weapon

Ryneris - Lost City
Ryneris - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
I need a new weapon. I'm using Trial Wand (cleric) atm but i will need something better soon, preferrably around lvl 40 and something that can last me at least 5-10 lvls.

Which are better PVE: wand, magic sword, glaive, pataka?
Which are better PVP? Overall?

And are all of those close-range? I checked database and it says closerange for some of them--will that effect my casting range? I like to be far away from the mob i'm killing.
Post edited by Ryneris - Lost City on

Comments

• Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Distance improves as you level your skills (max range at lvl 10 nukes is 26.5 meters), and doesn't depend on your weapon at all. The only thing that your weapon regulates is the overall damage.

Usually you either replace the Trial wand with a 3 star Raybender sword, or wait for a pataka or glaive with good stats at 37/39. Or, if you are lucky, and get a hold on Order of the stars (lvl30 sword) or Wheel of Fate (glaive 43), which happen to be legendary. Also the next "good" quest weapon is from Viridis Sormhorn quest at 48 (a glaive with +7~9 vit/mag).

As for the weapon of choice, up until 60, it is your matter of preference, where you mostly decide between the damage ranges (wand has small difference, sword next (yet considered the best optimized), then glaive, and the max damage range is the pataka); while after 60 you mostly shoot for TT weapons, which is mostly sword (at 70 you get the option for a TT wand, and at 80 you get a glaive and pataka). So, on a quick rundown: Wand is good for supporters, sword for everyone, glaive is kind of mixed feelings, and the pataka is only good if you have hope in high damage (which doesn't happen as often as we want, and preforms better for wizzies then clerics)...

Best of luck, and have fun
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wand is better for everything.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Ryneris - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Is the Wheel of Fate manufacturable? And what are the drop rates of it in fb39?
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wheel of Fate is about a 2% drop and it's manufaturable at the forges in Archosaur. Here's more information for you.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/8312
  • Ryneris - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Aw...it looks so hard to manufacture >_<.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wand is better for everything.

Actually Wand is the crappiest equipment of all. Having the lowest average Damage.

Sword is best for average damage <.<...

Glaive has about the same average damage as a sword, but gets a slight bump in max damage.

Partaka is for PvP freaks who likes to see huge numbers once in a million years.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I am going to be using Pataka I can't seem to find on pwdatabase or ecatombs site.Found it http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/4685
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I need a new weapon. I'm using Trial Wand (cleric) atm but i will need something better soon, preferrably around lvl 40 and something that can last me at least 5-10 lvls.

Which are better PVE: wand, magic sword, glaive, pataka?
    Which are better PVP? Overall?

And are all of those close-range? I checked database and it says closerange for some of them--will that effect my casting range? I like to be far away from the mob i'm killing.

Pick up a "Wheel of Fate" ( Legendary Glaive ). It's 43rd and will last you until you get Ancient Arbor from TT. They are relatively cheap and easy to get.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8312

Range is dependant on your spells...not your weapon.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Actually Wand is the crappiest equipment of all. Having the lowest average Damage.

Sword is best for average damage <.<...

Glaive has about the same average damage as a sword, but gets a slight bump in max damage.

Partaka is for PvP freaks who likes to see huge numbers once in a million years.

Actually wand is best for median damage. It has the least variance. If you average thier damage they are both 649.

For example:

☆Acalanatha Wand
    Wand
    Close Range
    Grade 9
    Attack Range 3
    Physical attack 282-344
    Magical attack 642-655

☆Grief's Breath
    Magic Sword
    Close Range
    Grade 9
    Attack Range 3
    Physical attack 322-482
    Magical attack 584-713

At 70th level, unfortunately, there are no Glaive or Pataka TT weapons.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I am going to be using Pataka I can't seem to find on pwdatabase or ecatombs site.Found it http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/4685

Myst...that is a 3* weapon and the adds it may or may not have are random. Good luck finding a decent one or crafting it.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Wheels of Fate are so hard to come by though. 3mil in the auction house and a 2% drop from the boss. It's a bummer cause I want one. Out of curiosity what levels are these TTs that everyone says you get awesome equipment from done at?
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Actually wand is best for median damage. It has the least variance. If you average thier damage they are both 649.

That's just one weapon... How about lets take a different example..

Lv 44 Dharma Sword

Magical attack 271-331 (300 avg damage ish..)

Lv 41 Spiritcooler Wand

Magical attack 275-281 (278 avg damage ish..)

Clearly the sword is the best average damage. Of course, if the weapons are the same level (req, and weapon lvl), then all weapons have pretty much the same avg damage. But mostly for leveling purposes, since I'm only 47 right now. Swords are better for leveling.
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

• _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Wheels of Fate are so hard to come by though. 3mil in the auction house and a 2% drop from the boss. It's a bummer cause I want one. Out of curiosity what levels are these TTs that everyone says you get awesome equipment from done at?

