Some thoughts on Pking

Juggernaut - Harshlands
Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
So the other day, me and my recently married guild mate decide to celebrate our marriage by going on a pk spree. So we load up on angels, and head out to Secret Passage.

We are just having a good time, pking random white names and guild less players. We made sure to NOT attack people who were being attacked by mobs (didn't want anyone to lose exp), and anyone from a major guild (didn't want to start faction drama). And every time we killed a lowbie, we would make sure to whisper them and tell them that we are just out having fun, and its nothing personal.

After a few minutes of running around and enjoying ourselves, we started to get some nasty comments from the other players in the area. I'm para-phrasing, but some of my favorites were:

"**** you ****sucking *******!!!!!!!"
"you shouldn't random pk, you don't know who's alt this is you noob!"
"yeah, you better run you prick!"

I can't help but wonder, why get so upset if you are on a pvp server? Do people just not know what they getting themselves into when they roll here?

I've been killed my fair share amount of times, and while it may be slightly annoying, I know thats what I had coming by playing on this server.

If you are reading this, and you plan to throw a fit every time you get pked, just do everyone a favor and reroll on a PvE server. Thank you.

<3 you Mali!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Juggernaut - Harshlands on

Comments

• malilizi
    malilizi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Awww...people just don't understand our murder based love!

<33
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Being on a PvP server, all of us have to expect to get hit by random PKs once we cross the 3x threshhold. It doesn't make it fun to die, of course, but that's just the way things are. There will be random PKers, and there will be KoS orders. It's something I plan to take in stride.

On the other hand, you have to expect at least some people to complain. It interrupts whatever routine they had planned, and can be embarrassing as well. Whether they were killed because they weren't paying attention, were too overpowered, or were too underskilled, it's still something that they don't enjoy having pointed out to them in such a graphic manner with a teleport back to the nearest town. So any hollering that ensues is them venting their frustration, perhaps even with a little bit of posturing to show that, while they died, they're no weakling and will stand up for themselves.

Me, I'll be more likely to say "well played" and learn from the experience, whether it be in my tactics or in my level of attention to my surroundings. Or perhaps my stat balance or equipment. In any case, I'm not one to hold a grudge for something as simple as a one-time killing on a PvP server.

But the complaining from the vanquished will continue, and it's a lot louder than the gracious nods of acceptance from the less-ruffleable players. So, too, will continue the victorius crowing of the successful PKer, along with the quiet remarks like your own. Not sure they do much to set people at ease but at least you tried ^x^
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
  • Angerr - Harshlands
    Angerr - Harshlands Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    No one likes dying, but you obviously need to accept you're gonna die sometimes. I can see why the 3x and 4x complained when you kill them though, they didn't stand a chance ;p
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    People PK on this server? Wtf? b:shocked
  • Crucifix - Harshlands
    Crucifix - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    People PK on this server? Wtf? b:shocked

Just because we pick flowers all day don't mean others do Nova,

Someday... :P b:cute
  • Koyote - Harshlands
    Koyote - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well take in to consideration that low lvl players are usually farmed for exp. Also the ones who offer help with FB (u said u were pking random lowbies as they enter the passage) will get upset if u cant make it and leave u. Also u might have got thos messages from players who got pk alot in the last minutes. I have no problems with pk. But its no longer fun when several high lvl stalk u and dont let u get out of safezones for almost an hour to do your quests just to laugh at you. ( it happened to me ). Low lvls arent easy. So if u are randomly pking some lowbies is ok. Just let them do their FB after dont spend your whole day making sure they dont.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Koyote - Wizardhunter of Harshlandsb:pleased. (I hate wizardsb:angry)
  • Cerena - Harshlands
    Cerena - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    honestly i think pk is funny at times given the circumstances. if it's some ******* trying to make leveling a pain for you though, then id be really frustrated and against it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Domo loves you too.
  • Imortalz - Harshlands
    Imortalz - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    and there it is again Random Pking lower lv i have no clue why its cllaed Random iff the location is picked and knewing its lv u knew tehy would never stand a chance so stop acting like u didnt knew or that they chold accept it as like 70% or so dont like u pking lv30s (fb29) iff u why chance are lv72 i CAN not understand that COS u have ur fun ppl will accept it and say hell ty cos it will never happen and lets try this

u DONt like ppl QQ abut them being killed why not Reroll pve who knew its maybe betterb:chuckle lolZ
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    its understandable, when i was a noob in lostcity i whispered bad words at the ppl who killed meb:laughbut ppl get used to hit nd start thinking in lvling to pk u when u r old nd fked upb:laughb:laugh
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Try killing people your own level, what you are doing requires no skill and u seem to like the negative attention.

You bore me.
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    Wreck - Harshlands Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So the other day, me and my recently married guild mate decide to celebrate our marriage by going on a pk spree. So we load up on angels, and head out to Secret Passage.

We are just having a good time, pking random white names and guild less players. We made sure to NOT attack people who were being attacked by mobs (didn't want anyone to lose exp), and anyone from a major guild (didn't want to start faction drama). And every time we killed a lowbie, we would make sure to whisper them and tell them that we are just out having fun, and its nothing personal.

After a few minutes of running around and enjoying ourselves, we started to get some nasty comments from the other players in the area. I'm para-phrasing, but some of my favorites were:

"**** you ****sucking *******!!!!!!!"
    "you shouldn't random pk, you don't know who's alt this is you noob!"
    "yeah, you better run you prick!"

