Myriad Rainbow & Myriad Rainbow Venomancer

Options
littlemoya
littlemoya Posts: 79 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Venomancer
If someone has experience with the above skills, can you please help clarify what is the difference between the two?

Do you have to be in human form to use one and fox form to use the other?

Since it falls under the active curse category, does it then nullify amplify damage and other curses if casted?

Thanks in advance for any guidance offeredb:thanks
Post edited by littlemoya on

Comments

• XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I do not have experience using these skills, but this might help you.

http://janelh.wikidot.com/new-skills

Yao Jing is the venomancer
  • littlemoya
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thanks Kia for the link, it does help clarify one is for fox and one is for human form. Just don't want to waste apoc pages for the one I don't plan on using.

But if someone has experience with these, maybe share with us are these skills useful PVP? The effect of armor break sounds awfully niceb:dirty
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yes i would also like to hear a response from people with personal experience in this skill, but in the mean time, here's something to read :P
    Pepper the air with scarabs. All targets in range of 15 meters have a chance to be affected by various status ailments.
    Bleed: 4,500 physical damage over time.
    Poison: 4,500 Wood damage over time.
    Armor break: Physical defense reduces by 100%.
    Mind break: Magic defense reduces by 100%.
    Lasts 9 seconds.

Tip: The total number of status ailments caused to targets varies randomly.

Requires 20 Chi.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that the human version doesn't AoE yet the fox one does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thats true, the human one is single target, and the fox one is AOE, and has a fairly wide range. Sometime today Ill find a veno who has one or both skills and post pics unless someone beats me to it :P
  • Desolate - Lost City
    Desolate - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    There's also a chance that nothing will occur when you use it. And it stacks with Amplify, so you can use amplify first then use Myriad.
  • Desolate - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'll just post this here for reference, since using search this thread would show up most of the time when looking for these skills. (I think the word 'skills' omitted when I searched this subforum) I originally had a video uploaded with at least two of the skills, but my YT account was banned. So I remade it this time once I managed to get the third skill with my old veno on MY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3R1pF-zoLs
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'll just post this here for reference, since using search this thread would show up most of the time when looking for these skills. (I think the word 'skills' omitted when I searched this subforum) I originally had a video uploaded with at least two of the skills, but my YT account was banned. So I remade it this time once I managed to get the third skill with my old veno on MY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3R1pF-zoLs

Tyvm, that explains it all. b:thanks
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Where are those practice target posts you were using to show the spellcasting animations?
    edited April 2009
    Options
    necro'ing dead threads should be bannable >_>;
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that the human version doesn't AoE yet the fox one does

Thats true, the human one is single target, and the fox one is AOE, and has a fairly wide range. Sometime today Ill find a veno who has one or both skills and post pics unless someone beats me to it :P .

This two statements made me wonder. I have both skills but are not in to pvp. So only time i use Myriad is in human form when i aoe farm.
    I went out trying to be sure and human form myriad is sertenly working on multiple targets on same cast.

But even if it works is not very useful and it cost a wopping 800 mp to cast. And it rarely sticks on many targets.
    So if your not in to pvp this is a skill you can live without.
  • Desolate - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Where are those practice target posts you were using to show the spellcasting animations?

Those are inside the arena instances that are still under construction here. :/
  • Desolate - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I went out trying to be sure and human form myriad is sertenly working on multiple targets on same cast.

I'll try testing out when I have time. While the mobs I were at chain aggro, I didn't see any status change to the mobs near to the target but that was a limited amount of tries. While I checked ecatomb's description before using the skill, it seems like it contradicts to what pwdatabase has to say about it: http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/19784.

So far the description on the books given in MY for this skill says that it hits a singular target, then hits the target within 15 meters..:
    rainbow.png
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    necro'ing dead threads should be bannable >_>;

Trolling and flaming should be too. This thread was started 15 April. How is that old? This thread is a whopping 2 weeks old... WOW thats old b:chuckle
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yeah and if its been inactive that long, it should be left inactive. no point in necroing dead threads.
  • Desolate - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yeah and if its been inactive that long, it should be left inactive. no point in necroing dead threads.

This is why I edited my first response here; I do not want to derail a topic. The same way you don't like multiple threads on the same subject or query - I'm not particularly fond of them either, but it's inevitable. People will use search and keywords will be left out or they just won't use the function at all - whether they know about it or not. (Try searching using keywords like 'level 79 skills' to see what shows up.) If they try searching the skills by name, this thread and about 10+ others will show up.

I posted the link here since the threadstarter and other posters shared their knowledge here. Right now, most of the information that player is looking regarding these skills is in one thread and might reduce the amount of duplicate topics, because you may have to read through quite a few, even if you narrow them down by 'view posts only'. And that could be quite frustrating. That's why I posted here.
    There's a link in mihai's venomancer f.a.q., but it's dead from the youtube ban.

If this thread was a few months or a year old, I would not post here, I would then make a new thread. If you'd like to talk to me about this, please pm me.
  • redonyou
    redonyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Omgz , necro'ing a thread not even a month old -- go for the eyes!!!

Seriously, anyone with both of these skills know if the human form one has a higher % chance to land the conditions? I just got the fox form one and I'm pretty disapointed. It seems to fail and do nothing at all more often than not and just completely waste 800 mp.

So I was just wondering if maybe the fox form 1 just has less of a % chance for each condition to make up for it being AoE.
  • littlemoya
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You mean it doesn't even hit the target or the various bad status just don't get activated at all?

The effect you see is during PVE or PVP?

I got 15 pages now and still saving for the rest. I don't mind wasting 800 mp, but wasting 20 pages is even worstb:surrender
  • redonyou
    redonyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I mean you'll spend 800 mp for these bright distorted rainbow rings to surround the monster in front of you and half the time he doesn't even get 1 condition.

I've only had it for a day now but I definately haven't seen it stack all 4 conditions, although I'm pretty sure I saw 3 once, but far too often you spend 800mp for nothing at all.

This has been in PvE but I don't expect there's any difference.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have the human version and it's rare to see more than two conditions per cast. I barely get 1 ailment per cast. The randomness of this skill is unwarrented. Wizzies have Undine Strike which lowers fire/earth/water res by 60%, costs 600 mp, and always hits. Ours costs more and most of the time I end up with bleed and/or poison.

Add the fact that curses don't stack. I can't even tell when the phys/mag def curse hits sometimes so it gets overridden almost immediately by an Ironwood from me or the cleric using their debuffs. There aren't many skills that lower fire/water/earth res. So wizzies get maximum use out of Undine Strike while we waste 800 mp.

Honestly, I'd rather they get rid of the bleed and poison effects and make the curses always activate.
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This skill is what makes demon venos pretty useless, love that skillb:dirty
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    useless, why? they dont have the same 79 skills?
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    1. necro XD
    2. yes they do have the same lvl79 skills, but she refers to demon ironwood scarab which can cause armourbreak.
    3. this doesn't make demon veno's useless, there are plenty of other usefull skills >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    3. this doesn't make demon veno's useless, there are plenty of other usefull skills >_>

Yep, love their venemous for example. Especially if they use it in Public Quest 95+ b:chuckle
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.