Celestone Box = Expensive Mirage NPC?

Options
Arteg - Sanctuary
Arteg - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
I'm a little confused at the (dirt cheap) price of the celestone box. If you take the current market prices for the items you could get inside, the celestone box's average payout is only 19.6k.
(shard = 50k, element shard = 0k, mirage = 30k, fruit = 100k)

If you use it as a virtual Mirage Stone NPC, mirages cost 60k or 42k if you don't mind getting the occasional avg shard/fruit. (25 silver = 25k coin)

Am I doing something wrong with my calculations? What's the point of these boxes?
Post edited by Arteg - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Papa_bear - Dreamweaver
    Papa_bear - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    much like with gold, to drive up the price for a limited amount of time until things are stable and then another event comes to drive (insert random item here) again
    Executor of Dominion

Papa "Papi" Bear 6x barb of lovin's O_O
    ImaDUDEirl - veno
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    at 150-160k gold on HL i'd laugh at anyone who actually bought this thinking it was going to pay off.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well, you could always trigger Duke Blacke's Lucky Mode and hope that the Scarlet Fruit is what is considered lucky.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm a little confused at the (dirt cheap) price of the celestone box. If you take the current market prices for the items you could get inside, the celestone box's average payout is only 19.6k.
    (shard = 50k, element shard = 0k, mirage = 30k, fruit = 100k)

If you use it as a virtual Mirage Stone NPC, mirages cost 60k or 42k if you don't mind getting the occasional avg shard/fruit. (25 silver = 25k coin)

Am I doing something wrong with my calculations? What's the point of these boxes?

There is like no point since only the hp/mag/phy def shards and scarlet fruit is worth more than 25 silver. My guess is mirage stones cost a lot more than 20-30k on like the Chinese-server and using the boxes there might be rewarding, and we get same cash shop patches as they do. Thats the only explanation i can come up with. Since no one here will pay 25 silver for the chance of maybe getting a G5 shard or scarlet fruit.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    There is like no point since only the hp/mag/phy def shards and scarlet fruit is worth more than 25 silver. My guess is mirage stones cost a lot more than 20-30k on like the Chinese-server and using the boxes there might be rewarding, and we get same cash shop patches as they do. Thats the only explanation i can come up with. Since no one here will pay 25 silver for the chance of maybe getting a G5 shard or scarlet fruit.

Some of the G5 shards are worth more than 25 silver. HP, pdef, mdef are easily worth more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Some of the G5 shards are worth more than 25 silver. HP, pdef, mdef are easily worth more.

Yeah they're worth 60k and fruit 100k. Thats like the top price u can get from these amazing boxes. Unless its a 50% chance of getting hp/mpdef/pdef/fruit its a huge waste of money. And im pretty sure u will get like celestone fragments and mp-shards like 90% of the time <.<
  • Vivicas - Heavens Tear
    Vivicas - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It is in no way worth the silver you pay for the box.The market is flooded with high priced Fruits as it is ( and Mirages )... I hope next week they put something worth having on there.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I would pay 10silver for the box... maybe 15 silver. 25 silver is ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If anyone (Hi GMs) are looking for suggestions of what to put on sale next week, how about...................Charm Packs??? That seemed like a big hit last time right? Plenty of revenue? Let's do it. Everything else like this is just a fail.
  • MrKalamack - Lost City
    MrKalamack - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/7530

i wouldnt ever waste money on those odds.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Using the probability distribution from pwdatabase and sanctuary prices:
    Mirage = 28k
    Cele frag = 1k * 5
    Celestone of *** = 2k
    Phys / HP / Evasion / Mag shards = 50k
    All other shards = 10k
    Scarlet fruit = 100k

I get that each Celestone Box is worth 19.3k on the average. I will not be buying any at 25 silver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Using the probability distribution from pwdatabase and sanctuary prices:
    Mirage = 28k
    Cele frag = 1k * 5
    Celestone of *** = 2k
    Phys / HP / Evasion / Mag shards = 50k
    All other shards = 10k
    Scarlet fruit = 100k

I get that each Celestone Box is worth 19.3k on the average. I will not be buying any at 25 silver.

But the GMs said its dirt cheap! So you must! Everyone go go, buy those dirt cheap boxes!!!!
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I feel sorry for anyone that would pay 25 silver for these.

another PWI EVENT FAIL

EDIT: After looking at that link, you have a 20% chance to get your money's worth. 40% of the time time you'll end up spending 30-40k for a Mirage which sells for 25k on Lost City, and 40% of the time getting royally screwed. Good job PWI :P
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    But the GMs said its dirt cheap! So you must! Everyone go go, buy those dirt cheap boxes!!!!

