Should I invest in the dolls?

Options
Mothra - Lost City
Mothra - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
The only reason I'm on a PVP server to begin with is my friend who was already playing told me to go there. I have no interest in attacking anyone right now; don't know about the future.

Anyway with my name constantly being white, is there enough of a possibility (if any) that I'll drop something when killed? Obviously I don't instigate fights, but there are more than enough people out there who kill me because they just feel like it. I'd really hate to lose any of my fashion in particular cause I went and used real money instead of saving up ingame.
Post edited by Mothra - Lost City on

Comments

• Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Nope, on very RARE occasion you'll drop an inventory item while white, but nothing equipped will drop. And you won't drop any equipped items while 'pink' either (after hitting someone you turn pink)
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothra - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thanks! That means I can fight back I guess.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Just keep in mind that there is a chance to drop something from your inventory if you go pink - so if there's anything valuable in your inventory, you probably don't want to go pink.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    But if your really serious about Pking and actually wants to "Player Kill". Like actually attack other people... you know.. PvP?

Guardian Angels (or dolls) are recommended because after the first kill, you turn pink for 2 hours and get a 20% chance to DROP ANY EQUIPPED ITEM OR INVENTORY ITEM (inventory item up to 20).

And the more you kill, the worse the penalty.

So either bind all your equips so you will never ever trade them or be able to do anything with them. Or buy a few guardian angels. Or be so pro that no one will be able to kill you and you can pretty much rule the game.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Mothra - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I will definitely get some angels if I decide to PK, but I just wanted to make sure I won't lose my clothes while I'm docile.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    thats y end game pk is fun ^^ all hh90 eq binded with ornaments binded
    b:chuckleb:laughb:pleased
  • Tehfishy - Heavens Tear
    Tehfishy - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Just make sure you don't have anything valuable in your inv.

Dolls are nice for not losing EXP when losing in PvE.

Also if you do happen to kill someone you can sometimes go red
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    As you get higher level, even if you don't PK it's always nice to have a few GA's in inventory in case you die... no exp loss dying from mobs.

At your level it's a personal call, but once you get into 6x-7x, the amount you'd spend on a doll is easily worth the hour or two of grinding you'd have to make up if you get ganked by mobs.

And if someone repetitively KSes you or you see someone you just HATE, you can PK them without worrying about dropping anything.

So, dual purpose.