Am I pur mag?

Leolf - Heavens Tear
Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
Just curious, since I'm light armor, but all my non-equipment stats go to mag, is that pure mag? Or is pure mag only arcane armor?
Post edited by Leolf - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Joria - Sanctuary
    Joria - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I believe pure mag is when you put enough points in str to use your next armor/weapon and everything else in mag skill. This gives rather low phys def, but very high magic damage output and magic def.

What you have sounds like a Light Armor build which is more rounded in defense, but I guess you sacrifice a little damage for it.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    To wear the best light armor and wield the best magic weapon for your level, you need to put your points into 1 str, 1 dex, and 3 mag every level. You only have 2 points extra (magic weapon needs mag to be 3x level, but you start with 5 mag, leaving 2 points).

So either you only have 2 points which aren't dependent on equipment, so it doesn't really matter where they are since it's not going to make a big difference. Or your light build is gimped somehow. (Exception being if you have stat-boosting equipment. But the problem with that is eventually you'll outgrow it and there's no guarantee you'll find equipment which boosts the same stats.)
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    When people talk about "pure mag" it means robe with no vit and all remaining points going to int. LA build is not considered pure mag, as their attack is much lower than pure mag and most vit hybird builds.
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Um...no, I keep up with my weapons and armor just fine o.o Don't think I have a lot stat boosts.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Um...no, I keep up with my weapons and armor just fine o.o Don't think I have a lot stat boosts.

Then you are a LA build.

Pure magic = glass canon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mastnwm
    mastnwm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    glass cannon veno? doesn't exist... if it does you play it wrong. Light armor is mediocre all around imo... pets should take damage veno shouldn't.
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What is your typical venomous scarab hit? I am curious because I would like to compare the various builds "cannon".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joria - Sanctuary
    Joria - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What is your typical venomous scarab hit? I am curious because I would like to compare the various builds "cannon".

In that case we'll have to ask what lvl his veno is to :P
  • Lilith - Harshlands
    Lilith - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Well my venomous is maxed out at 10, and I'm level 69. It hits for around 3.9k on mobs my level. I use AA and am a pure build(3 vit ftw).
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just curious, since I'm light armor, but all my non-equipment stats go to mag, is that pure mag? Or is pure mag only arcane armor?

As far as I know, if you use LA, you are not. A pure mag should not even add anything to VIT. But is there really a 100% pure MAG veno?
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    mastnwm wrote: »
    glass cannon veno? doesn't exist... if it does you play it wrong. Light armor is mediocre all around imo... pets should take damage veno shouldn't.

Glass canon means high damage output, low survivability, and has absolutely nothing to do with having or not having a pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mastnwm
    mastnwm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Glass canon means high damage output, low survivability, and has absolutely nothing to do with having or not having a pet.

yes it does, low survivability means you would die a lot. Pets stop this, unless you play them wrong.
  • Flyingpix - Heavens Tear
    Flyingpix - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Going pure mag has its benefits with damage output but your vit is so low 2 - 3 hits you are going to more than likely die if you can't run like hell to get away. Your personal survivability isn't dependent on your pet so much as how well you can use it.