Which is the richest class?

Options
pwiplayer03
pwiplayer03 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
any1 have and idea?

cuz i tried cleric thinking they don't use hp pots so will be the richest but in fact they are the poorest due to mp pots...b:laugh

so any idea? which class earns coins fastest?
Post edited by pwiplayer03 on

Comments

• JustForFun - Heavens Tear
    JustForFun - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It has been said to be venomancer, as your pet takes all the damage and repair/pot costs are next to nothing.
  • BearArm - Sanctuary
    BearArm - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I fail to see the obvious connection with tactics or dungeons here (with some leeway to the TT maybe)
  • pwiplayer03
    pwiplayer03 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I fail to see the obvious connection with tactics or dungeons here (with some leeway to the TT maybe)

tactic to save money....b:laugh
  • jamser
    jamser Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yep, Id go with richest: veno, due to very little repair costs and little pot usage. Poorest: archer due to average repair costs, high ammo costs and high pot usage. Plus the equipment needed to be a good archer generally costs a lot. Also Venos can solo TTs for mats and can capture rare pets to sell.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Venos are almost certainly the richest. Normally, the only thing you need to repair is your weapon. HP pots should be next to absent (what you get in drops should be plenty). MP pots may be used a little until you reach lvl 29 and get Soul Transfusion (added to Metabolic boost, and later Nature's Grace, it almost entirely removes the need for pots of any kind). Upgrading pet skills can be pricey, but that's not much of an issue until later.

Archers are probably the next richest. Again, the weapon is the biggest repair cost. Add ammo and limited HP/MP pots (my archer doesn't really use many of either) and costs go up from a Veno, but not much.

Clerics and Mages both seem to consume massive numbers of MP pots, but I don't see much other cost for them.

BMs use armor and weapon repair and a good number of HP pots.

Barbs are probably the lowest, with EPIC levels of repair costs.
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The player that willing to go kill mobs.
    The player that dont sit infront of computer chat all day and hoping some PHAT loot drops so they can sell it for TONS of coin.
    The player that dont sit there complain how they class need this and that to play.

The player that is not an lazy 4zz..
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The player with the richest parents/grandparents is the richest player, duh.

Seriously though, I have no exp with other classes but Veno's can bring in some serious coin without having to spend hardly any to get it.
  • Ffilteg - Sanctuary
    Ffilteg - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think my wizard has made a decent ammount of coin, being happy to meditate to get my mp back instead of spending any money on MP potions has saved me a fortune. Repair bills are low so I can afford to buy most reasonable items for my level.
  • Yayforme - Lost City
    Yayforme - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    venos easily
    UR ALL JEALOUS b:cool b:cool b:cool

IGN: YayForMe b:mischievous
  • Tyrfenris - Dreamweaver
    Tyrfenris - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I don't really know, but the poorest has to be barbs.

I honestly don't know how I can repair all my equipment.
  • PinkEvil - Dreamweaver
    PinkEvil - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i think i agrre with you... the barbs are too many...b:shocked
    i have one and i don't like to play with him i don't no why...he never has money and in tiger it's so slow than "by foot" is more faster... fox are so more faster i think... and i have veno (obviously) and i think shes got money more quicly than the others....(i tried all chracteres)...
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    From my experience (have both a lvl 70 barb and veno), venos are the richest and barbs would be one of the poorest. Clerics can heal themselves to save hp pots, BUT they require most of their skills to be decent, which requires a lot of money. Also, clerics need to use mp charms/hieros for casting blue ball/bubble which can be expensive.

Therefore:
    richest: veno
    middle: archers, bms, wizards (in no particular order)
    poorest: clerics, barbarians (in no particular order)
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    From my experience (have both a lvl 70 barb and veno), venos are the richest and barbs would be one of the poorest. Clerics can heal themselves to save hp pots, BUT they require most of their skills to be decent, which requires a lot of money. Also, clerics need to use mp charms/hieros for casting blue ball/bubble which can be expensive.

Therefore:
    richest: veno
    middle: archers, bms, wizards (in no particular order)
    poorest: clerics, barbarians (in no particular order)

I think is like this:

Richest: Veno
    Middle: empty
    Poor: Archer, BM, Wizard
    Poorest: Cleric and Barbs.

I left Middle emtly, since the difference between Veno and rest is too big. Please, no hate intended.
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    bms past lvl 70 have the opportunity to become a very rich class, with aoe grinding. Aoe Grinding even 1 hour per day in the right spot can net easy 100k+ (this is with charms, repairs, etc, subtracted). and I know people with way too much time on their hands, who can aoe for 8 hours a day (shoutout to u Esemeli, if u read this lol)
  • Corryx - Sanctuary
    Corryx - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Its wonderful to know that I should be rich as I play a veno and hear the other classes in my faction talk about how much they make each day.

