Anything specific I should know about the Cleric before starting?

foxhound3857
foxhound3857 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
Well, I just got Perfect World, and I've decided to run with a cleric as my first class. I've read some of the guides, and I'd like some opinions before officially kicking off.

First off, which build is recommended? I was planning to go 2Lv = 6Mag, 1 Str, 3 Vit, but I'm hearing that Pure MAG is also a viable build. I want survivability over damage, so I'm opting for the 3 Vit, but I want to hear what everyone has to say first.

Second, what's the best weapon for a Cleric? In particular I'm looking for stable, consistent damage, and it looks like my choice comes down to a Sword or a Wand. Which do you think is best?

Third, any particular gear I should keep my eyes peeled for or try to get as I go through the levels? Funding shouldn't be a problem; a friend of mine said he can support me with up to 3 million in coin. So, anything in particular I might want to shop around for according to level?

That's about it. I may have more questions in the future. Thanks for taking the time to give me your input. :3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We're Pound Puppies; we want to go home with you!
Post edited by foxhound3857 on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Because copying and pasting owns..

Umm... just go for a balance 7 Mag, 2 Vit, 1 Str every 2 lvls...

For skills, choose the ones that you will level up best on.
    Plume Shot (Max it!)
    Great Cyclone (Max it!)
    Spark's Gift (Max it!)
    Ironheart Blessing (Max it!)
    Spark Eruption (Duh? I mean it's only like 19 spirit points or something small)

For equips, find +HP or +Physical Def Arcane equips for PvP. For PvE just stack up +Magic or +Magic Attack items. So you will level faster with more damage so you can get higher lvls to PvP. (After lv 60.. it's kinda different, but just hax your Magic attack to the max before lv 60)

For weapons. Choose the best weapon with the most balanced damage for PvE. Choose the weapon with the highest spike dmg (max dmg.. mostly those Partakas or something... the x9 weapons) Good PvE weapons are the m-swords and wands ( x1 and x4 weapons)...

Basically it doesn't matter what weapon you use, just have the best weapon for your level

And oh yea.... a cleric is mostly going to just support in PvP. Your not the primary DPS unless your Magic-Attack is off the charts with godly equips. Then, still... your mostly going to support lol
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, I just got Perfect World, and I've decided to run with a cleric as my first class. I've read some of the guides, and I'd like some opinions before officially kicking off.

First off, which build is recommended? I was planning to go 2Lv = 6Mag, 1 Str, 3 Vit, but I'm hearing that Pure MAG is also a viable build. I want survivability over damage, so I'm opting for the 3 Vit, but I want to hear what everyone has to say first.

Second, what's the best weapon for a Cleric? In particular I'm looking for stable, consistent damage, and it looks like my choice comes down to a Sword or a Wand. Which do you think is best?

Third, any particular gear I should keep my eyes peeled for or try to get as I go through the levels? Funding shouldn't be a problem; a friend of mine said he can support me with up to 3 million in coin. So, anything in particular I might want to shop around for according to level?

That's about it. I may have more questions in the future. Thanks for taking the time to give me your input. :3
    you should know that zephyr is a fail troll
  • foxhound3857
    edited April 2009
    missqq wrote: »

Can you give me any advice to counter his then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Don't pump vit early on. You can always add it later on if you find it hard to survive. 1 vit = 10hp for clerics, which is lower than other classes. It's preferable to get hp from equipment instead. Add vit only when you have to. You will not play vital support role in squad until lvl 60 dungeons. So up to that point, vit is not a priority, and pure int build is preferable.

One thing to keep an eye on is Wheel of Fate(lvl 43 glaive), costing around 1.5-1.7mil in auction.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/8312
    The extra damage will make it easier to lvl. You should be able to resell it for around the same amount when you outlevel it.

