Strange sights on Sanc

Options
Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Has anyone noticed the huge sudden influx of 89+ players that just appeared out of nowhere? Where are these unheard of players coming from O_o;? A month ago, seeing demons or sages was pretty uncommon, now theres one at every turn, with some factions magically being full of them. Whats goin on?
Post edited by Tearvalerin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Its cause those people grind instead of trolling the forums. )=
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Alot of those quiet 8x's are now 9's and those 7x's are now 8x's b:chuckle
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What? Players are leveling? b:puzzled

UNHEARD OF! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yes its unheard of, some MISTI_ whatever her name is just magically appeared as highest level outta nowhere, with some one else sharing the same name, theyre advertising for FB99 as we speak. I could guess it has to do with a certain major faction stealing another major faction's rebirth order guide lol... fragments have gone from 500 to 185k lol...

and i level just fine lloyd ill be 80 tonight >_>;
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeah I know what you mean. I used to be able to know of all the demons/sages on the server. Now when I walk through arch I think "D'Gamers has a sage O_o?".

Figures just when I get my fairy it stops being cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited April 2009
    Options
    psh youll always be cool in my book ;P
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I could guess it has to do with a certain major faction stealing another major faction's rebirth order guide lol... fragments have gone from 500 to 185k lol...
    There was a Sanctuary world-chat flame war about a month ago where somebody was looking to buy low-level tomes for 1.65 million and immediately got attacked for trying to buy tomes for such an absurdly low-price. The attacker insisted that tomes were worth at least 2.5m "out-of-faction", and 2m for an "in-faction" sale.

The world chat went on for a bit, with a few others jumping in to agree with the attacker. Prices were quoted, the difficulty of rebirth orders stressed, and the usual "lol you noob! you know nothing about what things are really worth!" comments made.

About two hours later, quietly, without much notice, I then saw the attacker offering to sell tomes in world chat for 2m to anyone. Obviously, somebody checked the auction house and realized that tome prices have been in a free-fall for about 1 1/2 months now. I paid 2.5m then for a tome that I just bought another of a couple of days ago for 1.2m, and I'm sure it's going to drop even further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Its cause those people grind instead of trolling the forums. )=

O noes... no trolling T.T..

Well, instead of spending most of my time trolling. I also have been kinda laid back by grinding my **** off instead of trolling. Just got 48 today baby!
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yes its unheard of, some MISTI_ whatever her name is just magically appeared as highest level outta nowhere, with some one else sharing the same name, theyre advertising for FB99 as we speak. I could guess it has to do with a certain major faction stealing another major faction's rebirth order guide lol... fragments have gone from 500 to 185k lol...

and i level just fine lloyd ill be 80 tonight >_>;

Ugh D: what are you talking about?

Mistiqueen and Mistilady have been at or near the top since like level 70.

I think you aren't paying close enough attention =/. All those other players that are Level 89 don't surprise me either, because I have basically seen them them all before.
  • Shamino - Sanctuary
    Shamino - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ugh D: what are you talking about?

Mistiqueen and Mistilady have been at or near the top since like level 70.

I think you aren't paying close enough attention =/. All those other players that are Level 89 don't surprise me either, because I have basically seen them them all before.

Like falls said the misti's have been near the highest for a long time they were the first 2 heaven players with fairies on Sanc, although for a time they did level quite slowly and some players did pass them, (apparently they have sped up again though)
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Nothing surprising about these high levels. They did not sprout out from anywhere... they have been around for a long time....

And the Mistis, they've topped that list almost as long as I can remember. I think the topic starter hasnt seen the ranks page before.

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Someone mentioned a rebirth order guide...

I wanna see it. Anyone got a link?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Teh misties have GM powa! Watch it they firin they lazerz!
    Seriously though, misties have been on top for quite a while now. And yes, there's a big influx of demons and sages, but can you really say its that surprising? With rebirth you can level 71-86 in two weeks, whereas it used to take people months to get past that level range (casual playing, not the no life ****). The extra 3 levels aren't THAT hard to come by. So yeah, expect to see more and more fairies flying around sooner rather than later ;)
    b:dirty
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You also probably didn't notice these people before because there was nothing remarkable about them. A lot of players seem to wait til 90+ to go for the "flashy, omg you're high level" gear, so nothing stands out about them. The fairies, on the other hand, are pretty obvious.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thats actually incorrect information, I keep a close eye on the ranking guide.
    Heleina/boynxtduh/DarkRings were at the top not too long ago. Magically a "DeityOfRain" appears at the top, he quits, and then magically the misti' people appear.

About that whole flame war on the WC, thats because legendary got pissed off at someone from their rebirth group for selling low when they had a monopoly. They were the only ones doing rebirth for a while, and had a pretty indepth guide until YupYup from nef found and stole it ;P. Now everyone rebirths and tome frags are ridiculously low in price.

