People really complain about healing ourselves during duels?

Daialura - Heavens Tear
Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
So I experienced that little issue for the first time after a duel and it made me stop and think: Isn't that what clerics do?

Have you all experienced that before? What's your take, is it just sour grapes? Sore loser perhaps?

It seems to me that a cleric who's asked not to heal would be like a BM being asked not to stun or a Barb to drop his HP a few thousand points first or a Veno to keep their pet put away....

I mean, really? Really?

It blew my mind that someone actually questioned my healing myself... Like, hellooo, Cleric here.... How can people think that a healing/support class wouldn't heal/support themselves as needed? ,( >_>)?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
Post edited by Daialura - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wow, really? People actually complaining about a cleric healing themselves. LMAO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So I experienced that little issue for the first time after a duel and it made me stop and think: Isn't that what clerics do?

It seems to me that a cleric who's asked not to heal would be like a BM being asked not to stun or a Barb to drop his HP a few thousand points first or a Veno to keep their pet put away....

The above sums it up!

I have been in many duels and right before the start, the opposition will tell me "no healing allowed." As a result, I respond back "the you cannot stun me in anyway," "no pet," etc. Needless to say they are not happy about that.

But I agree with you 100%! It is one of our skills and therefore we should be able to use it. It is different it you use a pot, which you don't need really, but healing is all part of our skill set. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary
    ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ha, I agree with you all 100%

it's funny really, many times when i have dueled in the past I will get the comment, "well you only won because of your heals"

which I in turn respond. ."well, yessss, an your point??"

I will admit, early on I fell for the whole healing is unfair during duels bit, and I feel bad or doing so. If I can't heal, then why should ever other race get to use 100% of there abilities while i can't

For every cleric out there, whenever you are told you are cheating by healing, ignore them.

May you enjoy your many years of healing to come b:chuckle
  • Santra - Heavens Tear
    Santra - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yup i had that happen to me as well i dueled a BM about 5 lvls above me and beat him 3 times after the 3rd time he asked me not to heal and we dueled again and i won again, but yes its what we do we heal ourselfs to stay alive when in need of heals b:victory
    Santra
    Attk Cleric FTW b:laugh
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I was never asked not to heal myself but I did get called a cheater cuz my hp was above 70% by the end of the duel. Those things are bound to happen, it's a given.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I've never heard of a cleric not healing themselves during a duel. The only thing I've seen people get upset about is if a cleric heals someone else who is in a duel. Clerics have to heal during a duel, otherwise they are just giving up.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    its pretty unfair to other classes, but its a good point that its in your skill set. i hate it when clerics heal and i usually dont waste the mana to beat them. i mean anyone can win with a lvl 10 ironheart stacked on them, pfft a wizard can beat a archer with that. but its a skill and no one can stop you from using your skills
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • stormhydra
    stormhydra Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The only rule that should be in every single duel out there is NO POTS. and anyway, if a cleric keeps healing they will run out of mana, then they cant use pots so they die.
    Steam Acc - Blugblugy || Steam Nickname - Blugyblug ||Xfire - Blugyblug || - Call of Duty 4/Modern Warfare 2/COD: Black Ops - Blugyblug ||League of Legends - Blugyblug||Forsaken World - Coalescence (mage)
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, the subtle hate that comes from other classes might be because that "healing" doesn't have a "pvp reduction", which results in a constant "out heal" situation, until the damage gets serious... (though I have not officially tested this, nor have it confirmed, thus "no pvp reduction heal" is still a hypothesis...)
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hahah, duels are pathetic.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    its pretty unfair to other classes, but its a good point that its in your skill set. i hate it when clerics heal and i usually dont waste the mana to beat them. i mean anyone can win with a lvl 10 ironheart stacked on them, pfft a wizard can beat a archer with that. but its a skill and no one can stop you from using your skills

Why unfair? if healing is unfair then also venos fighting with pets is unfair or barbs fighting with all that hp is unfair or archers with their crits is unfair and so on..
    Hahah, duels are pathetic.

And PK is not? What do you gain in PK? oh right you gain some stuff from n00bs that go around without GAs or n00bs generally that can't efford GAs yet, sounds fun.

Btw. that's out of the topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    actualy its more then fair for the other player to not use some skills also if we cant use ironheart examlple : BMs shouldnt use stun then and venos should use pets.

If theyre complaining of us using our heals ok np get rid of ur pet and dont use some of ur own skills.

Ewery race and clas in PWI has its strengts and weakneses and no one is gona tell me to not heal miself id rather not ewen duel u at all.

I mean whats the point of duels if not testing whose skils are stronger?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    And PK is not? What do you gain in PK? oh right you gain some stuff from n00bs that go around without GAs or n00bs generally that can't efford GAs yet, sounds fun.