Must-have skills for every cleric are Plume Shot, Cyclone, and Ironheart Blessing. Look at stickied guides for more info.
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you run PvP server, aim for ~90-100 base vit. PvE go for ~70 vit. Achieve those goals at around lv75-80. Pump min str and rest into int.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would think alot of the stats like VIT would depend on what your server is PvP or PvE like how SATII stated. Hell in PvE you can live with 20 or so VIT and your pretty much fine. (alot of times youll get extra VIT from gear stats)
    Pure MAG is viable yes. But youll need skill and money to make up for the loss in DEF/HP. I personally am pure MAG build and the dmg is really fun but I wouldnt recommend it. There are just situations where skill alone just wont cut it and youll have to start spending good money on your gears than the cleric next to you who has 70 VIT. If you want survivability over dmg then the 3vit probably would be nice. When you start making extra monies, you can always refine your gear for some +attack later.
    Basically it doesn't matter what weapon you use, just have the best weapon for your level
    The above really sums it up, seriously. After maybe lv70, youll get the option of choosing from weapons that have VERY similar stats but lean to different builds. The weapons maybe diff. but you really just end up looking at their base stats and their extra stats regardless of it being a magic sword, wand, or glaive.
    Youll know once your in the game but dont waste BUYing 2-3 star gears before Lv30 (unless they drop off mobs) because youll be whizzing past that lv.
    Most of the 'special' gears you should keep watch for are above Lv50s and 60s. (legendary, TT, molds)
    Another thing as a mage class you could keep watch for are any gears with stats of MAG, -%channeling, or for some pple physical DEF+.
    MAG and DEF are fairly common. If your lucky you can find some gear that has them double stat-ed. -%channeling is a stat that costs a ton. (-3% -6% -9%) They are prized because they stack and are usually on ornament gears starting from around lv30s or 40s.
    As full MAG cleric if you stack them and attack its a fast cast but it kills your dmg. If your in a support role, then these stats are really good. They can decrease your casting time from 1-3sec. depending on the amount you have stacked on you. Youll have to surf the auction or catshop from time to time to find a good deal on this. (Or craft one yourself if your uber lucky)

Also remember to be self sufficient and try to gather herbs and use the apothecary craft skills. You can use MP/HP charms if you have cash flowing out of your **** (they cost 350k-400k each) but if not, herb meds will save you tons of money. Many of them have diff. uses and may help you in "OH SH*T!" times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Can you give me any advice to counter his then?

Ignore missqq, if mods were around he would have a banned status under his name. Obviously a kid with minimun attention from his parents, pathetic.

Zephyrx's post was fine, it gave you the basics but do take a look into guides on the sticky threads, they will come in handy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    missqq wrote: »

Spoken from a failed troll... I'm afraid you have to try harder.

It's like playing horse.. except you failed at losing the game. So you only become a HOR
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • foxhound3857
    edited April 2009
    Okay, well I couldn't make up my mind at the moment, so I'm currently going 2 Lv = 7 Mag, 1 Str, 2 Vit. I can adjust this later if necessary.

I was going to go Blacksmith for my Manufacturing skill, but if you say Apothecary is the best choice, I'll go with that. Thanks much. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Okay, well I couldn't make up my mind at the moment, so I'm currently going 2 Lv = 7 Mag, 1 Str, 2 Vit. I can adjust this later if necessary.

I was going to go Blacksmith for my Manufacturing skill, but if you say Apothecary is the best choice, I'll go with that. Thanks much. =P
    As long as you keep on gathering materials for craft and herbs for apoth, you can most likely lvl both up at the same pace. Materials for Blacksmith, Craftsman, Tailor can be bought in the cashshop if you choose too. (yes you might waste money)

Blacksmith, Craftsman, Tailor are basically crafts that you use when making TT, legendary, or mold items. Which is like.... 5-6 a month if not less, this including you and your friends. If you are aiming to craft for particular items that are saught after in quests, thats another story.
    Apoth is just the most handy craft, you use it alot. Its like a spoon and a fork compared to a rolex watch.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There are only 1 builds for a cleric,

Pure INT and Hybird nothing else.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol my last post didn't make sence *eats a timtam*
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Stable build, a good choice, just don't burn your brains with the FAC and FSC guides.

