Bank full of materials

hoodat
hoodat Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Ok so i guess i tried to address too many things at once my other thread so ill start a new one.

I have a bank full of materials and i need room for new\diff materials.

I am kind of a horder.

So my question to you, veteran PWI players is this:

Am i better off to just sell all this stuff for ridiculous profits with a shop?

Or

Should i just make weird **** armors and stuff that i dont need so that i can get my skills up to make what i do need.

Could i not just buy something really cool with all that game gold?
Post edited by hoodat on

Comments

• denarr
    denarr Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you've been harvesting alot (which it sounds like you have) then I suggest crafting the **** to try to raise your skills. When forced to craft below yourself, look for items that can be crafted cheaply, rather than just sticking to items you could have used.

Also, using your bank slots for harvesting material isn't that great, since you will likely just fill that slot in your inventory once you run across the material again. Use the bank slots for things that you won't need for a while.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Enjoy the game, and just make that crappy stuff with the cheapest mats..

Well, and sell all leftovers when you don't need the mats anymore.

It might help in the long run...
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    For the pro-horder: Make an alt account, get a friend. Pass all your garbage to your friend to hold. Swap accounts and stash it on the new char.

(The TRUE horder will then get same said friend, pass off a bunch of stuff...then go about gathering more. It can sometimes be days before your "friend" gets fed up holding your stuff, pass it off to the next person on the list and move along ;) )
  • hoodat
    edited April 2009
    Thanks all. I guess i will just make cheap items and get my skills up so i can make something usefull. Although i am tempted to make this "alt" account. lol.

But then how will i pass things to and from this char with only one computer?

Mom quits quite pissed if i use her computer. And it would be a long download.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As long as the characters are on the same server, you can mail it to your alt.

However, keep in mind is costs $500 coins for each piece of mail you send and it takes can hour for the mail to arrive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hoodat wrote: »
    ...I have a bank full of materials and i need room for new\diff materials....
    I am kind of a horder. ...
    Could i not just buy something really cool with all that game gold?

I'd suggest you expand your bank and your inventory as well. It is expensive, but you can also do the quests to expand your bank storage. If you save your in-game coin, you can buy gold at the auction house and when you have enough you can buy an inventory expansion stone or a bank expansion stone. If you save for a while you can just get a super inventory stone or a super bank expansion stone instead. If you can find someone in-game selling these items, buy from them instead as it'll be less expensive for you.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thanks all. I guess i will just make cheap items and get my skills up so i can make something usefull. Although i am tempted to make this "alt" account. lol.

But then how will i pass things to and from this char with only one computer?

Mom quits quite pissed if i use her computer. And it would be a long download.

Erm, technically having two physically seperate accounts is a nono.

Instead, make several accounts under your primary account. You can have upto 5. Once you've got the new character made, have a friend hold all your junk, swap characters, and have them give it to the new character. Log off the new character and back into your main char. You've got 3 more alts to go if you really want. You CAN mail stuff to yourself, but best if its in piles of greater than XX so that you don't kill your coins paying the 500 coin per message.
  • hoodat
    edited April 2009
    Thanks guys.

Im in the process of turning all that stuff into junk now! havent even made a dent in it and im almost lvl 2 smithing already! LOL and all the stuff that i want to make now doesnt even use the materials that i have! TOO FUNNY! Irony at its best.

Although i will say very creative with the alt account. But at this point why would you need to do that other than to use as a sort of store, and just to keep it like inventory! I guess that could be very profitable. oh well ill try to sell what i can i guess. I wont get that far into it just yet ^_^

Probably will by the time this is over.
  • hoodat
    edited April 2009
    Ok so i just manufactored alot of things to get my skill up to make something that i wanted.

I kept making things only to notice that i was stuck at 100% lvl 1 tailoring.

It was then i remembered about going to the eldar to get lvl 1. So i go and there it is the lvl 2 tailor skill.

Now for my question:

Do i have to manufactor things to get my skill up to 100% before i can buy the upgrade to lvl 2? Whats going on here?

Thanks, i know i ask alot of questions but if i dont im gonna go crazy!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ok so i just manufactored alot of things to get my skill up to make something that i wanted.

I kept making things only to notice that i was stuck at 100% lvl 1 tailoring.

It was then i remembered about going to the eldar to get lvl 1. So i go and there it is the lvl 2 tailor skill.

Now for my question:

Do i have to manufactor things to get my skill up to 100% before i can buy the upgrade to lvl 2? Whats going on here?

Thanks, i know i ask alot of questions but if i dont im gonna go crazy!

Yes, they have to be at 100%. At least until lvl 50 when you can get your level 4 skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Sacagaweia - Dreamweaver
    Sacagaweia - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You have to manufacture 10 level 1 things for each skill before you can advance to level 2 in that skill. Same applies to level 2 to 3 (10 level 2 things). 3 to 4 involves a new quest. (Don't know if you have to get level 3 to 100% before getting the quest.) 4 to 5 is normal; 5 to 6 has a new quest.
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Erm, technically having two physically seperate accounts is a nono.

why does this cross the tos?
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.