But its like since these people magically appeared, flashy gears and TT 90 bosses and WBs have been going down like crazy, it just dont make sense. These people werent even on the rank and now theyre magically #1. Who's seen the episode of south park where they try to win terrence and phillips dolls at a carnival, and the carnival is jacked up so kyle calls "shenanigins" on them >_>? i am calling it here too |:<
  • Akasera - Sanctuary
    Akasera - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The Mistis.... have been there awhile, so apparently you haven't been paying attention. They aren't attention seekers though and generally have remained out of the "major" factions, if that's why you haven't noticed them.

As noted, the solving and now proliferation of rebirth has sped up by weeks the process of leveling from 70-85, and the flood of oracles from the spring event is also a factor. Does seem as though the 89 mark has lost its novelty on server though.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well lets see, I started playing at the end of january, back then the highest on the list was 93, by the beginning of march steel/deity of rain were at the top, not mistis. theyve only been there a few weeks
  • silaba
    silaba Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well lets see, I started playing at the end of january, back then the highest on the list was 93, by the beginning of march steel/deity of rain were at the top, not mistis. theyve only been there a few weeks

Duo MISTI (Queen & Lady) have always been in the top 3 rank in Sanctuary. DeityOfRain once outleveleved them, but now they're back in the top 2.
    I know this because I've played this game since end of September, last year, where those duo Misti were still at Nefarious. Now they are at Recluse.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Deityofrain did NOT quit PWI. He just does not play much on sanctuary anymore. If he had stayed, he would have still been number #1. Trust me, hes a crazy kid, 12+ hours a day?b:surrender

Now, hes 24th (level 83) on Harshlands, slowing reaching the top again.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    @silaba, no they havent O_o; three members from steel had the top spots before deity did, mistis were alot further down on the list

@lloyd, i never said he quit perma, quit = no more veno on sanc
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Tear.. perhaps you are confusing the level rank for the pvp rank?
    I have followed both closely (especially for the period when I was on both ^^).
    Mistis were always top 5... DeityOfRain and DaWiseOne challenged them for a while. Then they picked up the pace again.

Steel though has been near the top of the pvp list for a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    the only time i checked the ranking was when i 1st started PWI in late jan/early feb and just a few days ago. i recall seeing misti as #1 when i started and well he/she is still there.

yes, i been noticing an increase of people walking around with faeries. usually i rarely see 1 or 2 in arch a day when i am there and now suddenly i am seeing 4-5 of them a day. either the # shot up or they decided arch is more fun than 1k stream XD
    cant expect there not to be more demon/sage over time anyway. i am hoping to hit demon within a month right now myself.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Teh misties have GM powa! Watch it they firin they lazerz!
    Seriously though, misties have been on top for quite a while now. And yes, there's a big influx of demons and sages, but can you really say its that surprising? With rebirth you can level 71-86 in two weeks, whereas it used to take people months to get past that level range (casual playing, not the no life ****). The extra 3 levels aren't THAT hard to come by. So yeah, expect to see more and more fairies flying around sooner rather than later ;)

71-86 in two weeks?? Dear gods I've been leveling the hard way D=!!
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    71-86 in two weeks?? Dear gods I've been leveling the hard way D=!!

Yes! Go quick! Find yourself a Rebirth Gamma Squad and get to 86 fast nubeh.. :D:D

@Tear - I've been playing in Sanc since September. I know for a fact the Misitis- MistiLady and MistiQueen - who were then a part of Nefarious - dominated the Rank 1 and 2 for Sanctuary for a long time. Is it just me, or do you seem adamant to not believe that Mistis have been around for a long time and have not just erupted from somewhere... Just wondering... -.-"

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Kinoku - Sanctuary
    Kinoku - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I've been playing since late November and I never seen the misti's drop below 3rd, I remember a few got close and then the misti's would pull away again.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yea the mistis(queen and lady) have always been up at the top.. when i read this post i figured the unknown misti was mistibabe or whoever that was from DireFate.. i think she has a fairy now... saw her zhenning ALOT up at ants
    edited April 2009
    Options
    When I started, the level rank had a 93 BM as the highest level and a 92 veno at the top :P
    edited April 2009
    Options
    When I started, the level rank had a 93 BM as the highest level and a 92 veno at the top :P

Im guessing the veno was DeityofRein and the BM was one of the Mistis (I cant remember which is the BM lol).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Im guessing the veno was DeityofRein and the BM was one of the Mistis (I cant remember which is the BM lol).

MisTiLady is the BM
    MisTiQueen is the Cleric

I have been playing since the end of october and yes, they have been on or near the top the whole time. Your memory does not serve you correct Tearvalerin.

If you want to talk about "appear out of no where people" ...that would definitely be

a. DietyofRan
    b. dawisewizard (many speculate him to be a GM)

otherwise, Damn you rebirth levelers...
    im gonna only hang out with the "worked the old fashion way to get to 89" peoples. Where ya at peoples!?! b:victory
    b:bye you were all swell peoples