It may be dirt cheap in next few weeks, we will all need at least 4 mirages to get our Genie right? No one knows what will be the price on mirage when every one on the server need at least 4 mirages. maybe 25k each, maybe 50k each. will see.
  • Rivyr - Heavens Tear
    Rivyr - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    PWI youve out done yourself this time, for the most useless cash shop release ever. I bought 2 gold to try this out thats 8 boxes the results
    1 celestone human ~3k
    1 celestone human ~3k
    1 celestone heaven ~3k
    1 celestone heaven ~3k
    1 mirage celestone ~20-25k
    1 mirage celestone ~20-25k
    5 celestone fragments ~5k
    5 celestone fragments ~5k
    so aprox 72k value from over 200k coins ... tell me again the purpose of this item.. sigh
  • alyona
    alyona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I bought 10, just to see. You know that "Oooo...boxes!!!" thing...

I got 2 celestone of human, 1 heaven, 2 5-celestone frags, 1 amethyst average, 4 mirages.

So...that was 250K for mirages I can buy at 20K each, frags worth 2 and 5K, and a stone that won't ever sell...total value 96K and a worthless average? Theoretically worth 50-60K, but it will never sell, and even so...clearly a huge loss. If these were 10K, or had a chance at multiple mirages or 1*/2* dragon orbs or refining transfer stones? I'd be thrilled. I WANTED to spend money on these, I had it ready, but...
  • Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If anyone (Hi GMs) are looking for suggestions of what to put on sale next week, how about...................Charm Packs??? That seemed like a big hit last time right? Plenty of revenue? Let's do it. Everything else like this is just a fail.

I've actually stopped buying charms now because of the price being so high. I eventually just lvl'd an EP instead of using HP charms to grind >.>
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Charm Packs will be back folks, no worries. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    the quack attack is back, jack!
  • laethaka_1241221170
    laethaka_1241221170 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It is in no way worth the silver you pay for the box.The market is flooded with high priced Fruits as it is ( and Mirages )... I hope next week they put something worth having on there.

this makes no sense
  • Veltore - Heavens Tear
    Veltore - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    One word for this item:Fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Charm Packs will be back folks, no worries. ;)

Well, hey, as long as you say they WILL be back, I'll wait as long as it takes. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    im pretty sure it said you had a chance to get "at least one" of the items so maybe you have a chance to get 3 average hp stones ect... if thats the case it might be worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • h1meyou
    h1meyou Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Charm packs? lol
    They probably took it out in hope of generating more income, cos you see, after having spoilt the majority of the community with cheap charm packs, everyone now seems to be so reliant on charms. GMs probably thought that majority of the charm users would still pay 4gold (400+k) for those gold charms; and they aren't very wrong on that imo b:chuckle
  • rukhmath
    rukhmath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This cs introduction is a failure.

Bring back Jollyoldjones to make up for it pls!
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    im pretty sure it said you had a chance to get "at least one" of the items so maybe you have a chance to get 3 average hp stones ect... if thats the case it might be worth it.

really?

has anybody actually gotten more than 1 item? ><

i never heard of it yet >_>
    edited April 2009
    Options
    really?

has anybody actually gotten more than 1 item? ><

i never heard of it yet >_>

This tells you exactly what you can expect to get from the box and the quantity. http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/7530
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Although another round of Charm Packs would be great. I would also settle for a good set up for the following..either in packs or preferable individually marked down sales.

Dragon orbs (sale)

Wind Widgets (sale; lets upgrade our flying mounts)

Socket Stones (sale;Yeah...lets add more sockets to our gear)
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Imo, the only sales that ever actually going to really be good are these:

1)Charm Packs

2)Dragon Orbs/Socket Stones

3)Angels/Scrolls

4)Jolly Old Jones style events where you get something worthwhile for your coin or gold.

The reason why is almost everything else in the Cash shop is just fluff. You only really need 1 mount, maybe you get a new one here or there. Same with fashion, aerogear. The items listed above are in constant need by the entire server, and more importantly, by the people who spend the most on PWI. I fail to see how any other sale could ever offer the same bang for your buck as these unless it was something crazy like 50%+ off mounts or fashion etc.
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Imo, the only sales that ever actually going to really be good are these:

1)Charm Packs

2)Dragon Orbs/Socket Stones

3)Angels/Scrolls

4)Jolly Old Jones style events where you get something worthwhile for your coin or gold.

The reason why is almost everything else in the Cash shop is just fluff. You only really need 1 mount, maybe you get a new one here or there. Same with fashion, aerogear. The items listed above are in constant need by the entire server, and more importantly, by the people who spend the most on PWI. I fail to see how any other sale could ever offer the same bang for your buck as these unless it was something crazy like 50%+ off mounts or fashion etc.

In LC or any Pk server...those things that are o=usually only "one time things" are probly in a much hugher demand there. Lose a flyer in pk..get a new one. I heard the prices for flyers are a lot higher prices on Lc ect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT