little thing to you to know. If you like to concentrate in only-one massive damage skill and keep spamming it, forget pwnage. Yeah, there is skills in all classes that do massive damage. Mas if you want to play monoskill, or pick an class only for that unique skill, you'll suffer. You'll be spanked. You'll get bored of the game, tired of have your **** kicked, and will leave the game.
  • Gbvbgfb - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Let us figure better what you call "pwnage in TWs" please.

What kind of pwnage you want to do?

You want to cause an area damage that hits a lot of people at once with great damage?
    You want attack an single target with an massive single strike and put him to sleep in one hit?
    You like to laugh when people try hopelessly to drain your huge/recovering HP while you annoy them with debuffs?
    You like to stay behind the battle and keep your friends alive while they spanks the enemies?

Every class pwns in TW - each one by their own way.
    Let us know how you like to play, and we point you your class.
    No matter the class, if you are playing by your style and have your classe's playing skill, you'll pwn heads.

I play as Cleric, and I know if I level up and learn everything about my class and play well, I'll be feared on TW.

EDIT: Uh... a little thing to you to know. If you like to concentrate in only-one massive damage skill and keep spamming it, forget pwnage. Yeah, there is skills in all classes that do massive damage. Mas if you want to play monoskill, or pick an class only for that unique skill, you'll suffer. You'll be spanked. You'll get bored of the game, tired of have your **** kicked, and will leave the game.

for me some TW pwnage is killin as many people as possible:)
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Venos without a phoenix (sawfly + flesh ream doesn't make the cut) is pretty much one of the worse TW characters. BUT, a veno with a phoenix and lvl 5 flesh ream, game over. They'll ripppp through anything that they see.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    for me some TW pwnage is killin as many people as possible:)

Your entire post is epic fail as everyone has given you the answer already, yet your so slow and undecided...

Geeze, roll a dice or something, your slower than a dam turtle!!!

Anyhow, like I said, roll a Untamed Barbarian to be ownage in PvP. Take my advice, **** the rest because I know way more than any of these people.
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

• Gbvbgfb - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Your entire post is epic fail as everyone has given you the answer already, yet your so slow and undecided...

Geeze, roll a dice or something, your slower than a dam turtle!!!

Anyhow, like I said, roll a Untamed Barbarian to be ownage in PvP. Take my advice, **** the rest because I know way more than any of these people.

dude...seriously if you got nothign normal to say betetr to shut up-_- noone forces you to answer...i got a high lvl charecter alrady and i amde a misytake there jsut want to make sure i wont do the same misake again...couse i been told wizards are good at higher lvls...ad they jsut compeltely suck.so yeah i cant decide easly dont wanna spend anymore time for nothing
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    dude...seriously if you got nothign normal to say betetr to shut up-_- noone forces you to answer...i got a high lvl charecter alrady and i amde a misytake there jsut want to make sure i wont do the same misake again...couse i been told wizards are good at higher lvls...ad they jsut compeltely suck.so yeah i cant decide easly dont wanna spend anymore time for nothing

Dude seriously, you could have been level 10 with an Untamed Barbarian pwning other level 1 noobs... but no...

Your stuck here arguing at what **** and **** about deciding on a perfect PvPer. Seriously, is it worth it to have idiots arguing over what kind of stupid toon for good for you. Wait.. this archer says archers are the best.. Wait this wizard says wizards are best!!

Basically, all your getting is crappy biased opinions becauses classes are nicely balanced in PvP provided you work in a team. Well if you wanna hax damage, go spend $200 on a Phoenix pet and be a girl with a tail. If you wanna just pwn in PvP, you need friends, a solid faction, and gear. Not ... a stupid class selection..

Now fail more noob. ... Time is ticking...

P.S. Now isn't my advice better than all the **** you been hearing?

• Gbvbgfb - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Dude seriously, you could have been level 10 with an Untamed Barbarian pwning other level 1 noobs... but no...

Your stuck here arguing at what **** and **** about deciding on a perfect PvPer. Seriously, is it worth it to have idiots arguing over what kind of stupid toon for good for you. Wait.. this archer says archers are the best.. Wait this wizard says wizards are best!!

Basically, all your getting is crappy biased opinions becauses classes are nicely balanced in PvP provided you work in a team. Well if you wanna hax damage, go spend $200 on a Phoenix pet and be a girl with a tail. If you wanna just pwn in PvP, you need friends, a solid faction, and gear. Not ... a stupid class selection..

Now fail more noob. ... Time is ticking...

