Dragon Orb Refining is it worth it?

Reenoa - Heavens Tear
Reenoa - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Hi just doing some caculation in my head and using the maths i have caculated for someone to get +12 or a whol;e set of items

Including Cape,Hat,Boots,Legs,Top,Sleeve,Weopon,2 x Rings, Necki and Velt

would cost a whopping estimation 1.3Billion coin

Now if someone does the caculation you will know that is correct.

I'm justwonderig is it even practicle to do it. Rember the cost here is jsut for the Orbs, this doesnt include mirage stones (lvl 90 items) which if tt ones would cost another chunck more coin.

So i wonder is there anyone who is crazy enough to do this. Also the prices of Orbs in Boutique shop dont go lower the higher the orb you buy. There the exact same.

So a few questions for the Staff and Players

"Is the Price of Orbs right and why so?

"Will there be any future releases such as 7 8 9 or 10 orbs to achieve this?

"Is it realy worth it? i mean to farm the 1.3billion coin would probably get you from lvl 90 - 99.

So how can we the players achieve max +12 even though the difference it will make will realy only be seen in TW

Would Cheaper orb prices also help more customers buying more gold?

I for one dont know of this subject my aim is to get all my items to + 5 when i am lvl 90 and maybe even +6 depending how much cash i gather. But for the +12 it seems to far away. So si anyone gonna do it?

I buy gold $10 worth of gold every month (to help keep game alive)

So at 1.3billion basing $10 = 1mill roughly 1300 months = 108 years and 4 months

If i saved up all the gold i made ingame.

Even by my standard ingame income which is about 2mill if i save it all and do nothign to it would take me 650 weeks = 54 years

So if you can see the point im getting at no one will ever want to do that.

So should the prices of orbs go down even if it make people have higher lvl refined gear? (would that be positve or negative step for pwi?)

I would like the prices of Orbs go down to 10silver. That way we could least have a good chance of people getting higher refined. Since there is now a batch of players who are in the 90's it seems logical further improvement will be done by gears. If Orbs down to 10k more people would certainly buy more.

Or im i just realy bored and no one cares b:sad

Then again unless someone has $13000 to spend on the +12 i thnik peopel liek me who grind will just have to Pray :P

<3
Post edited by Reenoa - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    "Is the Price of Orbs right and why so?

"Will there be any future releases such as 7 8 9 or 10 orbs to achieve this?

"Is it realy worth it? i mean to farm the 1.3billion coin would probably get you from lvl 90 - 99.

So how can we the players achieve max +12 even though the difference it will make will realy only be seen in TW

Would Cheaper orb prices also help more customers buying more gold?

Unfortunately +12ing everything is kinda overboard (especially on rings).

7, 8, 9, and 10 orbs are made from combining previous ones. At lower levels its not really worth it because you change armor constantly. I don't think anyone expects people to +12 everything, or even one item. Most likely cheaper orbs may help more gold influx, depending on the levels on the server.

Just a FYI, I believe Dragon Orb (1 Star) (10) is the cheapest way to go. When you combine them together I think they turn out cheaper than buying the orbs directly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reenoa - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Unfortunately +12ing everything is kinda overboard (especially on rings).

7, 8, 9, and 10 orbs are made from combining previous ones. At lower levels its not really worth it because you change armor constantly. I don't think anyone expects people to +12 everything, or even one item. Most likely cheaper orbs may help more gold influx, depending on the levels on the server.

Just a FYI, I believe Dragon Orb (1 Star) (10) is the cheapest way to go. When you combine them together I think they turn out cheaper than buying the orbs directly.

im thinking of when peopel are 90+ sicne 90 - 99 cna take like 6 months..would it be somethign you do? Also 99 items are very rare and i dont thnik we'll ever see a 105 for the next 3 years unless they increase exp for the higher lvls
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    People will start +12ing gear before you know. There's already a +12 xbow on LC. Once more people get their endgame gear you'll see more of it. (though some people don't think of that xbow as a good endgame weapon)

edit: to +12 an item is 10,140 1 star orbs. that's 1014 packs of 10. 1014*2.70 = $2737.80 per +12 item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, we do already have a level 101 I think.

99 items depend in rarity. HH items can be farmed if you have a good enough group, and I've already seen plenty of people with 99 items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reenoa - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    People will start +12ing gear before you know. There's already a +12 xbow on LC. Once more people get their endgame gear you'll see more of it. (though some people don't think of that xbow as a good endgame weapon)

edit: to +12 an item is 10,140 1 star orbs. that's 1014 packs of 10. 1014*2.70 = $2737.80 per +12 item.

that means a set would be even more = 2737 x 11 = $30,000 >.>

lol see my point cant vbe done but if prices lowered on orbs would have more refining.

10k per orb for the win :P (so i can grind more :D)
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I sat at a jewelcraftsman one day and added it all up, takes 10,140 one star orbs to make one of each 1-12 orb. Not including the (negligable) cost of mirage that's 2737.8 gold, or 306.6 million at the current cheapest cost of gold on Sanc. Of course it is extremely unlikely you would be able to accomplish this feat all at once without spending a load RL cash, there just isn't that much gold for sale at one time. (Maiya)You are right that it's much cheaper in the long run to combine orbs, but the (10) 3 star orb packs cost the same once you get to the point of using them or higher only.

When you start thinking about endgame 9x-10x it's really not that massive a cost for truly important pieces of gear. Let's say you finally get your hands on the mats for a T99 gold, or a Weapon of the Sages, do you really think you'll ever replace it?

*Edit* Gah Yourmom beat me to the math.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I only plan to get my TT 90 gear to +5 for the reason of cost. It's just too much. Got boots to +3 and my level 89 mold weapon to +3 so far so I'm getting there.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I only plan to get my TT 90 gear to +5 for the reason of cost. It's just too much. Got boots to +3 and my level 89 mold weapon to +3 so far so I'm getting there.

yeah +4-5 is fairly reasonable, no need to go buck crazy on all your gears :V cept maybe weapon, i can understand that >_>; my TT80 is +7 xD. (dont plan on being 90 soon)
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, if you aren't willing to spend too much money, have patience, and stuff. get the thing that only lowers lvl by 1 if u fail. follow all 9 rules of refining, even the 9th one, just cause its funny. then, talk with blacke to see which officer will give u a refining bonus. by doing all these, you will spend, probably a lot more mirage celestones, but it will probably save you money in the long run.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I sat at a jewelcraftsman one day and added it all up, takes 10,140 one star orbs to make one of each 1-12 orb. Not including the (negligable) cost of mirage that's 2737.8 gold, or 306.6 million at the current cheapest cost of gold on Sanc. Of course it is extremely unlikely you would be able to accomplish this feat all at once without spending a load RL cash, there just isn't that much gold for sale at one time. (Maiya)You are right that it's much cheaper in the long run to combine orbs, but the (10) 3 star orb packs cost the same once you get to the point of using them or higher only.

When you start thinking about endgame 9x-10x it's really not that massive a cost for truly important pieces of gear. Let's say you finally get your hands on the mats for a T99 gold, or a Weapon of the Sages, do you really think you'll ever replace it?

*Edit* Gah Yourmom beat me to the math.

I just know where to look up the numbers instead of counting at the npc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]