How can I make weapons with sockets?

Kindyr - Sanctuary
Kindyr - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2009 in The Crafting Nook
Ive only been playing for about 1 week, I have obtained only lvl 2 blacksmithing abilities. My question is how can I make weapons with sockets? Is there an art to it. I make 2 weapons today, one had a socket and the other didn't? Is it random? Seeking help from the pro's!!
Post edited by Kindyr - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kindyr - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I know there has to be some next lvl ****'s on the forums since the severs are down, help a noob out!! Im trying to help some friends who are just starting, it would shurely help em out if i could manufacture decent weapons that I could imbue for them. Any help would be appreciated even if ur not sure!
  • Flyingpix - Heavens Tear
    Flyingpix - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There are two ways to get socketed items. When crafting you have a chance to make items (armor and weapons) that have sockets. The other way is to get socket stones and add sockets to an existing item you've gotten from a drop/crafted/or bought from an NPC. It really is up to you which you want to do and what effects are on an item making socketing worth its while if buying socket stones. Honestly you are better off trying to make it yourself if you can before you go and shell out the coins for level2 blackmith/tailoring.
  • Kindyr - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Is there any way to tell which weapons will end up with sockets or not?
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Its completely random, as far as manufacturing them. Same with the grade of the weapon, or armor or accessory. 1star, 2, 3. you just gotta keep tryin till you get what you want. At your level you can prolly make a new weapon every two levels....Or maybe even every level. So, it gives you many opportunities to make a socketed weapon.

Weapons before your FB19 weapon are gonna come and go pretty quickly. You may find it expensive to add stones to these socketed weapons. Your FB19 will last you some time so it may be more reasonable to add your shards. And same can be said about your armor. At level 30 you can get your rank gear. And really anything before that gear, you may not find it worth the coin to shard it.

Those of course are just personal observations. If your rich then go for it, or if your just playing and wanna try, go for it. Just know you can not get your shards back from the equipment when your done with it.

Good luck
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • Flyingpix - Heavens Tear
    Flyingpix - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I've heard that Ducke Blanche if you talk to him he can tell you what smith to use in Archasaure that could increase your chances of 2/3 stars and socket. I don't know personally if its true as I have not really needed to smith past level 3 only need to be able to decompose items to get the stones for making Apothecary charms.

As the other poster said the chance of getting sockets is pretty random although I've had decent luck getting them if I make 4 or 5 of the same item. That of course hinges on you having enough mats to make that many items at a time. That can be a pain if you need coppers to make your items since you got to make those before your intended item(s). The attributes will always be same as NPC item or higher so really you just got to hope that the sockets and additional mag attributes should you it get them at the same time are useful.

Your FB19 weapon will come with 2 sockets on it and is a great weapon used mine for a good long time. The Rank1 armor you get at level 30 is very nice too I am still using it at level 45 because the added mag attributes are far and away better than anything I could shard. It also comes with 2 sockets. The only downside is you can't sell/trade/decompose this armor if you come by something better since you turn it in later for your Rank2 set it will just sit there in your inventory/bank taking up space:( .
  • masterlynk
    masterlynk Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yes its true you can make your chances higher in your crafting skills and yes Duke tells you what blacksmiths can help you, but it doesnt matter from 5 swords i make to upgrade my skill only 1 got the upgrade so i dont really recomend to, cause im just upgrading to forge my hh equipment and a new Flying Sword.