Actually, PK requires skill. Unlike duels, where charms don't tick, and there's nothing to worry about if you die. Duels need no skill at all. I beat a lv90 Axe BM with my fists, using no skills at all. Why? she couldn't land many hits on me. In PK, the charm would tick before I could kill her everytime. There alot of skill is required.

Though I'm on a carebear server, I stick by the fact that duels are pathetic. b:cute

/end off topic.
  • Yuggy - Heavens Tear
    Yuggy - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    "/end off topic." Lol, no more discussion, capn big pants says so.

But anyway, you could look at it the opposite way, having a charm ticking means it takes less skill to stay alive and therefore less skill than a duel.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Actually, PK requires skill. Unlike duels, where charms don't tick, and there's nothing to worry about if you die. Duels need no skill at all. I beat a lv90 Axe BM with my fists, using no skills at all. Why? she couldn't land many hits on me. In PK, the charm would tick before I could kill her everytime. There alot of skill is required.

Though I'm on a carebear server, I stick by the fact that duels are pathetic. b:cute

/end off topic.

Err you're not the only person that actually PKs you know, I've PKed too. It doesn't need skill it only needs some wits, everyone that PKs knows that sneaking is the way to go and hell it works. Duels are different. Also charm just makes life a bit easier so less skill if you see it from that view. The good part about PK is that more people can participate and that's fun but when it comes to one on one Duel is better. It IS the fairest a fight can get after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear
    Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Have you all experienced that before? What's your take, is it just sour grapes? Sore loser perhaps?

I mean, really? Really?

It blew my mind that someone actually questioned my healing myself... Like, hellooo, Cleric here.... How can people think that a healing/support class wouldn't heal/support themselves as needed? ,( >_>)?

like wtf i so hate that when somone tells me its unfair, they just gonna have to deal with it if they cant beat you with heals, its like saying to a veno dont use pet, or a barb saying not to do alot of damage. it is so fair to use heals, dont ever let anyone tell you you cant its not right. every one has their own advantages.
    A Faction leader is not just someone that helps the faction its self, but also gives back and helps the world. *If not then what kind of leader are you ?o.0

*Faction or not -help those in need.*
    Let me know if i can be of any help in anyway, Im up for just about anything.b:victory
  • Sapheon - Dreamweaver
    Sapheon - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I've never PK'ed... never Dueled.

But it sounds like those who ask a Cleric not to heal in a duel is trying to get an easy win, that's all.

Don't be bothered by it so much.

Even if you can beat someone like that without healing yourself, it probably won't mean a lot to you either way b:victory
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Even if you can beat someone like that without healing yourself, it probably won't mean a lot to you either way b:victory

Beating someone without heals is not rare. I duel every single day I play and I PK too by time to time when I feel like it and can afford GAs. I always and I mean always try to get the duel done without healing. The resault? well just ask someone that knows me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    wtf rofl u **** are cheap lol
    healing in duels is sooooooo **** lol learn2 play
  • RenixD - Sanctuary
    RenixD - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I agree with all of you guys. I have been in duels that wouldnt allow me to heal myself. So like you all said above me that it is in our skill data base and why not use them. When they say you cant heal says that they want an easy win against us.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Who needs heals.. lol plume shell ftw
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • kevincarlyle
    kevincarlyle Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yes i have heard that before as well but only from people i have beat . sore loser pretty much sums it up
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Ladies and gentlemen, a PvPer that knows how to play better than us is here, show some respect and heed her words:
    wtf rofl u **** are cheap lol
    healing in duels is sooooooo **** lol learn2 play

OK I think now we all know how to play better, we thank you miss Sorbik from the realm of Lost City, you brought light upon our eyes and showed us the right path that leads to victory and glory..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Trolled so easily.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Trolled so easily.

You just troll or die trying, there's no third option...
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    You just troll or die trying, there's no third option...

...or simply make fun of the "puller" ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    ...or simply make fun of the "puller" ^^

Yes, but do it in a subtle way, geesh <.<
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I always thought the rule was no pots when it came to dueling? I have a skill to heal myself so I see no problem with a cleric healing "themselves" in a duel. In fact a week ago I fought a cleric near my level and won. She went healing crazy on herself hehe. It was still a good duel tho.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i had a duel right be4 i wrote this and the BM i was dueling was caling me a cheater <.< for healing myself and the i said ok lets do it again dont use your paralize thingy and lol what do u know? i won :D (he was my lvl)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    When it comes to duels ironhearts during countdown + plume shell = a lot of sweating for us archers. b:chuckle
    Nevertheless I love duelling clerics cause good pvp clerics are very hard to beat - this is a great challenge. I have duelled clerics who refused to heal themselves during duel but I wanted them to heal themselves cause..this is a duel - we use our skills lolz.
    So... ignore whining ppls and keep healing yourselves. b:victory

The only thing I feel sad about is that my class is the only one who can't heal itself...so I was tempted in a few duels to use hp pots lol...but I never did actually.
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....