Necro old topics

HuntresPrime - Lost City
HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Chronicles
whats with it? i see a lot of topics coming back to life from NOV 08. and im like wtf xD any one else's openion on this
Post edited by HuntresPrime - Lost City on

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The cats are away, so the mice come out to play. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    People are itching for higher post counts... the CNC (Center for Necromancy Control) needs to be alerted that a mass of random Necromancers are raising dead threads from the dead with no good reason.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It's cause too many people are blind.

Either that, or:

People actually use the search function, and instead of posting a new thread, they post in an already existing one.

I think it's the first choice, though.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think asch would be right, but alot of these people are stupid, and contribute to old arguments that are like 2-3 months old. someone just revived a thread from last august in venos sub board just a few minutes ago.

I swear I wish I was a mod sometimes... id send the dead back to their graves -.-;
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The cats are away, so the mice come out to play. b:chuckle
    what do you mean? Are the mods on a holiday?
    edited April 2009
    what do you mean? Are the mods on a holiday?

Less moderator activity on the weekends: it's currently Saturday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waylander - Lost City
    Waylander - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ...Or they get to the thread through Google. Threads should auto-lock after X number of days unless stickied, then this wouldn't be a problem.

But yeah, it's not really that hard to check the date before posting. >.>
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ...Or they get to the thread through Google. Threads should auto-lock after X number of days unless stickied, then this wouldn't be a problem.

regular search gives results from old topics too...
    edited April 2009

Threads should never "auto-lock" after any amount of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Less moderator activity on the weekends: it's currently Saturday.
    Thx for the answer. An explanation for all the recently increased forum activity could perhaps be found in more awareness of PWI having been created by the recently released prepaid cards. This would explain not only the necroing of old threads but also the posting of so many new ones. If this is the case we might have to get used to more unexperienced users wandering into the forums... tho it does have the upside of being something generally good and healthy for the game. I don't know if i'm stumbling in the dark here.
  • Ammerex - Lost City
    Ammerex - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Threads should never "auto-lock" after any amount of time.

Well, some forums already have good questions, that just haven't been answered. And a lot of time they already have comments in them that other people have added to the conversation, and it would be to hard to collect it all for a new one, and it is simply easier to necro then to create.b:surrender
    I've never necro'd, but I can see how it would be easier, and beneficial. b:laugh
  • manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ThreadNecro.jpg

Like so?
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.
    edited April 2009
    manfor wrote: »
    Like so?

Not exactly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    ThreadNecro.jpg

Like so?
    ROFL! Not powerful enough for a 3 drop tho...
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    ThreadNecro.jpg

Like so?

Psh, that card is only a Mirage Common card.

I want rare Magic Cards!!!, paint it gold! naw!
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

• NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    For start, I talk you all talking about me...keke...
    Cause guild mates usually call me Necro... =P
  • Tarck - Heavens Tear
    Tarck - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, some while ago I was using the search function, found a matching thread, got additional questions about the thread theme and after placing my question I was told: "Don't necro".

To be honest, I was not aware of such a word before.
    Today I know what necro means, but still don't see the point why it has such a negative smell.

Could someone explain the cons of necro / reviving a thread?

I'm asking seriously.
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    cons: people who wrote in the thread already forgot most about it, but the new discussion is very likely to refer to their words..in a kind of blind-end referral (there will be no response to those referrals since those referred to posts were long forgotten)
  • Tarck - Heavens Tear
    Tarck - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thank you, I think I got it now. :)
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I really don't get what is happening here!!!

One the one hand everybody seems to be sick of the new thread starters that post new threads on topics used in older threads(or even worse-topics already approached in stickys). Because of this phenomenon, all the noob thread starters are being linked to the older threads, in order to extract the answer they need. I don't find it rude or offensive if a forum member gives an older link(or older info) instead of a new answer and it seems the right thing to do.

On the other hand, is wrong somehow to revive the old threads.

I don't get it!! What gives?!
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If the old threads contain useful content...no reason not to use them. If its all QQ and flaming who would want to?
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    If the old threads contain useful content...no reason not to use them. If its all QQ and flaming who would want to?

I would....b:victory

• Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, some while ago I was using the search function, found a matching thread, got additional questions about the thread theme and after placing my question I was told: "Don't necro".

To be honest, I was not aware of such a word before.
    Today I know what necro means, but still don't see the point why it has such a negative smell.

Could someone explain the cons of necro / reviving a thread?

I'm asking seriously.
    I dont mind necros who actually contribute to a "dead" thread, or answer an unanswered question. Though a lot of the time people just say, "thx" and leave the thread.

Or they as mentioned refer to a poster, say they are wrong or whatever, even though its from 6 months back and the player probably doesnt play anymore, and/or prob has long since figured out what was mentioned.
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If someone catches a thread (not just necro'd threads, any thread that needs moderator attention) that hasn't been dealt with by a mod or admin, feel free to PM your moderator/admin of choice to get their attention focused on it. There's a lot of ground to cover on these forums, so your help in pointing things out is appreciated.
    edited April 2009
    I would....b:victory

*looks at Zephyrx's sig*

We probably already knew that, but tks?. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thx for the answer. An explanation for all the recently increased forum activity could perhaps be found in more awareness of PWI having been created by the recently released prepaid cards. This would explain not only the necroing of old threads but also the posting of so many new ones. If this is the case we might have to get used to more unexperienced users wandering into the forums... tho it does have the upside of being something generally good and healthy for the game. I don't know if i'm stumbling in the dark here.

Oh, Noes. Newbies? We have to stop this!

<sigh>

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • dawhitemage
    dawhitemage Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    O,o '
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato
    Wolfteam (softynx) IGN: 547212436 ;) (this is a fps game so in no way competes with pwi lulz)
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    O,o '

*hands over a basket of fruit*
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    whos the idiot who necro'd a thread complaining about necros?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    whos the idiot who necro'd a thread complaining about necros?

They trying to hide their identity by not using white font
This discussion has been closed.