You can basically learn and lvl all manufacturing skills, the problem would be that you would need more mats than you can bear in oder to keep things going, so it's better to stick with just one manufacturing skill and yes I would strongly recommend apothecary, it will make life easier for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foxhound3857
    edited April 2009
    Well, currently I'm Lv20 with 150k saved up, and I just got my Trial Wand from fb19. And I have to ask, having looked at the Trial weapons for all classes...is it just me, or do the Clerics get the short end (a REALLY short end) of the stick with their Trial weapon when compared to, say, the Venomancer? This seems like only half the weapon that the Trial Pataka is.

Haven't had to spend any huge money in the shops or the auction house yet, but I'm wondering when would be a good time to invest in two-star or three-star robes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wmdpurifier - Sanctuary
    Wmdpurifier - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well it depends.....buying 2-3 star robes will depend on how badly u need them and if u got the right stats in the right places.....i mean...if u really are having probs surviving then try and get them yes...but at ur level u shouldn't be to fused....u should mainly aim at getting up to higher levels....who knows...u could FIND one....and that would mean no money spent...and free is good ^^

and about trail stuff....um....can some one answer her cos i never really compared the stuff.
  • foxhound3857
    edited April 2009
    well it depends.....buying 2-3 star robes will depend on how badly u need them and if u got the right stats in the right places.....i mean...if u really are having probs surviving then try and get them yes...but at ur level u shouldn't be to fused....u should mainly aim at getting up to higher levels....who knows...u could FIND one....and that would mean no money spent...and free is good ^^

and about trail stuff....um....can some one answer her cos i never really compared the stuff.

Her? I'm a guy. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Clerics are a huge ripoff at all points in the game so I wouldn't recommend any crafting, unless you have no friends whatsoever that can make things for you. I'm sure 90% of the community would love to make items for you, as long as you provide the mats, so they can level their crafting for free.

Also, because of the above fact, don't get any skills you don't need. I wouldn't even bother learning razor feathers, and leave everything other than plume shot, plume shell, whirlwind, ironheart, and your buffs at level 1. Purify and Revive are important as well later on, but really you don't need to level either of them until about level 60.
  • foxhound3857
    edited April 2009
    The skills that I'm actively leveling whenever I can.

Plume Shot.
    Whirlwind.
    Ironheart Blessing.
    Flight Mastery.
    Vanguard Spirit.
    Magic Shell.
    Plume Shell.

The skills that I have, but am leaving at level 1 for the time being.

Wellspring Surge.
    Revive.

P.S: What do you mean by Clerics being a huge ripoff at all points of the game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teru - Lost City
    Teru - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The skills that I'm actively leveling whenever I can.

Plume Shot.
    Whirlwind.
    Ironheart Blessing.
    Flight Mastery.
    Vanguard Spirit.
    Magic Shell.
    Plume Shell.

The skills that I have, but am leaving at level 1 for the time being.

Wellspring Surge.
    Revive.

P.S: What do you mean by Clerics being a huge ripoff at all points of the game?

You seem to be doing well on your skill choices, but there is no need to level flight mastery. You can easily afford cash shop wings later on, which the flight mastery does not affect.

If you are going for a support cleric, I highly suggest these skills to be maxed as soon as possible:

Ironheart
    Wellspring
    Cyclone (which I think you called Whirlwind)
    Plume shot
    All of your buffs (the mp regen one is less important, so leave that to last)
    Resurrect (if you want to be extra useful to have around)

These are skills important later:

Purify (need to level to at least lvl 5 after you are 60. I have mine maxed)
    Plume shell (very nice for survival especially if you are on a PvP server)
    Party Heal (I have this at lvl 5. It's useful for later fbs and HH)
    Party Buffs (get these as soon as you can. again, leave the mp regen to last)
    Regen Aura aka: Blue bubble (very important for HH runs. get this as soon as you can at level 60. You need this to be a functional cleric in HH)

Other skills:

Metal Mastery (no rush to level this one, although once you have it maxed, it is wonderful for your cyclone attack and other attacks if you choose to level them. I only have Plume shot and cyclone maxed.)
    Elemental Seal (Max this when you are at higher levels, maybe 70+ if you are on PvP server or intend to do TW. It's decent for use on bosses, too)
    Chromatic Seal (Again, level this to at least lvl 7 if you plan on doing PvP or TW)
    Silence Seal (kinda useful in PvP, but level chromatic seal first)
    Wield Thunder (definitely max this later on if you plan to do a lot of PvP. Other than that, I don't find it useful at all.)