TT 60 you get Ancient Arbor.

TT 70 you choose between Wand or 2 Swords ( Grief or Ashura's ). Be careful here as your choice affects your TT80th weapon. Also at TT70 you start getting into the TT armor. All of it is "good" but there are some legendary pieces that are better. For arcane I used the dragonscale legendary into my mid 70's and then bought the legendary "pants of hades". I probably could have waited for the TT or Legendary 80 arcane leggings but oh well...
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    That's just one weapon... How about lets take a different example..

Lv 44 Dharma Sword

Magical attack 271-331 (300 avg damage ish..)

Lv 41 Spiritcooler Wand

Magical attack 275-281 (278 avg damage ish..)

Clearly the sword is the best average damage. Of course, if the weapons are the same level (req, and weapon lvl), then all weapons have pretty much the same avg damage. But mostly for leveling purposes, since I'm only 47 right now. Swords are better for leveling.

Clearly you are comparing two different level weapons...and different from what you stated as well. Nothing wrong with that but you can't really compare a 44th level weapon with a 41st and state that swords are better. Any 44th level weapon is going to be "better" than a 41st.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009

Huh...on Sanctuary they are rather common. Even so I agree that kind of cash can be difficult for anyone in thier 40's. I have many alts and one main so cash isn't so difficult. My Veno has the wheel.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Clearly you are comparing two different level weapons...and different from what you stated as well. Nothing wrong with that but you can't really compare a 44th level weapon with a 41st and state that swords are better. Any 44th level weapon is going to be "better" than a 41st.

Well I haven't gotten the lv 60 TT weapons. But for Pre-60, I would say swords are the best leveling weapon because their level and average damage are both higher than wands. Glaives and Patakas are both unreliable and too random because it becomes impossible to calculate how many spells it takes to kill a monster to be most mana efficient.

Of course, I also mentioned that at same level (weapon lvl, req lvl), they have the same avg damage.

• _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Well I haven't gotten the lv 60 TT weapons. But for Pre-60, I would say swords are the best leveling weapon because their level and average damage are both higher than wands. Glaives and Patakas are both unreliable and too random because it becomes impossible to calculate how many spells it takes to kill a monster to be most mana efficient.

Of course, I also mentioned that at same level (weapon lvl, req lvl), they have the same avg damage.

Since this is for grinding what you really need to do is take the median Zeph. Damage over time based on the median will give you the "better" weapon. Personally if the levels are equal...go with what looks best. b:victory
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Myst...that is a 3* weapon and the adds it may or may not have are random. Good luck finding a decent one or crafting it.

That very one is stting in my safe waiting for me to use it as I am not lvl 47 yet.I just need to get there hopefully soon.I was chatting with someone last night while killing vipions over bamboo village and that Dharma Sword looks really good and does good dmg.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Auction House.
    Catshops.

i never had a wheel cause yes they are ridiculously priced. So i hunted for the best i could find at my lvl (40's ish i think) and i found a military sword. A 3 star sword with magic add and vitality add and magic attack add complete with 2sockets, for a whopping 22K. with the money i saved i refined it and once i was done resold for a profit. think i got 100K for it so i made 78K off it and it got me thru till i could get my ancient arbor. ty catshop:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Auction House.
    Catshops.

i never had a wheel cause yes they are ridiculously priced. So i hunted for the best i could find at my lvl (40's ish i think) and i found a military sword. A 3 star sword with magic add and vitality add and magic attack add complete with 2sockets, for a whopping 22K. with the money i saved i refined it and once i was done resold for a profit. think i got 100K for it so i made 78K off it and it got me thru till i could get my ancient arbor. ty catshop:)

Oooo...nice find. Patience ftw.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    TT 60 you get Ancient Arbor.

TT 70 you choose between Wand or 2 Swords ( Grief or Ashura's ). Be careful here as your choice affects your TT80th weapon. Also at TT70 you start getting into the TT armor. All of it is "good" but there are some legendary pieces that are better. For arcane I used the dragonscale legendary into my mid 70's and then bought the legendary "pants of hades". I probably could have waited for the TT or Legendary 80 arcane leggings but oh well...

For my future reference, how does the TT70 weapon affect your TT80 weapon?
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    For my future reference, how does the TT70 weapon affect your TT80 weapon?

To get your TT80 weapon you have to decompose your TT70 weapon. The TT80 weapons are specific to the decomposed mats. For example...the mat you get from decomposing Grief's Breath is needed to make Endless Ambiguity. You can't use it to make any other weapon.