harsh penalties

bossyumi
bossyumi Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Suggestion Box
Well I'm sure I'm not alone on this. I'm tired of level 80+ characters pking level 30's. First it isn't fair to pit level 30's against level 80+ characters. Personally I think it's utterly ridiculous that a level 80+ character feels the need to pk someone 50-60 levels below them. It's like they think "ooooh we've been playing for a couple years lets go kill players who have only been playing for a week so we can show them how superior we are to them"

So in conclusion, you should implement a system where you can not attack anyone that is more than 20 levels below your own, this will balance the game to make it more friendly to all players not tipped in the high levels favor. Or implement extremely harsh penalties for those who do kill people more than 20 levels below their own....Because lets face it, it's pathetic to kill players that are 50 levels below you.

It to the point where new players cant play anymore because level 80+ pkers camp out the popular low level quest zones just waiting to kill people that are 50-60 levels below them.. It'll happen like this...pretty soon this game will be known as a game that's unfriendly to new players and no one new will join.
Post edited by bossyumi on

Comments

• Existzero - Harshlands
    Existzero - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yup, already went through that there are harsh penelties for repeated pk's but... usually people around level 80 that do that just stock up on guardian angles and then the circumvent the penelty.
  • bossyumi
    edited April 2009
    Then remove the guardian angels, or put a limit on how many of them a character can have at a time. players are clearly abusing them.

The penalty could also be changed to include like stat reductions while red and the inability to fly while red, decreased movement speed while red....stuff like that
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    bossyumi wrote: »
    Then remove the guardian angels, or put a limit on how many of them a character can have at a time. players are clearly abusing them.

That will NEVER, and I mean NEVER happen on the face of the Earth. Less or No GAs = less money. less money = nty.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Existzero - Harshlands
    Existzero - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think your best off with the pvp level cap idea.
  • bossyumi
    edited April 2009
    That will NEVER, and I mean NEVER happen on the face of the Earth. Less or No GAs = less money. less money = nty.

yea good point, less profits means it'll never happen
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you are in a pvp server..well you pvp
    if you not dont flag up.

IF pvp have so much rules to follow whats the point.
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    We have many options to stop exactly the kind of behavior you dislike. They are called Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, and Dreamweaver.

People from other versions didn't like perma-PK mode. So they gave a PvE server a shot. Judging by the numbers, it was a success. Don't roll PvP if you don't want to...you know...PvP.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    PWI will never cut its profits. GA's are used for no XP loss and are all but required at high level. Not dropping your gear is all they are used for in PK and items can still be bound to prevent that.
    Best bet if your getting sniped by high levs is to get into a faction and have a name over your head to protect you. They kill you, your faction hunts them. They won't stay and haunt an area when they know a faction is rolling out to mete punishment.
  • bossyumi
    edited April 2009
    PWI will never cut its profits. GA's are used for no XP loss and are all but required at high level. Not dropping your gear is all they are used for in PK and items can still be bound to prevent that.
    Best bet if your getting sniped by high levs is to get into a faction and have a name over your head to protect you. They kill you, your faction hunts them. They won't stay and haunt an area when they know a faction is rolling out to mete punishment.

I have some GuardianZ watching my back, they usually roll anyone who kills me but that doesn't stop pathetic users from camping on heavens tear waiting for players to come get or turn in quests. For example Titus of DieHard decided to camp hero tomb and killed me, Densetsu a lvl 93 blademaster and Makeemwet from GuardianZ came and rolled him.

And even on a pvp server there should be some rules about pking those 50 levels under you......unless i read wrong the pvp server is there so you can test your strength against other players, now how is 1 shotting a person 50 levels below you "testing" your strength. seems more like just being an **** to me
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Consider it a Rite of Passage.....it is not like we all have not been there. b:surrender

Even at high levels you get pk'd by people 10+ levels higher then you.

People will continue to cry about this but the solution is to roll a PvE server where you do not have to deal with it.

And I have said before..most of the people I know who felt the same way you do, change there minds once they realize they that they can now kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • bossyumi
    edited April 2009
    Consider it a Rite of Passage.....it is not like we all have not been there. b:surrender

Even at high levels you get pk'd by people 10+ levels higher then you.

People will continue to cry about this but the solution is to roll a PvE server where you do not have to deal with it.