I'm not bothering leveling these unless I run out of things to level/spend money on:

Tempest (it's pretty, it looks cool, but way too expensive and not worth it for a long time)
    Stream of Rejuvination
    Blessing of the Purehearted (stupid skill, in my opinion)
    Dimensional Seal (You're magic based, don't level this)
    Thunderball (worthless in my opinion)
    Siren's Kiss (pretty but again, worthless in my opinion)

As for Manufacturing skills, I have all of mine at level 6 right now. I only did it for fun. Apothecary is most important to have. There are plenty of people willing to craft you the things you need, so long as you provide the mats.

As for gear, don't worry about spending a lot on gear right now. I went until level 60 with gear that dropped from mobs or that I got from quests. After that, I went for mostly 3 star gear with hp/phys def stats. Mag is good to have as an added stat if you put a lot of points into vit.

After you hit level 70, I would suggest putting average hp shards in your gear (so long as it's good gear). I only shard 3 star gear, really.

I used mostly glaives as a wep until level 60, when I got my HH magic sword. Put mag attack shards in that when you get it.

I hope I didn't miss anything. It is pretty late and I'm tired :P I know a lot of the things I said aren't applicable to you right now, but it is good to know a little about what you want to do for later on in the game if you plan on playing for very long.

Good luck!
    :D
    edited April 2009
    Well, currently I'm Lv20 with 150k saved up, and I just got my Trial Wand from fb19. And I have to ask, having looked at the Trial weapons for all classes...is it just me, or do the Clerics get the short end (a REALLY short end) of the stick with their Trial weapon when compared to, say, the Venomancer? This seems like only half the weapon that the Trial Pataka is.

Haven't had to spend any huge money in the shops or the auction house yet, but I'm wondering when would be a good time to invest in two-star or three-star robes.
    I think I used my trial wand from FB19 until the 30s o_o; I thought it was quite good compared to the other cleric weapons that were available. Then again, I really didnt look at the other classes at that time...

For 2-3 star gears, dont even look at them till your a good Lv 30s. Most of them arent worth it, and youll whiz past those lvls in no time. Youll end up just 'borrowing' them from the auction house only to relist them a couple days later, and might loose some money in the process (and sometimes youll have to relist more than once cause they dont sell as well) I know its tempting.... But once you get around your 50s and look back at yourself, you wont be crying.
  • foxhound3857
    edited April 2009
    Don't upgrade Flight Mastery? What if I choose not to buy the cash shop wings later, though? Are they that much faster than natural wings even with maxed flight mastery?

P.S: I have 300k to work with at the moment. I've been saving pretty much all I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teru - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Don't upgrade Flight Mastery? What if I choose not to buy the cash shop wings later, though? Are they that much faster than natural wings even with maxed flight mastery?

P.S: I have 300k to work with at the moment. I've been saving pretty much all I can.

They are MUCH faster than the white wings if you upgrade them. Very worth it in my opinion :) At higher levels you definitely will be able to afford cash shop wings if you are smart with your money. But, if you don't think you will be getting cash shop wings for a very long time, go ahead and level flight mastery. I only said to not level it to save you some spirit points. :)

Maxed Flight mastery will make your wings go 1.0 speed, while maxed cash shop wings will go 3.0 speed. Also, this isn't a big deal for clerics because of our high mana regen rate, but those white wings you have consume mana as you fly. So, for archers they don't work so well.
  • foxhound3857
    edited April 2009
    SP isn't a big problem for me right now; I only upgrade Flight mastery if I have excess to work with after getting my main skills.