I can't help but wonder, why get so upset if you are on a pvp server? Do people just not know what they getting themselves into when they roll here?

I've been killed my fair share amount of times, and while it may be slightly annoying, I know thats what I had coming by playing on this server.

If you are reading this, and you plan to throw a fit every time you get pked, just do everyone a favor and reroll on a PvE server. Thank you.

<3 you Mali!

This isn't a PvP server.
  • Bubble - Harshlands
    Bubble - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Try killing people your own level, what you are doing requires no skill and u seem to like the negative attention.

You bore me.

What he said. Especially if u'r a guy, u show no gut.
    Maybe slaughtering those lvl 1 bunnies/hens/pup in town will be fun? They don't complain at all.
  • Havard - Harshlands
    Havard - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Am I the only lowbie that, when PKed, sighs and adds another name to their list? I can't quite wrap my head around the purpose of slaughtering lowbies who stand no chance but I guess if that's what gives you your jollies...

Just don't complain when I have the advantage.
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wow.

To everyone crying about killing lowbies: stfu, seriously.

1) It's a pk server. Get used to being killed by higher levels.

2) I went on a killing spree ONCE. Not something I do all the time.

3) Making a big deal about it just makes me want to kill you again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stepomax - Harshlands
    Stepomax - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wow.

Couldnt aggree more hence why i left carebearland (sanctuary) damn i dont get pked often but when i do i just get back up laugh about it and carry on
    Gotta love a safe zone crybaby......
    well someone has to i guess
  • Bakura - Harshlands
    Bakura - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I random pk half of the time because I only have crimson on kos now and somehow i dont find them anymore... .___. and pve grindfest faggotry makes me cry aloud.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PvP delivered straight to your doorstep since 2oo8.
  • Shadowreign - Harshlands
    Shadowreign - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wow.

I understand that it's "suppossed to be" a PvP server but seriously, PKing random lowbies (sub 50 lvl)....what's the point? It's not like they have any chance of providing you with any type of serious opposition. That being the case, I must assume that you're doing it to stroke your ego at being able to 1 shot another player......never mind that the player you just 1 shot is 25+ levels below you. Now if the player is from a "rival guild" whom you have KOS on, then such is life.....they can learn to live with it or leave the guild. However, to go on a killing spree on random players who are at least 25 levels below you is just pathetic.
  • Bakura - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    I understand that it's "suppossed to be" a PvP server but seriously, PKing random lowbies (sub 50 lvl)....what's the point? It's not like they have any chance of providing you with any type of serious opposition. That being the case, I must assume that you're doing it to stroke your ego at being able to 1 shot another player......never mind that the player you just 1 shot is 25+ levels below you. Now if the player is from a "rival guild" whom you have KOS on, then such is life.....they can learn to live with it or leave the guild. However, to go on a killing spree on random players who are at least 25 levels below you is just pathetic.

There's no point. Why do you need a reason? Well, there's no reason either. Just get used to it. Some people just fly around and kos everyone, not bothering to check the levels. If you wanna cry about it; go ahead and reroll a pve server :< Actually i suggest that to all players in this server. MOAR PVP ACTION ON PVE SERVERS GOGOGO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    First, I'm not QQing about it, just making an observation. Simple fact remains that PKing someone so many levels below you is nothing but a slaughter and truth be told, quite pathetic. Now I can understand someone flying around and PKing whoever they happen to see without regard for level, but if you bother to read the OP, that's not what this person was doing. THis person went into SP where the only people who need something in there are without question 25+ levels below him. You will also note that while he was getting his jollies killing lowbies, he specifically made mention that he didn't bother those who were in a major faction (in other words, one that could call in someone near his own level to **** him up). So if you bother to read the OP, the only rational conclusion that can be derived was that he was feeding his ego by being able to 1 shot lowbies.....and that is truely pathetic.
  • Bakura - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    First, I'm not QQing about it, just making an observation. Simple fact remains that PKing someone so many levels below you is nothing but a slaughter and truth be told, quite pathetic. Now I can understand someone flying around and PKing whoever they happen to see without regard for level, but if you bother to read the OP, that's not what this person was doing. THis person went into SP where the only people who need something in there are without question 25+ levels below him. You will also note that while he was getting his jollies killing lowbies, he specifically made mention that he didn't bother those who were in a major faction (in other words, one that could call in someone near his own level to **** him up). So if you bother to read the OP, the only rational conclusion that can be derived was that he was feeding his ego by being able to 1 shot lowbies.....and that is truely pathetic.

So what? If that's their way of welcoming the lvl 3xs to the world of pvp, they're free to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Never said he wasn't free to do so, obviously he is given that he did it. Just stating the obvious in that it's pathetic that he gets his jollies by killing lowbies when he himself more or less refers to the fact that he doesn't have the gonads to do that to someone who can call in ppl his own level.

That's part of the joy in this game, people are free to do what they wish (within reason) and people are free to form thier own opinions about those actions. In this case, my opinion (and the opinion of a few other posters) is that what the OP did was pathetic.
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    Wreck - Harshlands Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hmm, I'm not going to say that camping SP is by any means my form of entertainment, I have more fun camping 7x Crimson. The point is it's a PvP server, people are given the ability to kill anyone 30+ for a reason. Some people run around killing everyone, such as this guy, others only kill within their range. If people are going to quit because they got killed by someone 40 lvls above them then they really had no business rolling the PvP server.