Lack of Ammo?

Options
Kyenna - Heavens Tear
Kyenna - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Archer
I just started playing my Archer and ran out of arrows. I read somewhere that it is a waste of money to craft your own arrows and should be able to get by on drops. However the only ammo drops i've ever got were for slingshots. Can you not buy arrows from an NPC other than going to the Auction House (where the arrows are rare to find there anyway)?
Post edited by Kyenna - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tieresius - Lost City
    Tieresius - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Go to the Blacksmith. One of the tabs says ammo.
  • Clarityness - Sanctuary
    Clarityness - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It is easier to just buy arrows from the blacksmith, Always buy the lowest arrow to make cost less :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    Annondae - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Blacksmiths sell ammo. It's under the "Shot" tab in their trade list.
  • Kyenna - Heavens Tear
    Kyenna - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Okay, so the blacksmith sells them. Thanks guys :D
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    it isn't exactly expensive to make your own, just need a few low lvl materials

just thought i point this out
  • Charizrd - Heavens Tear
    Charizrd - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    its really expensive to make it but its worht making a few.

Mostly u can only make a few but then u have chance of getting elite arrows which can be used for pvp while the normal ones u can buy and use for pve.
  • Cufaen - Sanctuary
    Cufaen - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Why does everyone say it is expensive to make arrows? I haven't bought an arrow or bolt in maybe 30 levels. If you are patient and know how to farm, just hit every tree stump you see and every coal mine you find. 2 logs, 1 coal dust = 100 arrows and you have a chance to make them +1% Crit. With the next level wood, whatever it's called, you get the next level arrows again with the chance for +1% crit.
    "Lead me, follow me but get out of my way!"
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    My archer isn't even using normal arrows any more. She farms every Old tree stum, blackiron mine, and coal mine she finds and makes the second grade ammo. It's free, completely, and she gets a chance to make elite ammo, too. Between those and the drops, I have ammo coming out of my ears.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    100 arrows costs 200 coins to buy from a blacksmith. Logs and coal you can sell for at least 1000 each. Why use 3000 coins worth of mats to make 200 coins worth of arrows? It's better to use those mats for other crafting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Cufaen - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    100 arrows costs 200 coins to buy from a blacksmith. Logs and coal you can sell for at least 1000 each. Why use 3000 coins worth of mats to make 200 coins worth of arrows? It's better to use those mats for other crafting.

You are WHAT level? Farm, my dear, free.
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    Keroman - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You are WHAT level? Farm, my dear, free.

But by using those mats you are losing money.
    Farm & sell mats = 3000 coins. Take away cost of arrows, 2800 coins.
    Farm & use mats = 0 coins.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The answer to this is twofold. One, it can take days to sell any sizable amount of those mats, even in the best locations. Two, you can make elite arrows, which (if you really are into selling) can sell for 1K a piece, and come in batches of 100. In a set of 10 craftings, I usually get 3 groups of elite, that's potentially 300K in elite arrows for about 30K worth of mats.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    But by using those mats you are losing money.
    Farm & sell mats = 3000 coins. Take away cost of arrows, 2800 coins.
    Farm & use mats = 0 coins.

I sometimes put up a kitty shop, with materials for sale for prices below cash shop bulk rates and no one buys anything. If I plug my experience into your treatment of this issue, I get:

Farm & sell mats = nothing.

And when I care about elite ammo...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Even if you dont sell them to players the npc value of 2 logs and 1 iron is 360 coins. Enough to buy 180 arrows.

As far as elite arrows... do people actually buy those? <_< They drop by the hundreds in fb19. I understand its to use for the 1% crit arrow bug that doesn't actually even work.. I can't imagine people selling more than 10 of those a day. Calling it "potentially 300k" worth of arrows would be true if you leave your computer on for a month and waste $15 of electricity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    arg...how about this save up your money then when you have enough buy like 6000+ to 8000+ arrows there problems solved for like 30 lvls (atm my archer has 6572 lvl 4-16 arrows and still 50k)
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Umm, not to criticize you too much or anything Ganiju, but why buy? After about 10 lvls on nice slingshots, my archer had saved up that many lvl 1 arrows (mainly from drops) and almost that many lvl 2 arrows (mostly drops with some manufacturing).
  • Cufaen - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Got another way of getting shotarrows/bolts too. A pair of friends, a veno and wiz that send everything they get to me via the mail. Goes for Mats I need to make the shot/arrows/bolts as well.
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    Keroman - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I've run through 10k shot in a day's grinding before, and according to my calculations it would be pretty easy to use more.

Having friends send you ammo is great, too.
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    Kusider - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I try to have about 8k worth now. Normally I find enough to not buy that often, but I have had to buy a few times.

One thing, I've got a few of those Elite arrows, some with +crit and some with -channeling, but they never seem to sell. I've had em for weeks and can't even get them to go for 200 each, whether it be at blacksmith in archo, AH or just in trade, I just can't sell them. :|
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    arg...how about this save up your money then when you have enough buy like 6000+ to 8000+ arrows there problems solved for like 30 lvls (atm my archer has 6572 lvl 4-16 arrows and still 50k)

I am not sure how this works for you... I mean, I do not use arrows, I use shot, but... last week I used 40,000 shots.
  • Succubae - Dreamweaver
    Succubae - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I understand its to use for the 1% crit arrow bug that doesn't actually even work.

Are you sure about that ?
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Are you sure about that ?

Yes. It was tested by a player over several hundred attacks then confirmed that it does nothing by a GM.