In Game Abbreviations

meritor
meritor Posts: 81 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Hey,

I've been playing for a few months now and its always puzzled me about some of the Abbreviations that people use in-game so i was wondering if a few of you guys would be able to clear them up for me and explain how the name/abbreviation came about

FB
HH
TT
Dolls
Heroi
SoF

Feel free to add any more as i think this will be a big help to new players who are a little confused by the abbreviations in PWI,

M,
Post edited by meritor on

Comments

• Creande - Heavens Tear
    Creande - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    FB=fuben (chinese for dungeon)
    TT=HH=twilight temple
    SoF=source of force, the items you need for a hercules.

in the beginner section of the forum there is a sticky called "Sticky: Commonly used abbreviations"
    you could go and check that maybe
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There you go mate :
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=941
    Link to most of in-game abbreviations

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meritor
    meritor Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I didnt even know there was a beginner section, oh well only 56 levels to late,
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well ignore hiero/HH theyre only used on this forums for some odd reason, theyre called charms/Twilight tower in PWI, the former recovers HP/MP automatically and the latter is an endgame instance dungeon.

Fb = fuben like mentioned, AKA call to duty quests every x9 levels (cept 51 and 70)

Id think doll = guardian angel? = no exp loss/item drops on death /PK

Sof =cash shop item source of force for rare herc pet.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    HH is used in-game a lot.

HH and Heiro (short for heirogram) are their names in PW-MY.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lost city tends to use those names while the other servers use PWI names (except for FB which is pretty universal).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i'm still confused about HH. even in this thread there isnt a consensus on it either.

things ive heard: hell hound, heaven and hell, twilight temple.

why or HOW in the world TT became HH is beyond me. this also seems to be the most common meaning of HH when used, and hell hound is a close second. i'm constantly hearing people talking about HH90/80/70 gear and it's really annoying and confusing. "lets go for TT 1-2 so i can make my HH" o.O
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think HH might go back to Heaven and Hell? Don't know, I wasn't on the MY version.

I play Harshlands and the MY names of things are common. You almost always see HH instead of TT, and I havent' seen a person call their charm a charm yet - it's always Hiero.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    HH = Holy Hall of Dusk. Name was changed in PWi to TT= Twilight Temple

Anyone remember the fun names and crazy translation in the MA? I recall several odd npcs named things like Van Helsing and Iron Chef.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't know Chinese, but I heard the FB = Fu Ben = roughly iron tablet in Chinese.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't know Chinese, but I heard the FB = Fu Ben = roughly iron tablet in Chinese.

It does actually which should become obvious when each time you go to do the challenge quest you are given an Iron Tablet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I still dont get the whole need to refer to MY-EN, this isnt my en, and no one on sanctuary calls things hieros or HH. it just sounds ignorant. although i can understand FB, which is like, way easier than saying CALL TO DUTY 'such and such,' modern lexicon should refer to its actual name and meaning, not what common derailment led it to be.

Like whos seen Lucky Star and their explanation on the word tsundere on lucky channel. Such a perfect example :V.
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    FB= dungeon at 12.29.39.51. ect
    HH= Hellhound, one of many mounts.
    TT= Twilight temple. a type of dungeon used for gathering weopon and armor mats.
    Dolls=?
    Heroi=?
    SoF= sorce of force, need 9999 to make the legendary veno pet hercules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • h1meyou
    h1meyou Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    FB = fuben = (literally) "a copy of" in Chinese which translate to an "instance"
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I still dont get the whole need to refer to MY-EN, this isnt my en, and no one on sanctuary calls things hieros or HH. it just sounds ignorant. although i can understand FB, which is like, way easier than saying CALL TO DUTY 'such and such,' modern lexicon should refer to its actual name and meaning, not what common derailment led it to be.

Like whos seen Lucky Star and their explanation on the word tsundere on lucky channel. Such a perfect example :V.

I guess because many people came from MY and kept using the abbreviations; they're used to it. new players who didn't know anything about the game learned from them...
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    When it come to "HH", regardless of which server you are on, you will have to think in context.....

"Man I really want to buy an HH" ~

This more then likely is referring to the Hell Hound mount.

"Anybody wanna come to HH 1-1?" ~

This more then likely means Holy Hall (which is called Twilight Temple in PWI) as it was called in a previous version apparently. On Sanctuary server the abbreviation most commonly used is "TT."

All the others I think have been answered well enough.b:victory
  • jdhussey
    jdhussey Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Most of those are pretty much the standard terms for things on LC.

The ones I don't understand are the abbreviations for some of the axes. I have figured out that XS is Calamitys but what is GX?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    so thats why LC uses all those! i started there, and still tend to think using the MY names for things, like calling my kowlin a dharma, the TT the HH, and so on. my poor kitty-she has a name, but i have never gotten comfortable with calling her a kowlin-she is **far** from looking like a cow!-that i have wound up not calling her anything, since if i tell people she is a dharma, they go '...what??' :-P
    I guess because many people came from MY and kept using the abbreviations; they're used to it. new players who didn't know anything about the game learned from them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Desolate - Lost City
    Desolate - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    jdhussey wrote: »
    Most of those are pretty much the standard terms for things on LC.

The ones I don't understand are the abbreviations for some of the axes. I have figured out that XS is Calamitys but what is GX?

GX are Calloused Lionheart Hatchets.
    Dolls are Guardian Angels.
    Heiros are charms.