Money which they can then spend on panthers AND horses, on legendary equipment and on skills

And then they complain that they are all so poor.

I just make enough to add one skill a month at most to my pets total NOT each and to only upgrade a few key skills. Forget about special weapons or armour I have to grind for drops.

Maybe I should give up quests, ditch all but one pet and grind 12 hrs a day and set up shop for another 12.

Its a crazy generalisation to say veno is richest class and everyone else is poorer.

Its how u play the game... NOT what class u are
  • Klosar - Sanctuary
    Klosar - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I dont know why everyone vote for veno's cuz clerics are richest in game. b:pleased

FB's, TT runs, Rebirth's... No where w/o cleric b:chuckle

And if you're smart cleric (who like to grind) u can grind more money then all classes togheter if u no how b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Its wonderful to know that I should be rich as I play a veno and hear the other classes in my faction talk about how much they make each day.

Money which they can then spend on panthers AND horses, on legendary equipment and on skills

I just make enough to add one skill a month at most to my pets total NOT each and to only upgrade a few key skills. Forget about special weapons or armour I have to grind for drops.

Maybe I should give up quests, ditch all but one pet and grind 12 hrs a day and set up shop for another 12.

Its a crazy generalisation to say veno is richest class and everyone else is poorer.

One thing people are not saying is that they usually are referring to venos w/ herc.
  • Yayforme - Lost City
    Yayforme - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    bms r usually richer than archers and mages though but still if u want money go veno
    UR ALL JEALOUS b:cool b:cool b:cool

IGN: YayForMe b:mischievous
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options

I have to both agree and disagree with this. Veno's are considered the richest class for two reasons: TT with a herc, and we cost nothing to play.
    What most people fail to realize is that we also have a LOT of spending potential. It can cost upwards of 4-5 million to fully upgrade a single pet, and that's without any rare skills. Throw in the cost of a phoenix or herc at some point and your pocket money goes out the window. We also have to spend on skills and gear similar to other classes.

Now I'm certainly not saying that we don't still have the potential to be very rich, just that there are plenty of mitigating factors in that theory. We still have the highest income potential in my opinion.
  • Blytz - Sanctuary
    Blytz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Now I'm certainly not saying that we don't still have the potential to be very rich, just that there are plenty of mitigating factors in that theory. We still have the highest income potential in my opinion.

Agree with you here. Earning potential isn't measured by grinding ability alone, although a veno w/herc has a major advantage in this regard. However, what most people refer to for venos as the "richest" class is that they have the fewest "unavoidable costs" balanced against grinding profits.

BMs and Barbs pay larger armor repair costs due to their nature. Archers have ammo costs (well, the 2 coin arrows are kinda cheap) and charm costs if they zhen. Wiz and clerics both have charm/pot costs. Venos tend to be less hard pressed mana-wise and rarely have expensive repairs thanks to having a personal tank (unless you wait until armor is broken.)

However, any class has the potential to earn coin in other ways. Catshopping and playing the auction house can be very profitable if you're good at that sort of thing.
  • Klosar - Sanctuary
    Klosar - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If you like to grind youre never poor b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If you like to grind youre never poor b:laugh

Some people don't seem to able to do this and it truly baffles me. All the time there are people complaining about how they spend too much in repairs and pots to make any profit from grinding. My lvl 39 BM alt can make 40-60k in drops for every 4-5k I spend on repairs, and has done so since I started him (lower ratios at lower levels of course).
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    But what about those venos that don't have a herc to help them in soloing TT and whatnot? I don't go into TTs often since I don't have a herc to solo it by. My cleric friend, on the other hand, has been dragged to TT almost every waking moment he's online (He's also helping me pay for a herc, actually, lol).

But yeah, without a herc, does the money income for venos change dramatically? I keep hearing about how venos earn so much w/ a herc, but what about without one? I'm sure that without one, it won't change the fact that venos still are potentially the richest, but is it lower without a herc?
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    But what about those venos that don't have a herc to help them in soloing TT and whatnot? I don't go into TTs often since I don't have a herc to solo it by. My cleric friend, on the other hand, has been dragged to TT almost every waking moment he's online (He's also helping me pay for a herc, actually, lol).

But yeah, without a herc, does the money income for venos change dramatically? I keep hearing about how venos earn so much w/ a herc, but what about without one? I'm sure that without one, it won't change the fact that venos still are potentially the richest, but is it lower without a herc?

