Duke Blacke Lucky Mode

Options

Comments

• Legorend - Heavens Tear
    Legorend - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What I do know is duke blacke is a chinese historical character thats famous for alaways lying, therefore all the hints and tips on what officers will give u the best refine rate is probably false.

haha, i got a message from Duke that read : " Seeing a GM is really a great honor!"

b:chuckle
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    haha, i got a message from Duke that read : " Seeing a GM is really a great honor!"

In clear : good luck getting a GM's attention when you nedd help? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Sometimes I get face pills when I sell to (anykind) merchants. (grinding drops)
    Is that a duke effect? or something else? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Sometimes I get face pills when I sell to (anykind) merchants. (grinding drops)
    Is that a duke effect? or something else? b:question

If you talked to the Duke before and the Duke says so, yes...

If you haven't talk to the Duke and it just randomly gives you face pills. It's asking you to go up to random guys with the ugliest looking face pill and embrace them.

Because true love doesn't matter on beauty :P. If a guy can kiss you while you have a face pill. That guy's a total loser lulz.. but he really loves a big head like you.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Because true love doesn't matter on beauty :P. If a guy can kiss you while you have a face pill. That guy's a total loser lulz.. but he really loves a big head like you.
    I totally gotta try that lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Serengetti - Sanctuary
    Serengetti - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    no, duke blacke is almost equivalent to a dragon orb, actually, in some ways hes better.

Duke Blacke can increase mob drops, increase crafting chance for 2 and 3 stars, increasing chance of refining success, increase lucky pack drop rates as well as lucky packs criting.

He also tells you which npcs will **** u over if u talk to them. Duke Blacke also has hidden quests as well as the chance of giving u 10k coin for no reason.

What I'm trying to have happen is that all my lucky packs become crits. I've got it to work 1 time out of 20 tries cause u need celestone fragments for such a crazy thing to work. However, once it does work, you get stuck in lucky mode till u log off, so rare drops become uncommon drops, easter eggs may be affected is what I'm hoping for. Coupled with the big head pills, maybe, just maybe ill get an extremely rare drop.

What I'm wondering is who else has got the lucky mode to trigger and how many tries did it take after blacke mentioned it.
    i dont get it,why do you need celestones fragments? to activate what crazy thing?but never mind that,i think chances of getting extremly rare drop are the same for everyone,Duke got nothing to do with it,i'm just glad his tips dont cost much,so people dont waste their hard earned money,i tried his tips many times,NEVER worked,only thing i got was 10k from him once
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i dont get it,why do you need celestones fragments? to activate what crazy thing?but never mind that,i think chances of getting extremly rare drop are the same for everyone,Duke got nothing to do with it,i'm just glad his tips dont cost much,so people dont waste their hard earned money,i tried his tips many times,NEVER worked,only thing i got was 10k from him once

Did he feel bad for having taken 10k from you over time? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I haven't tried Duke Blacke yet but I'm a bit skeptical.

Nearly everything I craft comes out 2* so far *without* him. I'd say 75%. And when my husbands char was still at 1x (and had never even been to Archo much less heard of the Duke), he bought some pots at the apothecary and got 10 lvl 60 pots for free. Just... randomly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Serengetti - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i dont have patience to stand there for hours and talk to him,i spend at the most 1000 coins
  • Rioshi - Sanctuary
    Rioshi - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Eh, confirmed here. The fourth time I ever talked to the guy around level 28~ I got 100k.

Granted, one dollar- but it was my dollar <3

Sadly, the 100k was ripped to shreds due to manufacturing mat costs T_T But sooooooo worth it. Mostly the npc seems like a random effect, but given Duke's tendency to sometimes report false Wraith invasion locations..... *cough* You might be onto something there lmao as far as the character's possible plot background. (Lying, etc.) In our server such instances were repeated generously, to say the least ><

Still an amusing character. Personally I'm just waiting for him to show up in a level 120 dungeon as the final boss with a "[?] Duke Blacke" title glowing over his head.
    ---
    Just a fool for life~
  • Yuggy - Heavens Tear
    Yuggy - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    How can the getting better items from certain tradeskills guys rumor be true when one of the people he tells you to go manufacturer at is the apothecary? You can't make a *** potion with -3% channeling.
  • Charizrd - Heavens Tear
    Charizrd - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    FYI ... the ppl duke mentions tht can increase refining percentage doesnt have a refining option.
    (u want +4, go talk to the officer at the tradewind village, try it b:chuckle )

Duke also randomly gives u a quest tht can give u 3000 xp. (very rare)

Am not sure about the luck factor though.

