Light/Arcane in pve

Aeneria - Lost City
Aeneria - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
Hello

I have search a lot but have not find the ansewr so my apologies if the post exist.

I am actually lvl 73 with a pure mag arcane build and hesitate to switch to a light armor build.

I do all the HH 1-2 high squad mod without soulsbanisher and percu. My question is : will the light armor build allow me to continue doing such bosses as i do with my pure mag arcane build, and for exemple will i be able at around 79 to do all the 79 fb in light or is it impossible for a light armor due to the lower pet heal and same question for all the incomming fb and HH ^^?

I hope you undertsand my question.

Thanks for the coming ansewr

Aeneria.b:kiss
Post edited by Aeneria - Lost City on

Comments

• Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm pure mag too and want to go to LA/Arcane build, but what I see LA isn't so great for pve like arcane(lower element ress and more magical mobs b:shocked damn). What I hearded is harder to tank bosses in hh, because you need to put some points from vit and mag to str&dex, so ur dmg is lower like pet's heal too. b:surrender go in LA and be helpfull in TW/PK/PVP, less in PVE or stay arcane and be best in tanking and pve... cuz.. I want to do experiment ^^ Some venos told me that LA sucked on higher lvls (60+). But is Your choice.. b:victory
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Kiittyara - Sanctuary
    Kiittyara - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you switch to light armor I think you should still be able to do those bosses and possibly even do drum since his aoe is physical and light armor venos dont die as easily to it. Just be careful because your heal wont be as powerful as a pure mag veno.

I am arcane though, and i prefer it that way even if it keeps me from doing bosses like drum. I can just get a squad for that =)
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    For pve I don't really see any reason to switch to LA. People argue all the time that it has "increased survivability" and all that junk, but my answer to that is pay more attention to your surroundings and it's not an issue. I'm AR and generally overly aggressive and I very rarely die. I'm certain LA can do squad TT bosses, but not at the same level as AR. The pet heals will never be as strong.

For maximum pve performance, stick with AR. LA/HA are for pvp, or melee builds.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Why do you want to switch to LA? If you already have a herc you might as well stick with pure mag till like you're like 90 with a nix.
  • Aeneria - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    I ask this because i do some pvp and this is true that i die really easy if i dont have bramble hood.

That is why i ask, because if the difference with the pve is really small then it would be better to switch to LA.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I ask this because i do some pvp and this is true that i die really easy if i dont have bramble hood.

That is why i ask, because if the difference with the pve is really small then it would be better to switch to LA.

The difference isn't really small, but it is noticeable. If you feel that LA would help you pvp then by all means make the switch, just be aware that you may need a few extra levels for some TT bosses.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I was playing light, I didnt find it that fantastic as some might think... Something I noticed after lvl 55, there's loads of magical mobs that does mostly mag atk (cause I assume these annoying lightnings are magical :P)... The whole swamp is crowded with them.. Is it like that at lvl 70,80,90?? Cause if it so, I would prefer to stick to better mag def/arcane armor and pump my vit a bit + hp shards than switch to light... b:shocked
    *Semi retired*
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I was playing light, I didnt find it that fantastic as some might think... Something I noticed after lvl 55, there's loads of magical mobs that does mostly mag atk (cause I assume these annoying lightnings are magical :P)... The whole swamp is crowded with them.. Is it like that at lvl 70,80,90?? Cause if it so, I would prefer to stick to better mag def/arcane armor and pump my vit a bit + hp shards than switch to light... b:shocked

The 70's still have a lot of magic mobs but so far in the 80's it's been mostly pure melee mobs. There are still casters of course, but if you want to grind on melee only there is certainly no shortage of them.
  • Aeneria - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    So is it possible with the light armor build to do the hh squad and fb boss like with the arcane build or is it impossible?
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    have no answer to ur question but... were u planing on tanking with herc or with golem?
    *Semi retired*
  • Aeneria - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    i have the herc.

i ask again the question because i got a lot of answer of a lot of question but not mine ^^

The real question was : Is it possible for a LA venom to do HHsquad boss and the fb of my level.

For exemple woul it be possible to do all the fb 79 at lvl 79 with a LA build and same for the HH.
  • khalamo21
    khalamo21 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yes its possible if u get good weapon and a lot of -channeling stuff.

I can do fb79 at lvl 73 so LA can easily do it at 79 ;P