Wings?

hollywood678
hollywood678 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Im currently a level 30 Archer with my new Eagle Wings but does my passive skill that makes me faster get cancelled if i dont use the ones you start off with or can i use my eagle wings and still get the +1.0 speed boost?
Post edited by hollywood678 on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you are talking about Flight Mastery, then yes. That skill only works on the natural elven wings you start out with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • hollywood678
    hollywood678 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So should I go with the 1.0 no accelerate or 0.50 and 3.50 accelerate, and have a big Yiuan stone collection
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I personally used the eagle wings for a while.

This is because I did not level Flight Mastery because knew I was going to get better wings and because I did not want to waste the sp.

**You can get better wings fro the cs or buying from other players selling**
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As an archer you want to use any wings other than the white ones so they don't drain your mp. If you don't need mp then use the white ones. I'd suggest saving up and getting faster wings such as blood mist or daedalus or something else later on. If you are attacking air mobs you don't want your wings depleting your mp supply as you need it for your skills.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    That rarely happens at lvl 30 with elven wings as the bar just flickers.I have done this with my cleric and still never lost flight.I have my flight mastery at 5.I still have my natural wings and suggest you keep yours.I would worry about the mp if using the elven wings.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • cathbar
    cathbar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Clerics and Archers have a different rate of MP consumption. Clerics, when flying, won't lose MP. But unless you boost your Magic stat some, Archers will steadily lose MP, and it only gets worse as they attack.

Though I am curious. What would be faster over all? Different wings or a fully upgraded Flight Mastery?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    flight mastery maxes at +2
    cash shop wings can be +3 speed and+5 boost speed (expensive)
  • OniSioN - Dreamweaver
    OniSioN - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I see what u are all saying but i cant buy from the boutique coz i live in south africa and its one USD for 1 gold and thats roughly 10 rand for me so good wings cost about 30 gold maybe? and thats comes up to 300 rand.

I have got a good mana regen so my mana doesnt go down wen i fly with the white wings
  • cathbar
    cathbar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    **You can get better wings fro the cs or buying from other players selling**

If you can't buy from the boutique, like me, than perhaps buying from a player who is selling would work, or just sticking with the natural wings. +2 isn't bad, at least, it's better than no speed boost at all.

Oh, and thanks for answering, Mosz.
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I see what u are all saying but i cant buy from the boutique coz i live in south africa and its one USD for 1 gold and thats roughly 10 rand for me so good wings cost about 30 gold maybe? and thats comes up to 300 rand.

I have got a good mana regen so my mana doesnt go down wen i fly with the white wings

Go to the auction house and buy gold with in-game coin or use in-game coin to buy the wings form other players. Also save money for a reset scroll, 'cause archers don't need points in magic. Your dex and str will suffer if you put points into magic. Even if you are a "hybrid" build you still don't need magic, you just need a little bit of vitality.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009

I would stick with your white wings then untill you get the eagle wings and don't worry to much about your mana.I can use my white wings and have 0 mana all my bar does is flicker.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The faster blood mist wings are only 5 gold, and on my server the fully upgraded ones are usually around 600,000 coins. So if you save in-game you should be able to get them from auction house or cat shop. (Blood Mist is the batwings).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • MiuMiuMiu - Heavens Tear
    MiuMiuMiu - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    truth is white elven wings drain mp but if u get the mp/hp regen buff (Celestian guardian I think it's called) then u overcome this lil thingy of a problem

I, myself didn't lvl them on my archer cause of the eagle wings . . . b:victory
    but yeah I would agree that the blood mist wings upgraded rock <3
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    You won't have to worry about this to much with white wings as when you get to 30 and get your first spark.The only thing thing that will happen is when you have 0 mana your flight bar will flicker but you will still be airborne.