Ever lost a duel?

Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Wizard
Well I was dueling a wizard who did this,

1st spark > force of will > sutra > SS > nix (if not dead) Distance shrink > gush

you ever lost with that combo as a wizard? because a wizard I know ownz alot with that.
We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
(Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
Post edited by Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If people died to sandstorm-phoenix-gush, you wouldn't even need sutra.

And chances are you'll get stunned out of it. Or put to sleep. Or anything. Force of will doesn't last long at all unless highly upgraded. So it'd require a high level of that + full chi. Fail.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Go easy, Kristoph, he's on HT. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Force of will casts faster than any other stun/sleep in game
    the reason you sutra is so you can cast the SS and Nix b4 the force of will runs out.
    edited April 2009
    Kris you are a fail wizard,

Force of will 5 second silence
    quote Kris/ oh 5 seconds to cast SS and Nix why would you need to sutra?

Read what you write before you post, and learn your damn class.
    Bloody hell by level 80 you should kno.. I'm not gonna bother.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    qq, my brilliant wizard combo isnt as great as i thut!1 - Mysticlife

1. Anyone who isn't completely dumb will stun/sleep after the spark
    2. 5 second silence at max. Meaning level 85.
    3. It has 0.5 channeling, skills like Drake Bash and Roar are still going to **** you over if timed properly
    4. It has 2 second cast, meaning 2 out of 5 seconds are gone. You can barely get Sandstorm off, which you obviously know since you're so pro. Btw, you need Lv7 Force of will just to be able to do FoW-Gush/Phoenix-Blink, if your FoW is any lower you'll be stunned right after the Gush/Phoenix
    5. If you rely on being 85+ and a full chi bar to win duels, you're an idiot
    6. I don't know anyone who sucks so much that a non-crit Sandstorm-Phoenix-Gush would kill them off, find better friends
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm with Kristoph on this one.
    As pretty as it looks on paper, it is simply not practical.
    Given that both sides has a full chi bar, other classes has just as many ways of pounding themselves into us as we do into them.
    Hell... try sealing someone if they use a demon/sage spark first thing.
    You'll see a "resist", and that's the end of you. (Remember, sparks don't need a target.)
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Go easy, Kristoph, he's on HT. :P

Congratulations on making fun of yourself.
    Honestly, it's quite an achivement, you rarely see people that suck that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Duels tend to be different for each player, thier skills, and who they are opposing. Sometimes Seal and BT is the right answer. Sometimes Spark and SS and Distance Shrink is the right answer. Nothing set in stone.

If anyone is kind enough to post thier normal strategy, there is a hole in every one that can be exploited. Just keep changing it up and working on it.
    edited April 2009
    qq, my brilliant wizard combo isnt as great as i thut!1 - Mysticlife

1. Anyone who isn't completely dumb will stun/sleep after the spark
    2. 5 second silence at max. Meaning level 85.
    3. It has 0.5 channeling, skills like Drake Bash and Roar are still going to **** you over if timed properly
    4. It has 2 second cast, meaning 2 out of 5 seconds are gone. You can barely get Sandstorm off, which you obviously know since you're so pro. Btw, you need Lv7 Force of will just to be able to do FoW-Gush/Phoenix-Blink, if your FoW is any lower you'll be stunned right after the Gush/Phoenix
    5. If you rely on being 85+ and a full chi bar to win duels, you're an idiot
    6. I don't know anyone who sucks so much that a non-crit Sandstorm-Phoenix-Gush would kill them off, find better friends

1) I said duel, you spark during count down
    2) 5 seconds is all you need to sutra/SS/Nix
    3) Do you like um forget that Force of will has range? and the BM stuns only work up close, Roar has some distance but is slower than Force of will
    4) I said Sutra you know that spell that removes all channelling? perhaps you never saw when I mentioned it, let alone know what it does.
    5) I never said 85+ this even works with level 73 or 69
    6) SS hits about 1.6k on robe then 800 by NIX because of the 1st spark, learn your class.
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Because duels mean alot.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    3) Do you like um forget that Force of will has range? and the BM stuns only work up close, Roar has some distance but is slower than Force of will
    4) I said Sutra you know that spell that removes all channelling? perhaps you never saw when I mentioned it, let alone know what it does.
    6) SS hits about 1.6k on robe then 800 by NIX because of the 1st spark, learn your class.

