Whats the diffrence between a pvp server and pve
Post edited by RaienyDayz - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There is no difference...

It's the same world until level 30..teheheh

But overall, PvP worlds are more exciting... and PvE worlds are a bit less red.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    on pve after you cross the level 30 barrier you can just stay blue if you dont want to involve in fighting others/getting random pked by noobs who prefer to kill lower levs cause they lose big time with anyone their own size

it also has a larger concentration of emos and is a much more fun place to do drama on, as well as making big guilds and then seeing them fall apart from whining
  • Hate - Lost City
    Hate - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    dont want to involve in fighting others/getting random pked by noobs who prefer to kill lower levs cause they lose big time with anyone their own size

butt hurt?
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    butt hurt?
    No, it's just plain truth. Take sullivan for example. Listed in top50 pvp, pwns each 3X but got pwned by high-5X bm (it was actually 2vs1 fight, sullivan and some barb against this bm - both failed). I don't experience any troubles with newbie hunters like him, but I live in GMT+3 so it's usually deep night for most of the server...
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    PvE - Grind, do stuff with friends and pk when you feel like.

PvP - Pk, get pked, get pked whilst fighting a boss, get pked while grinding, get pked while afk in a not so safe zone.

Get pked whilst afk on world quest, get pked picking herbs, get pked while mining rocks, get pked while getting pked.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    PvE - no PvP action.. boring as hell. People can pretty much cuss at you and you can't do anything because they aren't flagged. People can Kill Steal you at will and you don't do anything except get frustrated. Please... go on PvE servers, that's where all the Carebears go.

PvP - Intense PvP action, no boring **** like PvE for the rest of your life. You can both PvE and PvP!!! People think they can KS you? Just pk their ****. Got crazy good gear? Show off by just pking for fun. Ever wanted to get revenge on someone? PvP is the way. Of course, you need balls for a PvP servers (girls need them too! like basketballs or baseballs). If your a complainer or a carebear who loves hugging monsters that try to murder and kill you, I suggest you roll a PvE server.

Fixed for you Mysticlifex
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Pallileuka - Dreamweaver
    Pallileuka - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Didn't want to make new thread for few questions so i merge them here;

Maybe i just suck at searching, but anyways...

1. Is there any other difference in PvE and PvP servers apart from the PK? Like are there PvP events and other organized PvP battles in PvE servers too? Because i love PvP, but hate being random shooted at while i try to PvE thus i kinda want to avoid the PvP server for that part.

2. In what extent is the PK scheme availabe at PvE servers? Like, can I and bunch of friends have a brawl between us if we wish so? Is there some group battle mode or anything for that?

3. And lastly, is there any area dedicated to free PvPing only in PvE server, like some always open battle area where people can just come and go as they wish?

Thanks in advance. I most likely still stay at PvE server since i already extended my inv and safe there xD but would be good to know how much i'll regret it later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    The only difference between pvp and pve is that you can disable pk mode on pve servers. This does not affect pvp areas (some rooms of cube, tw zone etc). And of course you can enable pk mode and kill anyone who also enabled it. If you hate to be random-shooted, pve server seems like a good choice.
    --
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    PvP servers aren't as 'bad' as the PvE crowd here would have you believe.

If you PvE, sure you get randomly PK'd, but not every day and not all that often. It's usually by surprise attack and sometimes you get the better of them... sometimes they kill you.

If you're a PKer, you're more likely to be attacked by white names because being red usually means "I drop stuff when I die", unless your equips are bound or carry dolls. The majority of PKers don't, and you can make some decent money hunting red names.

And when you're tired of grinding, you can also have a lot of fun random PKing. If you don't want to PK, that's fine, you can go about your business and generally not worry about being killed, but it does happen.

It's a game, play it with training wheels or without, your choice.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    PvP servers aren't as 'bad' as the PvE crowd here would have you believe.

If you PvE, sure you get randomly PK'd, but not every day and not all that often. It's usually by surprise attack and sometimes you get the better of them... sometimes they kill you.

If you're a PKer, you're more likely to be attacked by white names because being red usually means "I drop stuff when I die", unless your equips are bound or carry dolls. The majority of PKers don't, and you can make some decent money hunting red names.

And when you're tired of grinding, you can also have a lot of fun random PKing. If you don't want to PK, that's fine, you can go about your business and generally not worry about being killed, but it does happen.

It's a game, play it with training wheels or without, your choice.
    QFT b:thanks
    --
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am a lvl 49 and sometimes I get PKed up to 3 times trying to complete a quest! It's very rare you are not PKed when you lvl to 30 and start grinding quests in the more dangerous areas that are not a "Safe Zone." It's time consuming, expensive and ads stress to the game play if you don't like being killed by other players. Sorry its true. I know, I know...."its just a game, blah blah blah." Therefore, change to PVE and complete quests with peace of mind, grind, make lots of cool friends and lvl up without fear of being killed often. I am currently changing over to PVE, started two characters similar to the ones I have on PVP to help me with the transition. I have met lots of great people already and its lots of fun because it has all the same territories, territory wars (TW), same monsters to grind, quests, and people to chat with as on PVP. The only difference is "YOU" decide when and if you want to be in the PK mode. I love playing Perfect World, it rocks!!!!
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    memegirl2 wrote: »
    I am a lvl 49 and sometimes I get PKed up to 3 times trying to complete a quest! It's very rare you are not PKed when you lvl to 30 and start grinding quests in the more dangerous areas that are not a "Safe Zone." It's time consuming, expensive and ads stress to the game play if you don't like being killed by other players. Sorry its true. I know, I know...."its just a game, blah blah blah." Therefore, change to PVE and complete quests with peace of mind, grind, make lots of cool friends and lvl up without fear of being killed often. I am currently changing over to PVE, started two characters similar to the ones I have on PVP to help me with the transition. I have met lots of great people already and its lots of fun because it has all the same territories, territory wars (TW), same monsters to grind, quests, and people to chat with as on PVP. The only difference is "YOU" decide when and if you want to be in the PK mode. I love playing Perfect World, it rocks!!!!

Yay for forum necrophiliacs
  • KhaManhDan - Sanctuary
    KhaManhDan - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i hate freakend pvp server, i drop one of my legendary axe on my other account while i got pked
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My own exp:

I played both servers pve and pvp.

Yes it sucks on low levels when people kill you 3 times every 15 min

But you know what when u reach end game and you are pve sever you will say to yourself OMG wtf ive done theres nothing to do........

When i was on my wizard on pve server i stayed like 30 min just waitng for som wite name to pop up...
    And to when i get some pvp action which werent too many times it was always the same faces the same names..... like boringggg

On pvp server specially on LC i kill/die to many ppl i never saw or never heard about...

And good if you roling a wiz better be here cause they own on group pvp....
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Necro'd.

inb4lock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    memegirl2 wrote: »

When you get higher, a lot of this stops.

Mainly because those high-high levels that PK lower ones, want less of a chance of themselves dying and are incapable of handling a good old fashioned evenly matched challenge.

Rpking is part of the game, but it speaks volumes about you as a person and a player if the only people you seek out to pk are 20+ levels under you and a 'sure kill'.

Got to wonder how this person will even survive in TW. Cause my guess is, the first TW they get where they have people their level pounding on them will have them doing the fake disconnect, screaming LAGGGG... every moment they die... or suddenly rage quit during the TW (someone else's fault of course) and drop guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • belindaxx
    belindaxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hello ^^, i really want a server with lots of people..so i can make more friends :)...and since im new to the game i dunno :(..... which is better PVP or PVE :3 ^^ thx very much. b:thanks