Basically the duke is just a pinhole for your money. u loose little by little
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    FYI ... the ppl duke mentions tht can increase refining percentage doesnt have a refining option.
    (u want +4, go talk to the officer at the tradewind village, try it b:chuckle )

I can refine stuff at tradewind fine, but that is because my faction owns that land. All officers are only usable by the "masters of the land". They have high level apoth recipes, lvl 70+ pots, free healing, and refining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i dont have patience to stand there for hours and talk to him,i spend at the most 1000 coins

Never said all at once, simply "over time" which could be construed to mean standing there for hours, or it could simply mean over a long period of time which might or might not include periods of time in which you talked to Duke Blacke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

I've gotten the rumor where he gives you 10k coin. And yes he really did give me 10k coin.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I've gotten the rumor where he gives you 10k coin. And yes he really did give me 10k coin.

*sigh* It was a joke. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HuntresPrime - Lost City
    HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    tired 2 hrs last night to try and confirm this *nothing better to do*
    and it was bull for me. i got the message.

''gem merchant Li is on a lucky streak.
    trade with him now and maybe some of his luck will rub off on you.''

so i did. i traded 50 fragments and tried to refine my mold wep to +1 (easy right)? nope. got 2 fails in a row before i got the +1... also no lucky pack crits nor decent drops (im grining on mobs 7 lv higher them me)

Myth:Busted
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Epic troll! The detail was impressive. Surprised a troll like this came from the carebear servers.

Two thumbs up, way up!
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Don't know how much of the thread is true but,
    1. Have gotten the 10k
    2. Have gotten quests to talk to people which give maybe 1k exp. (can't remember)
    3. Best refining affect I received once: Upon refining for crazy stone, it refined 1 -> 1 instead of 3 -> 1!!
    You still needed at least 3 of the basic stone to have the option to refine, so I had to leave, as I had only 2 of each stone.
    Bought some more stones from the merchant and went back afterwards, but the affect was gone.
  • Serengetti - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Never said all at once, simply "over time" which could be construed to mean standing there for hours, or it could simply mean over a long period of time which might or might not include periods of time in which you talked to Duke Blacke.
    none of his tips worked first time i talked to him,so do you really think i keep going back??b:chuckle
  • HuntresPrime - Lost City
    HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i still call SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!!!! b:victory
  • Magenta - Dreamweaver
    Magenta - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I've wasted a few thousand coins talking to him just to see what he says

got the so called lucky response once

he said go craft potions at apothecary in south archo for a nice surprise

so off I went only to realise that you cant craft potions lol so I crafted several items there but didnt get nothing at the apothecery other than what i crafted

A BIG RUSE if u ask me - like people say - a moneysink - all be it at a small cost of 10 coins per go
  • Emily - Dreamweaver
    Emily - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Seriously, all the people calling it a money sink... lol... if you're THAT broke where even talking to him 100 times or so hurts your bank, this isn't the game for you. :p

That aside, I have gone to various npc's for crafting (Not Apothecary, because like mentioned, there's no potions), and have gotten at least 2* every time, sometimes 3*.

I'm not rolling in the dough (in spite of being a veno) to test the refining options, but I'd imagine you need to talk to X npc then directly to a refiner.

Also note on refining, Duke very often says "It's best to refine when no one else is around..." or something to that respect. Which is impossible in Arch with all the people calling for FQ. lol

I'm picturing two possibilities:

1. The "buff" is very limited and you must act fast. For crafting, you need to have your mats prepared instead of using up time making copper bars, etc...

2. Duke is universal. In other words, if someone else talks to him before you get to your destination and try "your buff", something new has been triggered. This could account for the person getting free potions posted earlier.
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I tested out the refining thing with Duke, You must be in a faction that holds the area that that officer resides to refine,It took me about 10 hours of game time and 30 Mirage Celestones, talking to Duke getting the right combination of refinement level and officer that I could refine with. The refining rate seems to be better but not like a dragon orb it still fails often at higher refine levels.
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Crafting tips do seem too work. Ive made multiple 2 star items for level 6 craftsman quest. Last week i managed to make a 3 star ring which im waiting to grow into.
  • Serengetti - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Crafting tips do seem too work. Ive made multiple 2 star items for level 6 craftsman quest. Last week i managed to make a 3 star ring which im waiting to grow into.
    for the love of God people, getting bunch of 2*items and managing to make 3*ring dosent mean his tips work!!! that's what you get anywayb:chuckle
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It worked for me. Crafting 4 items in a raw that are 2* and 3* is being lucky actually... I believe it works.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    none of his tips worked first time i talked to him,so do you really think i keep going back??b:chuckle

Yes, because you're obviously not all there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serengetti - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yes, because you're obviously not all there.
    you are totally right! i must not be all there,i'm arguing if i spend more than 10k talking to Duke Blackb:surprised,who cares? Emily is right if you cant afford to talk to Duke maybe this isnt a game for you,the only reason i posted about getting 10k from him was that it was the only tip that ever worked for me personally
  • Madmankiller - Heavens Tear
    Madmankiller - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i get the luck run all the time thats how i make my money can make 250k in hour killen with the luck and got to 10k coin drop and when make wepps where he tells you to go make a lot about 10 to 20 % will be 3 stars dont work if you make 1 or 2 make 10 or 15 all at one time thats what i have done worked for me lvl 8x BM
This discussion has been closed.