Cant connect to server

scorpkng
scorpkng Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Support Desk
everytime i try to log in, the time takes a long while(limit is 40 secs) then it says im unable to connect to server. i tried for all servers and it still cant work. the patch installed normally and i verified files and all but whenever i try to log in it say unable to connect to server or disconnected from server. can somebody help me with this problem please and quickly post a reply? thanks
Post edited by scorpkng on

Comments

• thephreak
    thephreak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    scorpkng wrote: »
    everytime i try to log in, the time takes a long while(limit is 40 secs) then it says im unable to connect to server. i tried for all servers and it still cant work. the patch installed normally and i verified files and all but whenever i try to log in it say unable to connect to server or disconnected from server. can somebody help me with this problem please and quickly post a reply? thanks

I have the same issue
  • Sumerisle - Dreamweaver
    Sumerisle - Dreamweaver Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hi, can someone help with this issue please? I'm having the same problems as well for the last 2 days.

Not being able to log in means not being able to play the game. And I noticed this issue only came about after the latest patches were released.

Anybody has an idea as to what to do? I'm suffering from PWI withdrawal already..
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!
  • deviousbear
    deviousbear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My bf was playing PWI, but he kept getting disconnected. When he tried logging in for the second time, it said he was unable to connect to the server. I've also been having the same issue. I can't log into any of the servers.

Maybe this might be a maintenance related issue? Let's hope. :(
  • lance18
    lance18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ive been havin the exact same probs with inability to connect to server just today... Please kindly post a solution with regards to this problem that im facing currently... Ur kind intention to help is very much appreciated
  • PinkEvil - Dreamweaver
    PinkEvil - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Perhaps they are moving in servers ...
  • XLancex - Sanctuary
    XLancex - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Seeking help for solutions to inability to connect to server problem... Its really annoying trying to log in for hrs and yet the same negative results keep coming... Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?
  • Kaosknight - Heavens Tear
    Kaosknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Same problem...I thought it was my computer acting up till my friend told me he couldn't get on either...what's the dilly-o pplz?
  • PinkEvil - Dreamweaver
    PinkEvil - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    im from portugal and i dont have that problem....idk
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It's probably your internet connection. Unplug your wifi and replug it, restart your computer then retry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
    edited April 2009
    I already did that. I have turned my wireless on and off several times and restarted my comp. I doubt it's the internet connection cause I can go to regular websites.

I've also verified my files completely (4 times now), held the 'W' button while logging in, opened a port in Windows firewall and created exceptions for AVG. I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing the program, creating a second account and using another computer. Nothing works.

I either get a "Unable to connect to server" message, get stuck at the "Logging in to the game, please wait" screen or arrive at an empty character selection page.

If anybody have experienced this problem and managed to solve it, please do post how. I can't log into the game for 3 days now. =(

Thanks!
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!
  • sphinxy
    sphinxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My friend who is brand new to PWI is also having a server error and cannot logon. However.. I can login to his account and connect without any problems.. He lives in England and I am in the States.. but I haven't seen location as being issue before. I *hope* this is just a patch issue..
  • zoobat
    zoobat Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I had that problem earlier.

Logging in takes the entire 40 seconds and you end up getting a message saying cannot connect to the server.

If you try to switch servers, you will find that the client cannot even see most of the servers.

Browsing normal websites seems fine and the patched client worked well a few days before that.

The solution is simple. Most times, your broadband connection will be through a modem or a modem/router. All you have to do is power down the equipment (including your laptop/desktop) and power them up in this order: Modem, Router (if present), and Desktop/Laptop. Try to have a 5 min interval between powering up each device.

You should be able to log in after that.
    edited April 2009
    Works like a charm. Thank you so much!!b:thanksb:laugh
This discussion has been closed.