Hay and Cage

depliant
depliant Posts: 49 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Anyone know where to get Hay and the Pet Cage for the pet bag expansion quest?
I've been pondering over it for a few days now...
I can't find them anywhere... Not that I've looked much DX
If you could help me, it'd be great
-Depliant
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pecori
level 1X venomancer
Uriel
level 1X cleric (male)
Pec
level X panda :D
Post edited by depliant on

Comments

• kittyeatsushi
    kittyeatsushi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The hay is a pretty rare drop from a few types of monsters. The mobs that drop it most often are the lvl 30 Infant Pups, and the lvl 22 Rhinodrake things. Cages are a cash shop item, that you can buy with munies ^^
  • hebemi
    hebemi Posts: 2
    edited August 2008
    :):DThe Highlands Tortises lv 8 water creatures drop hay from time to time the trick for them is to just keep killing them over and over from what i have seen every 30 or so tortises drop a single hay:D:)
  • darkneko
    darkneko Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The hay is a pretty rare drop from a few types of monsters. The mobs that drop it most often are the lvl 30 Infant Pups, and the lvl 22 Rhinodrake things. Cages are a cash shop item, that you can buy with munies ^^

What do you mean by "you can buy with munies"? Do you mean that you have to buy the cage with ACTUAL money or just with GP?
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    darkneko wrote: »
    What do you mean by "you can buy with munies"? Do you mean that you have to buy the cage with ACTUAL money or just with GP?
    You can buy ZEN for actual money and then spend it in game 100 Zen=1 gold.The only hay i ever got was 1 from high land tortise which wasnt really mine the guy missed it so picked it up :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    the whole hay quest is ridiculos...
    after 2h of constant killing turtles i found 3 hay. for quest you need 20. do you really expect me to sit there killing them for 13h????????
    and the cage yeah... one simple cage. just come and spent you real money and your problem is solved. you dont want to? then good luck with hay hunting. ive seen many ppl making shops and offering 10k-20k just for one hay. thats a hit under the belt.... :mad:
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    irbis wrote: »
    the whole hay quest is ridiculos...
    after 2h of constant killing turtles i found 3 hay. for quest you need 20. do you really expect me to sit there killing them for 13h????????
    and the cage yeah... one simple cage. just come and spent you real money and your problem is solved. you dont want to? then good luck with hay hunting. ive seen many ppl making shops and offering 10k-20k just for one hay. thats a hit under the belt.... :mad:
    bot.........................................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • godlike2008
    godlike2008 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Ermm that sucks, in order to complete a quest you HAVE to pay real money for the cage?
    That kinda defeats the object of f2p if you can't complete a quest without paying i would not mind if you could perhaps find a cage from somewhere.
  • irbis
    edited August 2008
    Ermm that sucks, in order to complete a quest you HAVE to pay real money for the cage?
    That kinda defeats the object of f2p if you can't complete a quest without paying i would not mind if you could perhaps find a cage from somewhere.
    as i said... you CAN go for hay but be prepared to waste a whole day getting the right amount
    -severan
  • pxragez0r
    pxragez0r Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lv30 infant pups, I get about 1 per 5 kills.. about 30sec/kill = 1/2min

so about 30 per hour..

Coords: Lake of Sky, 433 556
    ~ hungry for c00kies ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irbis
    edited August 2008
    maaan if this is true i simle love you *_* ill go right away and check it
    -severan
  • darkneko
    darkneko Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    pxragez0r wrote: »

so about 30 per hour..

I appreciate the info, but that's still not fair. Because you're still forced to spend enough time leveling up just to take out the Pups for some hay.

*sigh* oh well, it's not as bad as buying a cage I suppose. At least this way you gain levels which you need anyway AND get hay.

Thanks for the info :D
  • hebemi
    hebemi Posts: 2
    edited September 2008

so about 30 per hour..

yea if you can find the pup and not have someone steal your kill or even worse there are lots around your target they steal your drop , mages have troubel killing there target and then getting to the drop since mages are glass canons, kill from distance or become somethings dinner:D lol you also have to be able to survive killing the mob to get the reward
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2008

This quest is not like all the others and does not have to be completed. It does not accord any XP or anything else except extending your Pet Backpack. It is not necessary to do so, unless you are a Venomancer and want more than two pets.
  • Mimelle - Lost City
    Mimelle - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Being Venomancer means you MUST have more slots. I got 3 hay in less than 30 mins from 8 lvl turtles. Now my Veno will move to the antilopes or whatever it is lvl 20 in Elven lands. Not much of a trouble really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittychan - Heavens Tear
    Kittychan - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    darkneko wrote: »
    I appreciate the info, but that's still not fair. Because you're still forced to spend enough time leveling up just to take out the Pups for some hay.

