Weapon

Nayiro - Sanctuary
Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
Out of the 4 choices which is arguably better? Or is there no "best", just use the best one you can get?
Back.
Post edited by Nayiro - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    depends on your play style, id say count wand out, they just suck.

magic swords have a pretty good min and max, consider it the middle ground weapon

glaives tend to have a wide range, and tend to flux in damage quite often.

Patakas have highest max but lowest min, kind of like a more gambled version of the glaive.

The decision really comes in the 80s, whether you wanna continue the TT70 sword path, or change to wheel of life. I personally took the wheel. TT90 glaive looks hot >_>;

when youre leveling your noob veno, aim for whatever suits your playing style. i usually went for highest max dmg.
  • Succubae - Dreamweaver
    Succubae - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    when youre leveling your noob veno, aim for whatever suits your playing style. i usually went for highest max dmg.

I would say take the highest mean damage. Statistically, it is the best.

But as you said, it depends on your playing style. If you want the same number of hits for each mob, take one with low range. If you want to kill 200 mobs the fastest, take the highest mean. If you want one big number on your screen every now and then, take the highest max damage.
  • Flyingpix - Heavens Tear
    Flyingpix - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think it also has a lot to do with your build set up. For my full arcane veno I use a sword simply because I already have a high spike rate for my nuke spells so a sword gives me a consistent hit rate without taking any hate. On the other hand, my full fox using LA that I've been playing here and there I've been using whatever weapon will give my crit a larger spike while using melee damage (usually a glave or pataka when I can get a new one.) So I think different builds take advantage of the weapons that will compensate for what is most needed much like how our armor choices can make a big difference in how we play from the outset.