P.S. Now isn't my advice better than all the **** you been hearing?

wow isntead of being a smartass and calling other people noobs...you shuld open your eyes...perfect world is everything but blanced rofl...

and if you dont know it yet means your not high enough
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    wow isntead of being a smartass and calling other people noobs...you shuld open your eyes...perfect world is everything but blanced rofl...

and if you dont know it yet means your not high enough

Again, wasting your time.. whatever man. I'll see you in a week still not have created a character..

Whatever, noob, it's your character, do whatever dumb thing you like.

• Korla - Sanctuary
    Korla - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    my advice is probably an archer suites u best. decent damage compared to wizzards but fast attacks, which means the faster ppl drop.only thing that archers would have problems would probably be barbs, but otherwise i'd think archers would be the one youll probably like best.
  • avainix
    avainix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ok i mostly agree with loyd, if we venos have a phenix..and you PvP us....unless your ridiculously higher lv than us....byebyeb:bye. But if we don't we're still VERY effieciant in PvE, cuz we're MADE for soloing. but normal pets die in like 3 hits from real people...and if our pets die...and we don't have back up then we WILL die, VERY easily.b:cry i die in like 3 hits (from a monster 4 lvs weaker than me) venos usually don't have a pet dieing problem since we can heal them (yeah if you chose veno...watch where your going you can solo..but only ONE monster at a time). We are considered the fastest lvlers because we don't have to wait every 2-3 battles to heal. (i always meditate while my pet if fighting for me XD) so we can fight 24/7. people are always saying we make the most money...you know this is really just luck (cuz i have PATHETIC luck with drops). but we are the best money SAVERS, thats why we always have money. we don't need repairs, cuz duh XD we don't get hit and we don't go hitting monsters on the head with our magic wand that has low physical attack XD. we don't really need pots (cuz like i said, we can heal in battle) the only pots we really need is mana ones the hp one...your gunna be spending you time RUNNING if you can't hadle the mob, not wasting hp potions. once you get to a higher lv though you should be getting better at hadnling your veno so things should get even easir than they already are. (but downside is this character gets pretty boring, the same spells over and over agian)
  • avainix
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ok next archer,....THEY ARE AWSOME!! can't tell you how many times an archer saved my butt...and STILL do. they can one hit monsters easily and they barely have to moved from the spot their standing in. just make sure you buiild a strong one. (most points into dex). sure they have poor defence, but thats why their long range and are fast hitters, and their power MORE than makes up for it. downside is their pretty expensive cuz of their arrows and they need to keep up with the next strongest weapon and armor.
  • avainix
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wizards are REALLY fun to play, they have such a diverse range in spells and are the hardest magic hitters. They don't really need repairs (since their a magic user) the are long distance (but second in best to archers) but there raw magic power makes up for that. at a higher lv they are POWERFUL they take some patience to get to super high lvs but the starting is pretty easy. they defence....uhh..hehe...lets just say theres a reason they have magic sheilds...that don't really do much but are usefull none the less (don't waste your sp lving them though, cuz its NOT worth it) the do need pots however...for some reason i use hp more than mana i think its because i get injured more easily and by the time i regain my hp my manas LONG recovered(probably since were suppose to be using TONS of mana for spells which is why our mana bar fills quickly and is larger) you'll porbably need those mana pots later on though (cuz iv seen the mana consumption for other higher lv spells...and they almost made my eyes pop out)
  • avainix
    edited April 2009
    Options
    k clerics, people always say their weak...they are NOT weak iv seen some of them...and O_o. doctors have never been so scary>.<. you don't wanna mess with the people who help revive you when your dead and buff you so you DON"T die. they do have low physical def, but thats what their buffs are for (no they are noth just there to look pretty...although they do XD) if you lv up the right spells you could beat tankers and melee damage ones easy (partially beacause they have low magical diffence [ please keep in mind that you will have low physical diffence] but since your long distance if you lv up he right spells you can kill them quickly before they reach you..to kill you in about 2-3 hits)

by the way to the people who like killing clerics JUST because you think their weak...don't go crying to them when your high lv (and have to spend TONS of time grinding for 1% exp) and you die at 99% till you next lv and none of the cliercs want to revive you cuz they hate you.XD i love clerics, this one guy helped revive me ...although this other guy stole my drops that i really wanted but couldn't get cuz i was dead >.<. well at least i didn't loose tons of hard earned exp XD, since then clerics hold a very high place in my book...ok that time and all the times they buffed me when they saw i was meditating near the teloporter because i died (they're such good people T.T)...well most are a select few are mean and ignore you >.<
  • avainix
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ok next is barbarians (my friend is one and we talk about our characters alot)

from what i have learned they are the BEST tankers they can fight monster 6 lvs higher than them. they are strong and are used in partys cuz there thet best tankers the have realy strong attacks and look awsomely dangerous (ok im a girl and i love teasing my friend so i often call him cute adorible nicknames (well i really love animals so i can't help it XD) they do have to spend TONs of money on repairs though since they do get hit and do hit with their weapon since their a melee type. pots, especially hp ones are a MUST have.