*sigh* oh well, it's not as bad as buying a cage I suppose. At least this way you gain levels which you need anyway AND get hay.

Thanks for the info :D

You can also buy cages/hay from other players if you don't want to spend real money or kill mobs for hay yourself^^
  • Tinar - Heavens Tear
    Tinar - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    fireblood wrote: »

Bot is bot allowed in this game? I haven't seen any tread on bot.
    Tinar - 7lv archer
    Tiam - 18lv Venomancer
  • Tinar - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008

so about 30 per hour..

Good info, but my Veno is level 17 .. so I guess it's the dum turtle for me.
    Tinar - 7lv archer
    Tiam - 18lv Venomancer
  • Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    Chiraz - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You don't need the extra slots badly, one water and one land pet should be enough for a while.
  • Tinar - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    You don't need the extra slots badly, one water and one land pet should be enough for a while.

I understand that one land ans one water is enough for start. But I'm affraid of loosing all the effort I place on my woulfy, If I return it to egg shell, will it loose it's new level and gained xp?
    Tinar - 7lv archer
    Tiam - 18lv Venomancer
  • vydget
    vydget Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    for a list of mobs that drop hay: http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/9757

if you put your pet back in egg, it just loses Loyalty, and won't gain xp.
    I read that low level pets gain better stats the getting higher level pets all the time. But low level pets have low level skills which you have to upgrade or buy new skills for.

after the hay quest, you have to get fruit.

Hope this helps
  • Izmaster - Lost City
    Izmaster - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    fireblood wrote: »

Not the smartest thing to say on the official forum
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I understand that one land ans one water is enough for start. But I'm affraid of loosing all the effort I place on my woulfy, If I return it to egg shell, will it loose it's new level and gained xp?

I would recommend one land and one air (Golem and Sawfly) - there are not that many quests in the water anyway...

With regards to returning to pet egg, the level and XP of the pet is not lost, only the loyalty it has t you - so you don't lose the hard work you put into levelling your pet up :).
  • vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009

so about 30 per hour..

b:victory
    Thanks alot.. This is what i call.. An Answer!
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)
  • Zi_jiotuie - Sanctuary
    Zi_jiotuie - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    depliant wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get Hay and the Pet Cage for the pet bag expansion quest?
    I've been pondering over it for a few days now...
    I can't find them anywhere... Not that I've looked much DX
    If you could help me, it'd be great

Cage is real money from the boutique shop, hay is -- turtles -- takes forever to get the amount. I did it once, now when I don't need it I get drops from different monsters. Wanna spend the coin try the AH.
  • OhSheah - Heavens Tear
    OhSheah - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ..................................................it...super...........HARDDD
  • shutgun
    shutgun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Longhorned Carapests (I think that's what they're called) near Winged Elfs FB19 drop hay all the time ^^ Be there and squad ppl xD And then pick up all hay O.o
  • Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver
    Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I am on the same quest and I am killing antelope pups by the silver pool I have 10/20 hay and that took me 3 hours. guess 3 more hours of killing antelope pups
  • DreMae - Sanctuary
    DreMae - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Great to know that those are the options. :) glad someone spent the time to reply to this thread
  • Giniro_washi - Dreamweaver
    Giniro_washi - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    But the rhinos near arch are dropping hay often o.o Turtles are dropping hay and meat too, but... in years.. and the rhinos on broken bow are dropping meat, dunno `bout hay ^^
    Moshimo futari deae nakereba
    Konna fuu ni warae nakatta
    [SIGPIC]http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/Lenore_the_wild_cat/Draw_With_Me__Valentines__by_Mik-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Kotoshi ichiban shiawase na no wa
    Anata no soba ni ireta koto
  • michael2108
    michael2108 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've had good success with hay dropping from antelope pups near the Shining Pool area.