Why the number of posts in General Discussion exploded?

RayRayQ - Heavens Tear
RayRayQ - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
It was just over 100,000 two days ago and now it becomes over 300,000? What happened?
Post edited by RayRayQ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Krelig - Heavens Tear
    Krelig - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    A wizard did it. b:pleased
  • manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Spammage?

IMO most ppl check general discussion first/most out of all the other areas, so there tends to be more "discussion"s ;) than any other, and since more and more ppl actually take the time to check the forums (some spend little time so they only check general) there'll be more and more posteges

Like just for today I've already made 12 posts, of course 4 were in the lower depths and so therefore didn't count in my postege total and 5 were in general discussion.
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Maybe because of topics such as this.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    manfor wrote: »
    Spammage?

IMO most ppl check general discussion first/most out of all the other areas, so there tends to be more "discussion"s ;) than any other, and since more and more ppl actually take the time to check the forums (some spend little time so they only check general) there'll be more and more posteges

Like just for today I've already made 12 posts, of course 4 were in the lower depths and so therefore didn't count in my postege total and 5 were in general discussion.

Because of this guy...
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Caption Contest and spam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I also see more and more questions that belong in the Beginners Guide section being posted in General too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited April 2009

ftw? ..... :D
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The reason the number of posts exploded is because of all these spamming posts like this one. With pointless thread topics and everyone just feeding into the post.

In other words, the quality of thread posts has gone down to hell. This entire thread is fail beyond belief.
    SPAMMM SPAMM SPAMM
    Blah Wizard blah.. blah.. :P
    manfor wrote: »
    Spam blah.. blah 12 blah... 4 blah blah
    Spam blah blah blah
    Because of this blah blah blah
    Contest blah blah spam blah
    colorful blah blah blah.. Beginner Tips blah
    ftw? :D
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yup, caption contest alone should have upped those numbers despite a higher than average number of little thought out new threads.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    blah blah blah I feel self-important blah blah blah

Kinda like your post? b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    me wrote:
    blah blah 12 blah blah 4 blah blah
    Because of this guy...

Woo Honorable Mention!!!

Hey, seems 1/4-1/2 of the posts I type up and get ready to post I decide to not post just because it is mostly spammage, so you should be happyish for that...but sometimes I still can't resist....>_>

"but it was funny, eh"
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.
  • Yayforme - Lost City
    Yayforme - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009

heres ur answer
    UR ALL JEALOUS b:cool b:cool b:cool

IGN: YayForMe b:mischievous
  • RayRayQ - Heavens Tear
    RayRayQ - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    That's interesting. Here is my contribution to the count though I'm hesitating to do this. b:laugh
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It ate a stick of dynamite. b:chuckle
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active