Damage check at 7x

Quilue - Sanctuary
Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Archer
mine is about 3k-5k at the moment with wind and clouds, what were/are yours?

the reason i ask is because it has come to my attention that my damage sucks. this vit barb in my faction hits 2k-5k with thunderbolt axes, read - VIT barb. im pissed because i sacrifice any and all survivability for dex, and i hit as much as a vit barb standing up? dont even get me started on crits, if this guy gets berserk axes then i'm pretty much obsolete. tell me it gets better...or maybe i'm doing something wrong? (dont have TT70 yet)
Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
Qui: b:dirty
Post edited by Quilue - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Yayforme - Lost City
    Yayforme - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    something must be wrong u almost 20 lvls higher than me and ur hittin about what im hittin
    UR ALL JEALOUS b:cool b:cool b:cool

IGN: YayForMe b:mischievous
  • Miyakoto - Heavens Tear
    Miyakoto - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    doesnt sound right... im at 4-6.6k right now with 24% rate... so no way... secondly... whats your orna and dex bonuses at and how much refinement and sharding is in your wep?
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol WTF. I use Chained Jail TT80 Xbow +3 2 flawless and am pure dex...3.7k-6.8k, how can u hit 3k-5k ???(To YAYFORME)
    ^^^^^how do have 24% crit omg lol
    edited April 2009
    341 dex + 2% crit rate x2 rings, amulet ofblackhand (only use for pvp) lol, flashfire (23 when i swap to soulsmasher), ornas and gold80 equips bring it to 24% almost 25 =)
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    mine is about 3k-5k at the moment with wind and clouds, what were/are yours?

My physical attack with wind and clouds matches yours.
    edited April 2009
    341 dex + 2% crit rate x2 rings, amulet ofblackhand (only use for pvp) lol, flashfire (23 when i swap to soulsmasher), ornas and gold80 equips bring it to 24% almost 25 =)

err i envy you :P....umm whats your refine on flash fire? your base damg seems like the gold bow.
    edited April 2009
    ah my gold bow is +5 flash is only +2 since i primarily use gold bow lol

as for wind and clouds dmg that sounds about right, but im not too sure as mine was +5... still trying to sell it lol
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    hmm thanks guys that's good to know. as for +dex, i dont have a lot of that atm cuz i just put on these molds recently and they dont give dex (at least the mdef ones dont). im at 320 dex atm

rings are cheap mob drops (hmmm is misty forest worth it on an archer? i'll totally get it if it means i'll NEVER miss), but i am searching for some cheap +dex rings

but what about the 2nd part of my question? are we like totally gimped in damage compared to zerk axe wielding barbs in general? please assume equivalent amount of coins invested into both chars, i realize i cant exactly compare wielding a wind and clouds while lvl 70 zerk axes costs 5-6mil
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    For 81 lvls as an archer I realised that the power of our class is the CRIT rate, not the dmg. You will feel no difference if u hit 100 or 120 dmg per hit but u will definetly fell the difference if u hit crit 1 in 4 times, instead of 1 in 5 or 1 in 6. More crit - better for you. That's why many ppls choose to go Demon. Nevertheless I think sage is better for pk b:thanks
    Right now I am using the returning squall + 4 with 2 flawless garnets and I am planning to refine it to +6 maybe not now..but in the middle 80's.
    Have only 22 % crit but until 90 wil have about 26 - 27 %. Don't care wheter my dmg is 3 -6 k or 3.3 - 6.4k cause I won't fell the difference anyway.
    So my advice is - don't pay attention to dmg - have good crit rate and you will rock. b:laugh
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
    edited April 2009
    lol i agree kinda. The zerk axe barbs hit like same on me as me using metal on them, its kinda not fair lolb:shocked
  • Yayforme - Lost City
    Yayforme - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    o lol my bad im not hittin 3k-5k

but no barb hits like i do at my lvl
    UR ALL JEALOUS b:cool b:cool b:cool

IGN: YayForMe b:mischievous
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    is misty forest worth it on an archer? i'll totally get it if it means i'll NEVER miss

If I understand how accuracy works, two misty forest rings would change a 98% hit rate into a 99% hit rate.

And, I think they would be very worthwhile.
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    Keroman - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm not convinced by the hit rate... even with 98% hit, I can still miss every 2 mobs or so... even so much as 3 or 4 times per mob. 98% my ****.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    2 misty forest is like 20mil b:shocked

i have yet to seen anyone with 2 equipped. but yah i totally hear you on the miss part. miss on "98%" 3 times in a row occasionally
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    there is nothing wrong, its just that wind and clouds is a sling, and it has high min and low max damage.
    edited April 2009
    mm talk to Mosz, he equips 2 misties =) lol i sold mine and went 2% and waiting on 90 for mastadors
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I'm not convinced by the hit rate... even with 98% hit, I can still miss every 2 mobs or so... even so much as 3 or 4 times per mob. 98% my ****.

98% (or maybe 97.5%) will be your chance for missing on one shot. If your base chance for missing one shot were 97.5% then your chance of not missing would be

1 shot: 98%
    2 shots: 95%
    3 shots: 93%
    4 shots: 90%
    5 shots: 88%
    6 shots: 86%
    7 shots: 84%
    8 shots: 82%
    9 shots: 80%
    10 shots: 78%
    11 shots: 76%
    12 shots: 74%

But maybe we have secret modifiers on our base hit chance?
  • Angel - Harshlands
    Angel - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    umm. archers have absolutely no need for misty forrest rings. you will still miss occasionally either way. much better off with crit rings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]youtube.com/Angelolwut
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    mm talk to Mosz, he equips 2 misties =) lol i sold mine and went 2% and waiting on 90 for mastadors

shh quiet il get flamed for not using crit rings, although workin on mastadons for that (and yes i know how hard they are)
    the high attack from misty is nice and the accu was nice against pesky high dex bms , but yah im not a PKer i was actualy plannin on using just 1 misty and the 88crit ring but yah im crazyyy im not giving out any advice either way here
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    oh man, it's got to be every archer's dream to have 2 rings of mastodon str some day
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    just saw a sage barb today with 2 mastadon rings.....i want those rings....b:cry
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Mastadon rings do look nice, but I need thirteen levels before I can wear them, and I will also need lots of patient friends if I am going to be finding four giant beast shells.
    umm. archers have absolutely no need for misty forrest rings. you will still miss occasionally either way. much better off with crit rings.

Archers on harshlands might not need them, but I know I need them.

I especially needed them when I was fighting in TW but they would also help me greatly in PvE.