How much do cash shop wings cost (in coin)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Maxed Flight mastery will make your wings go 1.0 speed, while maxed cash shop wings will go 3.0 speed.
    Flight mastery makes 2.0 speed. But, that's more important for pvp, white wings do not have acceleration.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I maxed flight mastery simply because I like the way the white wings look compared to the cash shop wings... LOL Plus the 2.0 speed is pretty nice. If I need to get there any faster I just use my mount if it's a fairly straight shot. ^^

If they ever release the Hallucinatory Mist wings, I'll probably regret maxing it, but oh well. XD
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What do those wings look like?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • NaturalSin - Heavens Tear
    NaturalSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hmm...alot of your questions are answered here but Ill add my 2 cents anyway. For your build 1 Vit and the rest into mag is fine. Just make sure to have enough strength for your armor and weapons. You'll get the trial wand at lvl 19(lol...i used mine well into my 30's). Level up all of your manufacturing skills...this will help you soo much and will pay off throughout your gaming experience. If people tell you to shard your Equipment...dont until you're around 50-ish because leveling until then is way too easy. Instead max out the skills you want. Get plume and cyclone maxed as early as possible as well as your buffs. Save up as much $$$ as you can. There's alot more but meh...it'll come to you :) Just be wise with your skills is all. Enjoy!
  • Teru - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    SP isn't a big problem for me right now; I only upgrade Flight mastery if I have excess to work with after getting my main skills.

How much do cash shop wings cost (in coin)?

xD I apologize for the wrong information of white wing speed. I guess I was off by a little bit :P

Well, I have the glitter flap butterfly wings. They cost me 600k to purchase at the normal speed, which is half as much as they should cost, but if you look you can find any wings for cheaper than normal. They are 1.5 speed originally. Then I upgraded them to 3.0 speed. This cost about... 2 mil. To me, it's worth it because the wings are pretty, they go fast, and they can accelerate to 5.0 when I'm in a bit of a tough spot. Like I said, you can wait until a higher level to get cash shop wings. They aren't necessary, but useful especially when you are 70+ and doing your world quest (which requires you to fly all the way across the map most of the time).
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I maxed flight mastery simply because I like the way the white wings look compared to the cash shop wings... LOL Plus the 2.0 speed is pretty nice. If I need to get there any faster I just use my mount if it's a fairly straight shot. ^^

If they ever release the Hallucinatory Mist wings, I'll probably regret maxing it, but oh well. XD

That looks better than the latest Butterfly Wings we got and the req. is 20 like Human sword.

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/flight-e.php

This would be better replacment for the butterfly wings it would help Archers out as wll those 20+.I prefer them better over the eagle wings not sure about Daedulas or Watcher of the Skies.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Things to keep in mind while playing a cleric:

1. Cleric costs a lot of cash to run effectively later on in the game.

By this I mean Twilight Temple runs that require Regeneration Aura. That skill is described as 500 mana every 5 seconds; in terms, 100 mana a second. Weither you are using a boutique charm or potions, that cost is a huge drain.

2. The needs of the server you play on.

If you play a PvP server, I agree, get more vit for later on. PvE, I rather like 50 vit and using HP shards in my armor to survive Soul Banisher and Lord of Percussion's area of effect spells.

3. Use your spirit as you see fit.

Grab the skills you want first according to the type of player you are. At level 80, I've got nearly every single spell maxed out that is available to me. I see players are telling you to not use spirit in Flight Mastery. If you are looking to only use white wings, do it. If you rely on boutique wings, make sure you have a nice supply of chi stones (not mirages) to restore your haste. Depending on what wings you get, you might only have a .5 to a 2.5 k/s increase without upgrading . This is where white wings are better if you cannot afford the other wings readily.

4. Dishing out the damage and affordability.

Magic swords and wands have the best balance of damage. Glaive and Patakas are byt far the hardest hitting, but hit the lowest as well. I went +6 glaive at 79; this offered me my lowest hit being that of the TT80 sword unrefined and max hit of an unrefined TT90 glaive.

5. Finding your mix.

I read guides before I started to play my cleric in the end, I didn't really follow any of the builds. I put in strength when needed, added vitality around level 50. Mobs started to hit me a bit too hard then without that VIT. Everything else is pumped into magic. That's my playing style and I learned to play that build well. You're useless if you go with a build you simply are unable to play.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]