Having a herc is definitely a big step up in the earnings potential. However, if you know how to lure and your Amp Dmg is maxed any veno can make a lot of coin in TT with a squad, too. Honestly I don't think solo with a herc is all that much more money since it takes a long time to kill everything, but at least you don't have to split drops. This comes in handy when gold mat drop. There are also some bosses we just can't do, such as Wurlord or 2-2+ Comso. Find a good and fair squad and you can make close to the same coin for the time investment. 2-1 and 2-2 solo mode are also pretty decent money despite what some may tell you. The trick is you just have to run it a lot to get the drop odds in your favor. I've had Wurlord drop 3x armors before, and I've seen 2 Steel Armor from Feng. It's slow money certainly, but you will almost always turn a profit even if all you get are Mirage and Orders.
  • KhaosShadow - Sanctuary
    KhaosShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Classes have different costs to play. But lower cost /= richer. Class really doesn't matter, it matters how smart you are as a player. I know non veno's non grinders who are insanely rich simply by buying and selling. It all depends on your actions, not so much what class you are.
  • Susumi - Lost City
    Susumi - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Classes have different costs to play. But lower cost /= richer. Class really doesn't matter, it matters how smart you are as a player. I know non veno's non grinders who are insanely rich simply by buying and selling. It all depends on your actions, not so much what class you are.

I totally agree on that one... and another good way to earn cash(PvP) is to kill rednames... b:pleased ... i got a BM and a Veno... i earn more with my Bm than the veno... and when it comes to grinding for drops etc... its not what class u are or how long u grind... its how good luck u have... cuz some items have low drop percentage
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It really does depend on how you play, but I understand what people are saying when they claim that venos are the biggest money makers. I think that is mostly dependant though on whether or not you party. For example, I party with my fiance, he and I play together with a veno archer combo, and he seems to make all of the money somehow. From what I've noticed he seems to pick up every item except the arrows (we use random distrabution). I'm not really complaining because he's generous with his coin, he bought me a kowlin for our anniversary last month. But that doesn't dismiss the fact that his bank account holds over 4 mil coin and mine barely maintains 400k.

While people say venos have to spend the least I would argue, because our skills cost a **** load of coin. I have to pull out 100k at least to level my skills every 5 levels, and we have to keep up our pet's skills. I use a Crystalline Magmite and for the longest time he couldn't hold agro because his bash skill was too low. Those books are expensive (100-200k). I think the best way to go about making money as a veno is really to take advantage of the fact that you can more easily solo grind than any other class. I used to quest like crazy and was poor as dirt, but grinding yeilds better results in exp and drops (at least at higher levels).
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    OK it's a Fact a well played veno can make more $ then any other class w/o Greifing other players (As the BM was talking about PK'ing) Then again I don't condone the PVP aspect of the game... I've never understood a RPG that allowed PVP in a non-duel event/location. But everyone has their thing...

A well played of any class can make a lot of cash... I've seen much better drops on my veno alt then I've ever seen on my Barb main. That's before I got a herc for her... Sure there are hidden costs to every class.. Barbs don't only have a high repair bill we go trough HP pot's like clerics/wizards go trough mana...

As far as archers go I'm guessing that many don't know it's 1 coal(type) 2 wood
    (type) for 100 arrows... (Crafting Skill) Don't remember the others but ammo is relatively easy to get. Make sure your friends save them for you and you're good.

As to the cleric being poor... well that depends on their focus/skills a good clr can and does make tons of $. Think my bro's CLR makes over 300k in an hour at 82 AoE'ing wood mobs and selling the DQ drops... As a barb at 78 during grinds I'd make around 100k an hour.... after repair bills usually a justice quest = ~70k repair bill and net profit was 100k+
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    Holystic - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Clerics and Mages both seem to consume massive numbers of MP pots, but I don't see much other cost for them.

Clerics do consume a ton of pots as well as lots of MP Charms at the higher levels. Its not unusual for me to consume two charms or more a week running bubble and healing TT , FB's etc. I also run around with GA's and Rez Scrolls. Needless to say this gets to be very expensive if you are on limited playtime.

As to the OP, Venos looks like the richest class. I made one to fund my cleric's expenses, so far its working out well. I can make around 300k a day, I'm sure I can make more if I had more time.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    any1 have and idea?

cuz i tried cleric thinking they don't use hp pots so will be the richest but in fact they are the poorest due to mp pots...b:laugh

so any idea? which class earns coins fastest?

The player that manages his/her coins the best is the richest.

There are a few skills that everyone has access to that make you money while you are asleep. Yes I am talking manufacturing skills. You can craft items, and sell them and make money and get rich, no matter what class you play. One little catch is that you have to have some luck with it, so you get 3* good stats gear, if you have no luck... than manufacturing would be a money sink....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.