lol you're a fool. Get out of wizard forums.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    oh no, you see I never made this combo let me explain,
    people like you "Fail" wizard made good wizards like my friend very very sad, that you made really **** combos and give wizards a **** name.

so Jammyand I had like 100 duels, and the only way he bet me was with that combo, he also beat a BM a dozen times doing that so yousee Adroit the only fool here is you, get into the beginner forums.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    1) Try fighting a BM and have him open with Roar, and the wizard with FoW. Look what happens, and TRY it before posting more bs
    2) You don't have 5 seconds, you only have 3, learn how to read
    3) Normally BMs aren't stupid enough to let you get away, but not on heaven's tear apparently.
    4) I was trying to get it through your head how long FoW will last, which apparently didn't help
    5) lol, even less time
    6) Wow, you only have 2.4k HP? The clerics on our server have 3k HP at your level, and they can stack heals during countdown, like how the almighty wizard sparks during countdown. Fail.

Come to a pvp server, where people don't run around with crappy gear and mostly pve builds
    edited April 2009
    Come to a pvp server, where people don't run around with crappy gear and mostly pve builds

Okay, legendary armour has alot of -% chanelling of Arcane.
    Roar casts 0.1 second faster, with that -% channelling FoW will always win.
    Wow, you only have 2.4k HP? The clerics on our server have 3k HP at your level, and they can stack heals during countdown, like how the almighty wizard sparks during countdown. Fail.

you cannot stack enough IB in that 3 second countdown. and no, I don't have 2.4khp and no, I dont have 200 vit. with 3vit you have 1510hp, to get 3khp you need like 250vit lol, that's a LC cleric?

yeah on HT clerics have sharded + refind gear, shid load of vit :)

now now you fail wizard go timtam your **** on outta here

P.S im pure int
  • Elahim - Lost City
    Elahim - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My summary of this thread:

Mysti - Look at my super leet wizard combo (do note I'm a cleric on a PvE server).

Every other wizard - Not Viable

Mysti - Not my fault you're all too fail to see my genius!
    edited April 2009
    My summary of this thread:

Mystic: This is good combo

Every other wizard: good combo, where are timtams?

Mystic: why you want timtam

Every other wizard: we don't want timtam

Mystic: ok

Elahim: but I want timtam
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited April 2009

1) If you spark during cooldown, then a BM can definitely get a roar in. If its a battle of timing, we have to assume the person we're fighting isn't a total idiot either. After spark, WE have a lag time too. If the BM times it correctly, roar will stun us right after we spark. Equal grounds, equal talent.

2) Do you read? Seriously? We don't HAVE 5 seconds. The reality of it is we have 3 seconds. Meaning, with one Sandstorm (1.5 CAST TIME... We don't get our cast times nulled), we've lost half the time. PW also has that little in between spells lag (or we can just call it lag), that's probably going to eat whatever time you have left. But let's ignore that. Say we CAN throw a phoenix off, the only players who we can end up doin that to is a BM or a Werebeast (by your definition because if we're ranged, we can ALWAYS start far right?)

3) You said we spark first. How do we win roar speed then? If we force of will first, our spells will never do enough damage to win a BM.

4) You said sutra. He said "cast". These two don't mix. Do you read?

5) You can't max Force of Will at 73 or even 6x. That makes the whole strategy void, seeing how those 3 seconds are vital to the strategy.

6) 2.4k damage and then?
    BMs my level has: 5 - 7k hp.
    Werebeasts: 8 - 10k
    Mages: 3 - 4k
    Archers: 3.5k - 5k
    Clerics: Full Ints: 3 - 4k, Vitbuilds: 4k - 6k

What do I do next, Oh-Great-Strategist.
    Seeing how we're all mages but can't compare to Mr.GreatCleric like you, we need your guidance right?! b:chuckle
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    you cannot stack enough IB in that 3 second countdown. and no, I don't have 2.4khp and no, I dont have 200 vit. with 3vit you have 1510hp, to get 3khp you need like 250vit lol, that's a LC cleric?

yeah on HT clerics have sharded + refind gear, shid load of vit :)
    holy **** even your knowledge about clerics is worse than most here
    edited April 2009
    but let me say this, I actually tested this, I know it works.