And I have said before..most of the people I know who felt the same way you do, change there minds once they realize they that they can now kill.

i'm not saying anything about pking being all bad, only that pking people 40 and 50 levels below you is kinda pathetic. when you're within 10 levels of another player you atleast stand a chance of winning and or escaping. when a player thats 40 and 50 levels above you its an instant kill 1 or 2 shots
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    bossyumi wrote: »
    i'm not saying anything about pking being all bad, only that pking people 40 and 50 levels below you is kinda pathetic.

and IM saying that i agree, it is pathetic. but i do it too. we have the RIGHT to pk them. people who turn on pk mode should be aware of people like US.
    especially so since it is a pve server. if you're not ok with people like US pking u all the time unfairly, you can ALWAYS turn it off...

there is no fair play... its all about FIGHTING DIRTY whether it be chasing lower lvls from the air, using pots, logging off to escape, etcetera.
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Buffer - Dreamweaver
    Buffer - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You see this on any game that allows open PvP. High levels picking on the low levels isn't anything new. Applying too many rules and limits to PK takes away the point of having open PvP servers. Thats what the PvE servers are meant for.
  • Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I take it none of you were ever new at this game. If you were, you would know that you have to try things out to know what's going on. For example, the ten hour wait period on PK-mode wasn't really advertised, to my gf. She got pked while waiting in front of the Untamed FB19. Put a level limit on the PK-mode. No additional penalties. Just a limit on the level gap between the fighters.

If you want to stick to penalties, give a debuff to the high level character that pk's the lower level one. A debuff that has penalties and length based on the lvl gap. So, instead of making it impossible for a level 80 to attack a level 30, make it regrettable. Give them a 1-hour debuff to HP, MP, Physical Attack, Magical Attack, and, just to be a pain, make it so they can't gain chi. You could call it karma. =P

Of course, there is already a Karma system implemented, in another enjoyable game, but wishing for that is bound to cause problems.
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It is always a bad idea to ask for a company to add limited to any game... Usualy what ends up as final version always has horrible side-effects.

So once you have this in place, and you still got BBQed by someone your level but with far better gear, you would come crying to the forums again, this time asking that PVP should only be allowed between people that have similar gear, because it is very unfair for all those people with +12 gear to kill you when you only use 1 star +0 gear. Also, make it so magic attacks have no effect on your barb, since it is not fair to have people attack you with magic when you only have pdef gear. or Pattacks to have no effect on your robe nuking mage, because after all , it is not fair for them to hit you where you have no defenses.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Saomuel - Dreamweaver
    Saomuel - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    "At the very I got prepared to kill my enemy,
    I've got also prepared to be killed by him"

Okina, from Rurouni Kenshin
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No... pvp server.. no... just take it as a push to get stronger people..
  • Arielan - Heavens Tear
    Arielan - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The ppl that are high lvl and attack low lvls are called cowards, they usually cannot beat a player that is the same lvl as them, so they pick on low lvls that cannot beat them yet. But the easy solution is like everyone sadi don't go into pk mode, or go to a PvE server, simple as that. If you wanna fight other players just duel them.
  • Cutlsp - Lost City
    Cutlsp - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think GMs should watch for the people that camp out areas pking people better. Then punish the people that camp areas and pk low level players.
    If a few bad pkers got punished for their actions the others would cut down on pking lower lvls.
  • Ranam - Dreamweaver
    Ranam - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I apologize in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

PVP can be chaotic. thats part of the charm. I like the idea that in a pvp setting or serve you can kill anyone, theres a plus side to the random carnage. Some annoying person irks you some how, you can do something about it other than just glare at him/her or send empty threats in a whisper lol
    Far as putting limits on pvp mode/serve, there is an easy fix that dosent take away from the fun of slaughtering your fellow man.If some ones 20+ on ya then they recieve no benefit from killing you(ie no xp, no loot drop). To some what discourage the idea a simple display on character info that cant be blocked about how many people they've killed within the level cap and out side it. who knows, but if the worse thing that happens is you just die and have to walk back, oh well.

To recap: Killing people of all walks of life and levels =Good
    Being rewarded for a no challenge kill (or stlye) = Bad

On a side note, people that quick log should be allowed to for non game related issues but in pvp mode/serve thier character should remain for 30 seconds. why? people that ditch out are cowards pure and simple, take your lickings lol we all have.
  • jadoran
    jadoran Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't get the ppl that say just change severs, like i'm gonna restart a new character after that reach level 30