unicorn bow

Elfwynn - Heavens Tear
Elfwynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Archer
I just purchased a unicorn bow with one socket, I would like this unicorn bow to glow w/any color. Can socket stones be used on a tt weapon? If so which npc sockets them?
Post edited by Elfwynn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zosai - Harshlands
    Zosai - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lol ur level 56 u dont need it yet and you should have bought a level 70 crossbow :) but yes, all gems work on TTs and the Blacksmith (Imbue soulgem) will do it for u
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Interesting why should he have brought a level 70 crossbow? Cause you said so? What if hes planning on going after the Soulsmasher later on? I know thats the path ive opted to go and have my Unicorn ready to go ... and im only level 52 ... forward planning and having goals isnt necessarily a bad thing not to mention there is NO strict path that one must take to excel.

I believe the question was can he add a socket to a TT weapon, personally i have no idea sorry.
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    Thraxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I just purchased a unicorn bow with one socket, I would like this unicorn bow to glow w/any color. Can socket stones be used on a tt weapon? If so which npc sockets them?
    yes, you can add sockets to a TT weappon, but you cant change the green glow it has.
    there is a thread somewhere here a gm says about it.
    only 3 star glows blue,
    legendary/gold TT has yellow glow,
    normal TT glows green.

lol and i found out the hard way at lv5x...socketed my bow and added 2 gems...no red glow b:cry
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If so which npc sockets them?

Sockets can be bought from CashShop (this is mostly the cheaper way : 15stones=1gold) or you can buy them from Catshops with prices that go from 8500coins/stone to 10.000+coins/stone.

After you have the necessary amount of stones you can socket the weapon at INVENTORY MASTER - the NPC near the Banker. (Note: I have never socketed something yet, and I do hope i am not wrong about the NPC)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elfwynn - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    yes, you can add sockets to a TT weappon, but you cant change the green glow it has.
    only 3 star glows blue,
    normal TT glows green.

lol and i found out the hard way at lv5x...socketed my bow and added 2 gems...no red glow b:cry

cool then im glad you told me so i wont spend any more money on this bow then if it still just has the green glow. And to the person who wanted me to get the xbow, although that lev.70 xbow has a higher damage than the unicorn, I find the unicorn bow to be much cheaper and nicer to look at than the xbow.
  • Hametsu - Heavens Tear
    Hametsu - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    only 3 star glows blue,
    normal TT glows green.

Actually "Thudercrack" glows blue, but it's a TT70 weapon. Anyone know why?
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Never owned any of these weapons, so i can't say with certainty, but from my quick glances: TT70 and TT80 (nongold) crossbows seem to have the same models... so i guess the blue/green glows are to make them identifiable/unique.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think you get blue glow if your edge was from an enhanced weapon (refined, maybe).
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think you get blue glow if your edge was from an enhanced weapon (refined, maybe).

PWIGlow PWIWeapon::GetGlowColor() const
    {

PWIGlow returnGlow = NoGlow;

if (IsTTGold() == true)
    {

returnGlow = GoldGlow;

}
    else if (IsTT() == true && HasPredecessor() == true)
    {

returnGlow = BlueGlow;

}
    else if (IsTT() == true)
    {

returnGlow = GreenGlow;

}
    else if (GetNumStars() >= 3)
    {

returnGlow = BlueGlow;

}

return returnGlow;
    }
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    else if (IsTT() == true && HasPredecessor() == true)
    {

returnGlow = BlueGlow;

You probably are right?

But I believe some weapons will glow red?
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009

ur a lv5x and asking these questions? *facepalm*

yes. socket stones can add sockets to any weapon that does not already have two sockets.

no noob the TT weapons cannot glow any color, they glow green. period. gemming (with high enough gems) only adds a circly sparkle thing that goes around your hand.

(lv5x and dosent know these things... geez. next it'll be lv 8x's asking about aim low)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    no noob the TT weapons cannot glow any color, they glow green. period.

TT70 Crossbow - Spirit Breath - glows blue, not green.
    TT70 Crossbow - Thudercrack - glows blue, not green.
    TT70 Crossbow - Hurricane Spray - glows blue, not green.
    TT80 Bow - Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher - glows gold/yellow, not green.
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    (lv5x and dosent know these things... geez. next it'll be lv 8x's asking about aim low)

• Hametsu - Heavens Tear
    Hametsu - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thanks, Elena.
    You probably are right?
    But I believe some weapons will glow red?

The lvl 100 TT and rank 8 weapons are supposed to glow red or orange.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2009

U don't wanna waste socket stones or gems on unicorn bow. The Twood u need for the bow costs about 500% times more than the mats.
    I even npc the mats for that bow since ppl dont even pay 3k for it. I hope u didn't pay any bigger amount, than u got scammed lol.

Unicorn bow its like this bad option u have to use while u try to grind money for the real lvl 70 Xbow. Always makes me sad seeing 75+ archers still with unicorn cuz it means that their guild don't help farm, they don't have friends to farm with, and they're really poor b:cry
  • Elfwynn - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    well i spent 195k for it, it felt like a great deal since I saw some going for roughly 300-600k, it is only at level 55 and up I began to check for my new weapons to buy, it took a great deal of money and resources to get my blacksmith level 4 book to find out you need more of it to get to blacksmith 5,6 etc. So now I'm realizing best to just catshop and buy from someone elses hardwork. And yes just starting to understand more about refining, gem-glowing and socketing in my 50's since I know now how much money and resources it's going to cost me to make them. Am I the only one that loves how a bow looks on an archer?? I've used only bows since day one, even when I got the free blue glowing xbow, I sold it and crafted another bow for myself to use, guess not all agree, lol but its ok, its my money so its my choice to make, maybe in my 80's I'll change to an xbow, who knows till then it bows all the way!!
  • Tehfishy - Heavens Tear
    Tehfishy - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Interesting why should he have brought a level 70 crossbow? Cause you said so? What if hes planning on going after the Soulsmasher later on? I know thats the path ive opted to go and have my Unicorn ready to go ... and im only level 52 ... forward planning and having goals isnt necessarily a bad thing not to mention there is NO strict path that one must take to excel.

I believe the question was can he add a socket to a TT weapon, personally i have no idea sorry.

To the OP, Unicorn Bow glows Green thus with all TT weapons that are not gold. Also if it has a socket it can have soul gems put in it.

Edit: I forgot the level 70 TT Crossbows glow blue.

Using a Crossbow is user preference, some go with the W&C level 69 mold slingshot, others go for the Unicorn bow, and a small few go for the Crossbow at level 70.

if your going for the Soulsmasher why suffer 70-80 using a Unicorn bow? Unicorn bow is cheap! It can be made for about 80k if you farm the Ultimate substances mats. It also requires no Souledge from previous TT weapons. Just because you're going down one path doesn't mean you have to use the weapons before it.