Jammmy did it to me, before I could cast IB I was dead. it happend like this

During count down - Jammmy 1st sparked Myself - Started to stack IB
    After count - Jammmy cast FoW Myself - IB stacking got interrupted
    Next - Jammy Sutra > SS > Nix > Gush Myself - dead

we tried to atleast 5 times and this works, his only level 74 so why don't you go try then talk, very few wizards know how to play their class. Most people think behind a 8x as a level, and the ability to read ecatomb is all they need but let me tell you this, test it in game the diffrence is there.

Also note: I'm not a wizard, I will never do this combo it's here for you to see, and to help you, not me.
    so Relax, take a timtam and try it :)
    edited April 2009
    The simple fact you have nulled this combo without even trying it will be the reason so many wizards are deemed 'fail'

I'm not here to tell you how to be a wizard, I'm here to share what I learnt with you.
    anyway this combo is only good until you make a better one.
    1st spark > FoW > Sutra > SS > Nix
    or
    DS > 1st spark > FoW > SS > Nix (Never tried this one just guessing)
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    you cannot stack enough IB in that 3 second countdown.

You can use a wellspring wich will save you no matter what unless your hp is too low.
    and no, I don't have 2.4khp and no, I dont have 200 vit. with 3vit you have 1510hp, to get 3khp you need like 250vit lol, that's a LC cleric?

I'm LA Cleric (lvl66) wich means I have 5 vit and my hp already is 2432, I'm not one bit refined and I use 3 star equipment except my TT sword of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    If sandstorm-phoenix-gush will kill a cleric, you might as well just sit there and drop a tempest on them. Why waste effort on a oneshot?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    lol, the combo isn't that great.. it seems like you are just so bad that you lose to it.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    but let me say this, I actually tested this, I know it works.

Jammmy did it to me, before I could cast IB I was dead. it happend like this

During count down - Jammmy 1st sparked Myself - Started to stack IB
    After count - Jammmy cast FoW Myself - IB stacking got interrupted
    Next - Jammy Sutra > SS > Nix > Gush Myself - dead

we tried to atleast 5 times and this works, his only level 74 so why don't you go try then talk, very few wizards know how to play their class. Most people think behind a 8x as a level, and the ability to read ecatomb is all they need but let me tell you this, test it in game the diffrence is there.

Also note: I'm not a wizard, I will never do this combo it's here for you to see, and to help you, not me.
    so Relax, take a timtam and try it :)

Unmmm why didn't you sleep him, finish your heal stack then own him with your plume shot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
    edited April 2009
    @Mizorie, FoW is faster than Chromatic seal, I can't win. If I somehow sleep > plume shot he will wake up, FoW > Sutra > Heal himself > SS > nix > gush if course the FoW won't last long enough for him to do that but unless I can kill a wizar with 2 plume shots, I'm dead. or I can stack IB when I sleep him.

@Kris because clerics have a little shield in their untility belt called "plume shell" why would you BT on that? ' fail '

oh and no, this is not a cleric slaying combo, by level 79 with Guardian light or if a cleric can stack enough IBs we won't lose.

Wizards are easy for clerics, but atleast this is a combo a wizard can use.
    and tbh I never lost to a wizard that hasnt used this combo.

@Mikel_Oru, yes wellspring can indeed save us, but in this scenario the wizard is under sutra, and were dead before we're done channelling.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    @Mizorie, I can't win.

@Kris because clerics have a little shield in their untility belt called "plume shell" thats why you use the ingenious idea of FOW and then BT. wow I ' fail '

I'm a nub

Wizards are easy for clerics, but atleast this is a combo a wizard can use.
    and tbh I never beat a wizard because im a nub carebear.

@Mikel_Oru, again I'm an annoying carebear that knows nothing.

fixed... b:pleased
  • missqq
    edited April 2009
    Mystic, you fail. /thread
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well I was dueling a wizard who did this,

1st spark > force of will > sutra > SS > nix (if not dead) Distance shrink > gush

you ever lost with that combo as a wizard? because a wizard I know ownz alot with that.

Your instant win Duel ticket: Sutra + Mountain Seize.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear
    RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So much QQ and drama over Duels.... I dont wanna imagine whats gonna happen when this guy start PvP'ing b:thanks
  • missqq
    edited April 2009
    So much QQ and drama over Duels.... I dont wanna imagine whats gonna happen when this guy start PvP'ing b:thanks

says the wizard from HEAVEN'S TEAR.