This is deffinatly the type you want if you like supernatural and love hitting things (like my war crazy and and wolf loving friend..well "aquantice" since he said we're NOT friends >.< boooo)...he actually ditched me once cuz he was reading the book on the art of war...and then brought the book to school to PROVE he ditched me for a book on the art of war. >.<
  • avainix
    edited April 2009
    Options
    and finnaly blademaster...i actually don't find many that are really friendly.... but i do have a good blademaster friend on there xD turns out i have the same name as his daughter XD)

ok about the same prenciple as barbarians except they look human and their attacks are...kinda pretty looking (barbarians are more burtal and savageish which some people find awsome xD) blademasters to me look cool and strong at the same time. they hit HARD but their repairs are very cruel >.< and so are their pots very fun to play if you:

A. like killing things
    B. like to cool hitting things XD
    C. want to have a wider spell diversity
    D. like to be able to slash at their opponent ALOT (with flashing colors XD)

...and thats all i know about blademasters...aside for the few tried to talk to and they kinda ignored me or tried to duel me cuz i offended them or something >.> (yeah most people thought i was playing stupid with them...no im really this dense, if you want to insult me for something i did please point it out directly otherwise i haven't the slightest idea what your saying and your insults are getting twisted into gibberish)
  • avainix
    edited April 2009
    Options
    well thats all i know, i wanted to split everything up cuz everytime i see SO many words in ONE post...it takes me DAYS battleing my brain and forcing myself to read all of it because someone probably worked hard to post it.

i tend to like to stay AWAY from all th statistics and stuff cus those are said everywhere and...are kinda hard to understand for a noob...in the end i got even more confused on what to choose. i was doing this for a week "i want this one...but this one has better stats...i think"...but this ones good too T.T"

i though it would be easier to sum it all up in a couple peoples perspective wise to kinda get a better picture of what your signing up for. XD
  • avainix
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ok and for your actuall answer XD if you want to own in war ...this is kinda a group effort... but heres what I (I not OTHERS, this is JUST and oppinion XD) these are some things i think about each class in wars:

clerics:...needless to say they keep you from dieing and hit pretty hard

archer: i think this one really shines with their long range and fast hits

veno:...can fight one at a time

barbarian: RECAMENDED to fight one at a time

blademaster: like i said hard hiters...IF you can get close to them

Wizards: sadly this is the one that need the most patience with, BUT DEFINATLY WORTH IT in the end. they have STRONG( strong is kinda an understatement) spells that hit MULTIPLE per hit..if you wanna own i recamend this one. even though they have low hp...chances are the opponent wont get close enough to kill the before they die in a hit. T.T archers are kinda the only ones who have a chance at hitting them since they have longer range...if they can hit them faster then the wizard can cast...and since a wizards (most recamended lving spells) are starter one that take like a second to cast each...not looking good for the archer...especially since they have low hp too and pretty much low magic defence too (they spend all points on dex which is good agianst mellee since their dodge rate is HIGH), but unfortunatly magic ALWAYS hits its impossible to dodge spells unless you stay out of their range.
  • avainix
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ops forgot to mention that even though archers are the fastest hitters...please keep in mind that they have to click EVERY SINGLE person per kill (wizards are better for MULTIPLE kills at once)...unless your like a clicking master. past the giant pets of venos that really get on my nerves sometimes (even though i love my golem...it really ticks me off when i can't hit what im trying to kill because i can't click on the stupid thing >.<)
  • avainix
    edited April 2009
    Options
    by the way multiple kill spells are the ones that COST you, BADLY but do take damage equal to its price.
  • sage0nemage
    sage0nemage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    barbarians are fastest hitters, not archers.
  • Arieannah - Heavens Tear
    Arieannah - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ok FINE, archers are the fastest LONG distance hitters XD
  • Zelfine - Sanctuary
    Zelfine - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wow, thats like 7 posts right there. BMs are the fastest hitters with fists. Archers are the fastest high damage dealer. Barbs are the guys you want protecting your ****. Wizards completely kick **** in PvP, but presumably only in squads. Clerics are support, comes with buffs and heals. Venos are solo class, usually fighting with pets and also damage dealing with their spells. Now Ill say the most expensive classes are Clerics and Barbs. :P Thats prety much the most basic information about class.
    b:bye PW.
    I'll still troll the forums >:D